DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Grass Valley / Canopus NLE (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/grass-valley-canopus-nle/)
-   -   Edius nutty problem! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/grass-valley-canopus-nle/535125-edius-nutty-problem.html)

Dan Gunn December 23rd, 2017 12:28 PM

Edius nutty problem!

I have been using Edius 8.5 very successfully until yesterday. The bin window only opens with an Edius restart. When it opens, the bin window is very small and when I try to enlarge it....it disappears and I must go through the cycle again. Even when I can see the small bin, most on the icons on the task bar are grayed out including the "Add clip" icon.

Nobody seems to have a solution. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron Evans December 23rd, 2017 03:57 PM

Re: Edius nutty problem!

Have you tried resetting your desktop layout to standard. View>Window Layout> Normal Then see what that does. You can then reset the layout as you want if that works and save under a new name for the layout you want.

Dan Gunn December 24th, 2017 11:51 AM

Yup! I even tried freaky layouts and nothing worked. I really don't want to go through a reinstall and registration but not even the guys on the Grass Valley forums have suggested anything that works!

If you happen to have some buddies that work with Edius 8, maybe one of them has seen this problem (Bug in Edius 8.53?) before.

Thanks for your interest. I only have one buddy that works with Edius 8 and I hesitate to call him every time I have a question.

Do you know anyone that likes to talk Edius too much (like me) ?

JoJo Gunn.....info@GunnsPhotoVideo.com.....770-978-FOTO (3686)

Ron Evans December 24th, 2017 01:19 PM

What do you have selected under the view menu ? Try turning bin on and off ? etc. I am on 8.5 and have seen no problems. Have you changed anything recently ?

Noa Put December 24th, 2017 03:41 PM

I also have not experienced any weird issues with 8.53, could you show what is happening by filming your pcscreen or by using capture software?

Dan Gunn December 25th, 2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Evans (Post 1939763)
What do you have selected under the view menu ? Try turning bin on and off ? etc. I am on 8.5 and have seen no problems. Have you changed anything recently ?

No changes. Tried turning the bin on and off....lots of times....with Edius restarts and computer reboots.

Dan Gunn December 25th, 2017 02:25 PM

Just now, I must have placed a strain on the stinking glitch. It caved in and went away but most of the icons on the bin taskbar are still grayed out. I really miss the Add Clip function.

I don't have a clue why the bin came back!!!

Ron Evans December 25th, 2017 05:02 PM

You can just right click in a bin and select add clip which is the way I do it anyway. I assume this is all happening in a particular project. If you start a new project is it the same ?

Dan Gunn December 26th, 2017 10:04 AM

Very good question! I will try it.

Dan Gunn December 27th, 2017 10:02 AM

Old projects and new projects still grayed out.

I give up. Going to do a fresh install....CRAP!