Videoguys now selling Edius! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE

Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
All flavors of Edius; other Grass Valley / Canopus software & hardware.

Old June 12th, 2009, 05:08 PM   #1
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

Videoguys now selling Edius!

Hey guys - long time no see. Just wanted to let everyone know that we are BACK!! It took a while to work out the details, but we are happy to announce that we are now carrying the full line of Grass Valley Edius & ADVC products.

Videoguys.com - Grass Valley

I'll be back posting tech tips and special offers here. Look for articles and blog entries on Videoguys.com about Edius.

It's going to take a week or so for our first shipments to come in, so please be patient.

Gary
Old June 12th, 2009, 05:26 PM   #2
Trustee

Hi Gary,

Good to hear that you are carrying Edius. I have a question about Edius5 HDspark combo. In the specs on your site it says "Some of the features above are available only with EDIUS 5, which is included in some, but not all, HDSPARK models". I know with Edius 5 software only there are lots of cool plug-in software in the package. What software is missing from the Edius 5 HDspark package?
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2009, 05:53 AM   #3

I'll check on the exact details. I think they leave out Title Motion.

Gary
Old June 13th, 2009, 10:26 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Are prices going to get lowered from MSRP?
Robert M Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2009, 12:44 PM   #5

oops! We rushed to get all the products up. We'll be putting in the sale prices on Monday.

GAry
Old November 12th, 2009, 04:09 PM   #6
Major Player

Buyer beware

If your purchase requires a dongle, make sure it is in the box as soon as it arrives. I got burned. Video Guys kept referring me to Canopus and Canopus keep referring me to Video Guys. I wound up taking the hit! If I am burning my bridges here......so be it.

JoJo
Dan Gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2009, 04:21 PM   #7

Dan,

I'm not up to speed on what went down with your order. If you send me a private email gary@videoguys.com I'll do some research, find out what went wrong and do my best to make it right.

GAry
Old November 12th, 2009, 04:26 PM   #8
Obstreperous Rex

Yeah, if somebody has a problem with one of our sponsors, I would really prefer it if they contacted me directly to assist with mediation before making a "hurt" post like this. Nine times out of ten, the situation is usually just a simple misunderstanding which is easily resolved. I've known Gary for years and I'm confident he'll make this right. Normally I withdraw these types of comments from public view. If you have an issue with one of our sponsors, always always exhaust every avenue first, including contacting me directly, before yelling fire on the forum.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2009, 11:03 AM   #9
Major Player

Chris,

I did not feel it was this forum's problem. A lot of time and energy were wasted in trying to resolve the issue before I moved on. I do feel a responsibility to caution buyers of a seller's past customer support and this seemed an appropriate venue.
If fellow members feel otherwise, I will not do it again.

JoJo

Last edited by Dan Gunn; November 13th, 2009 at 11:07 AM. Reason: clarify
Dan Gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2009, 11:25 AM   #10

Dan,

I don't have the details on your issue, but we offer a 30 day satisfaction guarantee on our sales. If you called us within that time frame you would always have the option of returning whatever you purchased for a refund. As many DVInfoNet members will attest, we often go beyond that timeframe whenever we can.

If you purchased a product that requires a dongle from us, and it did not have a dongle, we would always do everything possible to rectify that. But if you waited several months to report the missing dongle to us, all we can do at that point is point you back to the vendor.

Unfortunately vendors who use dongles tend to have very strict systems in place for getting replacements. Which is one of the reasons we don't like dongles. But it's a proven method for limiting piracy and some companies are not going to change on that. So Dan's advice to immediately check for your dongle is spot on, regardless of who you purchased from or who the vendor is.

Gary
Old November 17th, 2009, 10:20 AM   #11
Regular Crew

On a lighter note, will Videoguys be carrying EDIUS Neo2 AVCHD Booster when it is released?
Xian Messerschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 10:50 AM   #12

YES we will be carrying Neo Booster. In fact we are working right now with the folks at GV on creating some really exciting bundles. I hope the SPARKs your interest.

Gary

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE