Procoder Audio Drop-out at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE

Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
All flavors of Edius; other Grass Valley / Canopus software & hardware.

Old May 7th, 2009, 08:19 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Procoder Audio Drop-out

Hello all.

I have dvds that were created by a panasonic dvd recorder from a NLE machine. I am trying to use Procoder to get the video from the disk into an .mpg format.

I am able to do this, but when I play back the .mpg I get a 1-2 second audio drop-out about every 45 secs. or so. I have tried multiple dvd playback software, all with the same mishap.

I have changed the encoder bitrates several times, CBR, VBR, etc. I have even tried a different external dvd rom drive.

The dvd plays back fine in a standard dvd player.

Any ideas?
Jason White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 03:00 PM   #2
Inner Circle

"Getting the video into mpg format" using Procoder or any other compressor will result in re-encoding = loss of quality.

The video on the DVD is ALREADY in mpg format - vob is nothing but mpg plus some additional embedded data. Use freeware MPEG Streamclip to extract that mpg WITHOUT any recompressing = no loss of quality.
Old May 29th, 2009, 10:54 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I do use mpeg stream clip for 99% of these type of conversions. But I am making a slight modification to the resolution size of this video as well. Thats were Procoder comes into play.

Its just odd that a 1-2 syllable drop in audio would be created.
Jason White is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE