DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Grass Valley / Canopus NLE (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/grass-valley-canopus-nle/)
-   -   How do I connect a Canopus ACEDVio to devices? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/grass-valley-canopus-nle/30798-how-do-i-connect-canopus-acedvio-devices.html)

Graham Bernard August 21st, 2004 10:47 AM

How do I connect a Canopus ACEDVio to devices?

Do you do any of this?

I have the following,

1 - VHS VCR [ SCARTS on rear ]

2 - PANASONIC NV-DV10000 with a heap of SCARTs and other I/Os back and front PLUS a 4-pin f/w IN/OUT on front panel.

3 - A TV with only RF in [ this for monitoring ]

4 - PC ASUS with the Canopus ACEDVio - This card has got A/V Ins and Outs and a f/w 4-pin or 6-pin.

While using Vegas I can get capture from the Pannie deck AND I can also get Print To Tape - first to the Pannie, for DV tape recording [ and/or ] then if I want, because the VHS is enroute to the TV monitor, I can roll a VHS tape and record to VHS tape . ..

Problem:

I can't get VHS from the VCR to be Captured within Vegas or any s/w that is on the pc. If I want to do this I have to physically re-plug everything so that I can get the VHS A/V in through the Canopus AND totally ignore the Pannie deck. I'd like, at least, a push button "selection" of scarts to do this. I do have a type of SCART selection switch box. OK, if you haven't lost the will to live - yet - in what order and how do I plumb this lot together?

TIA,

Grazie

Ed Smith August 24th, 2004 12:11 PM

Hi,

Your best bet would be to get a switch box. It makes life simple :)

But with out knowing exactly what bits are connected to which connectors, and how many connections you have, and in what direction each socket goes, I don't think anyone could tell you.

I expect that the scart connection on the back of the VTRs might only be inputs and not out puts aswell, it could also be that you are on the wrong channels on each device, or that the scat cable is only wired for input and not output?

Thanks,

Ken Tanaka August 24th, 2004 01:00 PM

Graham privately asked me where to post this question. I directed him to the PC Editing forum. But as it's been there a few days Ed feels it might get better exposure out here.

Graham Bernard August 24th, 2004 03:22 PM

Ed, email me:

graham UNDERSCORE bernard AT lycos DOT co DOT uk

and I'll get back to you with a scanned drawing . . that's the best I can think of! I'll also throw in the rear of the Pannie 10000 plus the VHS for free! What an offer?

Yes, a switch box. A switch box. Oh yes . .. I've got a Keene "B-Tech" Scart video control BT21 III S.VHS. Hi-8 & RGB compatible. It's got 4 scart females with an option of connection/switching between A-B A-C & RGB OR TV and TV x 3 PHONOS. So, you see I'm well banjaxed!

Am I connecting up the wrong SCARTS? Well . .. . yes and no .. I've got an IN/OUT gold SCART. .. . I think I need to send you a drawing . .. With this IN/OUT SCART I'm getting something.

So Ed yer wanna play? I'm game !

. .. and thank you for responding. It was only someone from the UK that was gonna do it! I'm 2 mile from the New Wembley Stadium so I could also phone you and get the actual story on this "Bowl 'o Spaghetti" down the phone line to you.

Ken: Thanks for keeping an eye out for me. I aint the easiest of blokes to accommodate - I'm an awkward so-and-so at the best of times. But dealing with this video "plumbing" has left me bereft of my normal natural good nature and downright fluffy countenance.

But at least Edward T. understands me . .. . HAH . . . !

Grazie