Converting DV to HD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE

Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
All flavors of Edius; other Grass Valley / Canopus software & hardware.

Old March 24th, 2007, 10:03 PM   #1
Major Player

Converting DV to HD

I would like to convert archival DV to HD in order to mix it with 720p HD from an HVX-200, using Edius Broadcast as the NLE and outputting the final product to a P2 card. Does anyone have a suggestion for the best way to do this conversion ?
Mark Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2007, 07:11 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Edius will do the upconversion. With the clip on the timeline rt click it and open the layout tool. In there you can make it any size and it has a "fit" preset which will upconvert to project size. I will cation you that no matter the tool, SD mixed in with HD sticks out.
Randy Donato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 01:50 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for the reply, Randy. I thought that Edius might be able to do it, but I'm a new user and have barely scratched the surface of the program. I may yet look for another way to better upscale the DV - one person suggested a program called Resizer 2.0, and perhaps the Teranex mini might do the job, albeit at a much higher price. I'm going to the NAB expo in April and will look into what is available. Thanks again.
Mark Donnell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE