couple newbie questions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
All flavors of Edius; other Grass Valley / Canopus software & hardware.

Old April 16th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #1
Inner Circle

couple newbie questions

Good afternoon,

while I am somewhat proficient in other programs I have a few basic questions. Yes, I went througth the manual but my goodness, what a time killer until I gave up and just went bashing around!!!

1. Once I put a transition in it shows a lock and I can not delete it, none of the obvious for me helps, obviously its something easy.

I want to render to MP4 where is the render as ?????

If I want to author in DVD Archetect are the renders in the same location?

Lastly, I use vegas for lots of stuff, what would you render to in edius so the canopus codec can be read in Vegas and maintain quality?

When I buy this in a week or so is it worth it getting it with HD spark?

I do 98 % HDV to Blu Ray.

Thank you ever so much for taking the time.

dale
I definite
Old April 16th, 2010, 06:34 PM   #2
Inner Circle

You will find many ways of doing things in Edius and everyone has their own of favorite way of doing things. To remove a transition( it will appear in the mixing track, click on the second arrow down in the track header, first arrow is the audio waveform), left click on the transition, then right click and select delete.
To render out of Edius look to the bottom right of the preview monitor, hover your mouse over the last icon and it will then say export. Click and the export option will appear. Select print to file and all the options will be revealed.
Personally I render out of Edius in Canopus HQ fine. HQ is a 32 bit codec so you must use a 32bit version of Vegas and then it will work just fine. I use Vegas for final audio, set and name markers and export to the Bluray preset in Vegas. This gives a good file for DVD Architect that will not do any re-encoding and contains marker information for chapter setting. You will also need an AC3 or WAV file for Architect too. You can of course make Bluray and DVD's directly from Edius too.
If you want to monitor a full resolution output to a HDMI monitor then HD SPark is very useful and I think is a good deal when bought with the software.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE