DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Grass Valley / Canopus NLE (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/grass-valley-canopus-nle/)
-   -   Loop playback in Edius? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/grass-valley-canopus-nle/475389-loop-playback-edius.html)

Gerald Webb March 23rd, 2010 12:51 AM

Loop playback in Edius?

I know this will prob get me at least a couple of "Read the manual" retorts......
but just trying to get going fast.
How do you make a simple Loop region in Edius?
ive set ins and outs and it just plays straight through, there must be something im missing.

Im trying my first project in Edius (yey me! jumping out of the Vegas comfort zone) Im already scared, lol.

Anton Strauss March 23rd, 2010 02:09 AM

are you clicking the loop playback button almost next to the playback button

Gerald Webb March 23rd, 2010 02:30 AM

your the man Anton, thanks a heap. :)

Gerald Webb March 23rd, 2010 12:43 PM

simple crossfade on a multicam anyone?
Is it done with transitions or is there a quick way to apply lots of crossfades to the multicam cuts?

Anton Strauss March 23rd, 2010 04:48 PM

you can apply crossfades to the whole timeline in one hit after you collapsed the multicam to single track (part of the multicam menu structure)

select all clips on the single track with Ctrl+A and drop a dissolve anywhere and all clips will have a dissolve

Rusty Rogers March 23rd, 2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald Webb (Post 1503964)
I know this will prob get me at least a couple of "Read the manual" retorts......
but just trying to get going fast.
How do you make a simple Loop region in Edius?
ive set ins and outs and it just plays straight through, there must be something im missing.

Im trying my first project in Edius (yey me! jumping out of the Vegas comfort zone) Im already scared, lol.

Mark In/Out and use Ctrl+Spacebar to loop.
Be afraid! :~)

Gerald Webb March 23rd, 2010 11:31 PM

thanks heaps guys, much appreciated.
Maybe one of you can answer this too...
Edius crashed my whole PC twice this morn! Im not giving up yet though.
I was multi cam ing 5 x 1080p cameras that were captured in Vegas as 50mbps MXF files,
Will it go better with the Canopus HQ codec? well i hope so, so I batch converted the MXF's to Canopus HQ, but how do I replace the files already on the timeline. In Vegas you can right click in the media bin and hit Replace, and you choose another file and it replaces every instance of it in the project.
Surely my new best mate Edius can do the same somehow?
Thanx in advance :)

Anton Strauss March 24th, 2010 08:23 PM

select the replacement HQ clip and copy

select clip on timeline and right click, replace, or press alt+R or ctrl+R depending on your keyboard shortcut setup

Ervin Farkas April 1st, 2010 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald Webb (Post 1504469)
Edius crashed my whole PC twice this morn! Im not giving up yet though.

Wow, you must be a genius! I never managed to do that in 4 years!

Gerald Webb April 1st, 2010 05:49 AM

Yeah, thanks.
It seems it doesnt like the Sony MXF files, changed them to Canopus HQ and all was good.

Gerald Webb May 4th, 2010 09:29 PM

Back on the horse and struggling on,,,,,,
Is there a way to apply an fx (colour correction) to a whole clip? Not just the instance you are working on.
In Vegas I just right click the media in the bin window and you can apply fx to the media no matter how many times it has been cut on the timeline.
Im sure its there, I just cant find it :(

Khoi Pham May 4th, 2010 10:02 PM

Draw a marque around all the clips that you want the fx or highligths all the clips and drag your fx to it.

Hameed Aabid May 4th, 2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Back on the horse and struggling on,,,,,,
Is there a way to apply an fx (colour correction) to a whole clip? Not just the instance you are working on.
In Vegas I just right click the media in the bin window and you can apply fx to the media no matter how many times it has been cut on the timeline.
Im sure its there, I just cant find it :(
This is very handy. I am doing my first multi cam and would like this feature, but doubt there is one. I haven\'t tried to do it on a clip in the \'Bin\', but doubt it.

Quote:

Draw a marque around all the clips that you want the fx or highligths all the clips and drag your fx to it.
I think this is exactly what he is trying to avoid.

Gerald Webb May 4th, 2010 11:15 PM

thanx for the input guys
So, let me ask this then,
I sync my clips,
then delete all the audios apart from the one that im using, yeah?
cut my multicam, yeah?
now, do I go, Mode- Compress to single track, and if so, do I want Video, being just the multi cams?
or, Video/ Audio because I want my one audio track as well?
Then do I apply crossfades, because you cant do them easily b4 its in one track?
Now surely I dont have to control click or marquee the clips I want to colour correct in one go?
30min of live footage, a cut every sec= 1800 clicks ! NOOOOOO. lol
OR,
are you meant to colour correct b4 you ever cut a clip?
There must be a way to apply fx to your source media, has to be.

Hameed Aabid May 5th, 2010 01:24 AM

Quote:

There must be a way to apply fx to your source media, has to be

Open a new sequence, drop your media and color correct it, export it, then rename your original media in explorer, Edius will complain about missing media, and will ask you to locate it, tnen you can point to the newly Rendered file.

Easy enough?