Edius 5 Blu-ray H.264 export capped at ~22Mbps? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE

Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
All flavors of Edius; other Grass Valley / Canopus software & hardware.

Old September 26th, 2010, 08:48 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Edius 5 Blu-ray H.264 export capped at ~22Mbps?

I'm playing with the Trial version of Edius 5 and wondering if this is some odd limitation of the Trial version or whether I'm simply doing something wrong...

When I do Print -> Print to File, choose H.264/AVC, then Blu-ray, the bitrate field is capped at 21400000. What's with that? I ought to be able to stick 40M in here (or perhaps 39M to be safe), but, strangely, such high bitrates are only available when using a non-Blu-ray-compatible MP4 wrapper, even though the profile is "High" in both cases.

Thoughts? 'Twould be a terrible thing not to be able to create a proper super-bit Blu-ray burn. :-)

Best,
Aaron

FWIW: I'm evaluating Edius 5 as a replacement for Premiere CS4 and am finding the format support and speed remarkable!

Last edited by Aaron Holmes; September 26th, 2010 at 08:49 PM. Reason: typo
Aaron Holmes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE