DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Grass Valley / Canopus NLE (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/grass-valley-canopus-nle/)
-   -   Does anyone use Edius on a Mac using Bootcamp? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/grass-valley-canopus-nle/476347-does-anyone-use-edius-mac-using-bootcamp.html)

Marc S. Brown April 6th, 2010 07:58 PM

Does anyone use Edius on a Mac using Bootcamp?

Just wondering... I know I can run windows (and hence, Edius) on my Mac, just curious of the performance...

John Richard April 7th, 2010 06:59 AM

Works great! Very responsive. I am still on Edius ver 4.6 though

Cuong Dinh April 7th, 2010 08:19 AM

Yes, I do. Works great! Don't have any trouble with Edius ver 5.12

Marc S. Brown April 7th, 2010 08:56 PM

What kind of specs do you have in your mac?

I.E. - Ram, processor, etc... Thanks! I have a 2.66 intel core 2 duo. I can drop in 4 gigs of ram (only have 2 now).

My main concern is my beloved mac suffering with pc problems and such...

Ron Evans April 7th, 2010 09:10 PM

Most people with PC's don't have problems. Problems occur if incompatible hardware and drivers are installed( something that isn't possible on a MAC), or viruses etc appear because people are not diligent in keeping the antivirus software up to date. The flexibility of a PC presents the possibility for conflict. Stick to a configured machine and use a restricted set a applications and nothing will be different to a MAC. Since most MAC's are now PC's running Apple software they will run Windows just fine too giving the opportunity to choose software from either platform. I might even consider myself if I wasn't totally happy with the Windows software I have now.
By the way I have 4 PC's only one of which is allowed to get email and surf the net with heavy virus protection etc. Neither it or any of the others gives me any "Windows" problems. I have had power supplies fail after several years, CPU fans get noisy and be replaced etc. Seems like the same failures my MAC friends have!!!!!

Ron Evans

Chris P. Jones April 18th, 2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuong Dinh (Post 1511044)
Yes, I do. Works great! Don't have any trouble with Edius ver 5.12

Hey Dinh,

I'm considering buying Edius and running it thru Bootcamp to do Same-Day-Edits with the 7D.

Have you attempted to put 5D/7D files directly on the timeline without transcoding, and does it play back smoothly? Do you think it can be used on a fast Macbook Pro to project Same Day Edits without any transcoding or rendering?

Thanks!
jones

Cuong Dinh April 19th, 2010 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris P. Jones (Post 1515922)
Hey Dinh,

I'm considering buying Edius and running it thru Bootcamp to do Same-Day-Edits with the 7D.

Have you attempted to put 5D/7D files directly on the timeline without transcoding, and does it play back smoothly? Do you think it can be used on a fast Macbook Pro to project Same Day Edits without any transcoding or rendering?

Thanks!
jones

For now, 5D/7D files are very choppy with Edius 5.5 (the last version support AVCHD real time) a both Bootcam or PC.

My best solution is to use ProCoder 3 to converts them to Canopus HQ full HD 1080p or 720P depend what you like. It works extremely well with Edius and its better than the 'Batch Convert' feature in Edius.

Hope this help.