procoder3 to encore bitstream too high? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE

Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
All flavors of Edius; other Grass Valley / Canopus software & hardware.

Old June 4th, 2008, 11:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

procoder3 to encore bitstream too high?

I'm converting some premiere pro cs3 exported avi (using cineformhd). I target to 'dvd master' elementary streams. I use a little sharpening and 2pass vbr(8max,6avg,0min); audio wav. Sometimes it will say can't convert because greater then 10.08mbps, othertimes even with the same settings, it will convert.
I take the converted m2v,wav to Encore ,the project seems ok but when creating the dvd (disk or folders) it will stop (with error 12004). If I back down to 7max,5avg,1min or dump the audio, it will go okay.
I want the best quality I can get. Why is this happening? Seems like procoder wouldn't list the 'dvd master' with settings that are too high?

thanks,
Jack
Jack Laurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2008, 10:13 PM   #2
Inner Circle

What format are you choosing for the audio in Procoder?

There is a known issue with some DVD authoring programs that add up the two bitrates and they come up with errors. Procoder will INCLUDE the audio, DVD authoring programs will think it's not included, hence the error.

Try encoding not as separate video and audio files in Procoder but as generic MPEG set at the highest bitrate possible, with AC3 audio - this file should be accepted by Encore without problems.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE