Edius encode problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE

Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
All flavors of Edius; other Grass Valley / Canopus software & hardware.

Old June 10th, 2014, 07:05 AM   #1
Major Player

Edius encode problem

Hi I have an encode problem on Edius 6. I am trying to encode an Mp4 file from the timeline for playback on a USB memory stick through my TV.
Problem 1. When I encode from the timeline, everything seems to be going along as it should, but when the encode finishes I get an unexpected error message, and no file.
My solution was to make a Canopus HQ file, and encode this to Mp4 with Premiere pro 6. This all works out fine, except that there are jaggies all over any motion, particularly noticable on scrolling titles. The file plays back fine on PC, Laptop and through a media player to the TV. The original footage is from a Panasonic tm900. Shot in HA mode. This flags up as 25 fps, but I take it is in a 50i wrapper, as the field order is top field first. Can anyone point me in the right direction, as to encoding this, or am I missing something in the project settings.
Thanks
Old June 10th, 2014, 07:17 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Edius encode problem

Colin, I would go post this question at the Edius forum. You will get more specific answers.
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2014, 07:32 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for that Tim
Old June 10th, 2014, 08:23 AM   #4
Inner Circle

My guess is there is something wrong with the source file. This is usually the cause for Edius instability.

You could try to render (shift +Q) the clip before encoding and see if that helps.
Tim Polster is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE