edius 2.0 HD editing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE

Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
All flavors of Edius; other Grass Valley / Canopus software & hardware.

Old November 20th, 2003, 09:41 AM   #1
Skyonic New York

edius 2.0 HD editing

http://www.pbase.com/ib_japan/interbee_photos

if there are any folks that read japanese please translate thanks...
Robert Mann Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2003, 11:17 AM   #2
Skyonic New York

well it's official...

http://www.canopus.us/US/products/EDIUS/pt_EDIUS_v2.asp

New features in EDIUS 2.0 include:
> OHCI compatibility – use EDIUS for capturing, editing and exporting video on
any OHCI (FireWire) equipped notebook or PC
> MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 support – seamlessly edit MPEG video with DV and uncompressed video, with access to EDIUS' extensive range of realtime filters and effects
> DVD-Video authoring directly from the timeline, with chapter point support (requires either a DVD-R or DVD-RW drive)
> MP3 audio file import
> Improved timeline rendering options for effects-intensive projects
(e.g. In/Out timeline rending)
> Inscriber® TitleMotion™ – create polished, multi-layered 3D titles and graphics quickly, all in realtime
> ProCoder Express for EDIUS – this new timeline exporter simplifies the
process of preparing video for use with DVD authoring, the Web and email, through an easy-to-use wizard interface
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The v2.0 update will be shipping from January 2004 and will be available as an upgrade for any EDIUS customers. Upgrade pricing details are as follows:

> Customers who purchased EDIUS v1.x (either an upgrade from EDIUS LE or the
full version) from October 15th, 2003 onward: FREE
> Customers who purchased EDIUS v1.x (either an upgrade from EDIUS LE or the
full version) prior to October 15th, 2003 : $US199
Old December 10th, 2003, 02:34 PM   #3
Major Player

I don't see where it says HD...
Glenn Gipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2003, 02:42 PM   #4
Skyonic New York

well i don't either, initial reports were hd editing, however they may be talking about the mpg2 hd editing like in the jvc cams...

full details about this product have not been released yet
Old December 11th, 2003, 09:37 AM   #5
Major Player

I think the significance of the new version is the elimination of the requirement for a Canopus hardware board. In effect, this drops the list price from $1200 (Edius 1.0 + DVRaptor) to $600 (Edius 2.0). That's pretty significant and puts Edius right in the mix with Premiere, Vegas, and Edition.

That is, with one exception. Edius 2.0 appears to have DVD authoring built in, right from the timeline. No details yet, but that would be a striking departure from the norm and a huge selling point.

Will
Will Fastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2003, 12:38 PM   #6
Skyonic New York

Will,

i doubt it for me...i can't remember the last time i made a dvd without ac3 or menus or both...

as for the ohci it is really worth the price of admission for me if it retains the legendary stabilty 1.5 has...
Old December 11th, 2003, 11:06 PM   #7
Major Player

RMZ:

We're suffering here from lack of specs. I don't see any mention of AC3, but the term "DVD Authoring" always says menus to me. Lots of details to learn like what kind of output is supported, whether one can make a DVD9, etc.

This may sound stupid, but I'm a fan of Pinnacle Studio 8 (with the exception of the chronic bug problem). DVD Authoring is directly integrated on the timeline. Putting a simple DVD together is child's play with the program. It's a great exemplar for what can be done.

My experience with Studio has made me ask, constantly, why the more sophisticated products use a second, independent DVD program and, at best, provide minimal integration from the timeline. I'm sure the vendors have quite elaborate explanations for that, but I say that the $99 Studio makes fools of them.

It sounds like Edius realizes that the handwriting is on the wall. I just hope the other vendors get wise soon.

Will
Will Fastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2004, 08:47 AM   #8
Regular Crew

I will be uploading several clips and info in the next few days about Edius 2.0.

I'll make a post here with them as well. Soon all of this will be clear.
Michael Dontigney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE