Ripple audio tracks? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE

Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
All flavors of Edius; other Grass Valley / Canopus software & hardware.

Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:51 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Ripple audio tracks?

Is there a way of having an added audio piece, on an "audio Track" ripple down the track with the other VA tracks, tried everthing that I could think of, this is necessary when adding a clip on a VA track preceeding the added audio piece, Gary
Gary J. Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 04:29 PM   #2
Jolly Mon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J. Walker View Post
Is there a way of having an added audio piece, on an "audio Track" ripple down the track with the other VA tracks, tried everthing that I could think of, this is necessary when adding a clip on a VA track preceeding the added audio piece, Gary

Do you have ripple mode on? ;)
Old April 23rd, 2007, 06:08 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Downey View Post
Do you have ripple mode on? ;)
Mike, wouldn't that be Sync Mode?
Roy Colquitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 07:55 PM   #4
Jolly Mon

nope... in 4.o and higher there is a button next to the mode button that is called ripple. :)

Now if you are not on 4.0 or higher please make sure that under the mode button that sync is selected.

Mike
Old April 23rd, 2007, 07:56 PM   #5
Jolly Mon

Hi Roy... Great to see ya! :)

Mike
Old April 23rd, 2007, 08:25 PM   #6
Regular Crew

You are correct sir,, I always have ripple on but accidentally switched it off, thats another pizza for you, but their's a catch...one more question, I'm able to make a SD DVD in roxio, BUT I must have some setting wrong in Edius, Problem is the image scene on the DVD (Played on a 42" 1080P Samsung LCD) is like a 16x9 pic in pic taking up about 80% of the screen, black sides and top and bottom, proper size but not full screen...? I'm using speed encoder, the clip properties is 1440 x1080. 1,3333 (16x9) aspect ratio, under speed encoder I don't think their is a size option..PS output device settings NHX-E160Hz, output format, HDV 1080/29.97p over 59.94i....(this is my last stumbling block hope you can help. Gary..Thanks for everything Mike.
Gary J. Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 09:12 PM   #7
Jolly Mon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J. Walker View Post
You are correct sir,, I always have ripple on but accidentally switched it off, thats another pizza for you, but their's a catch...one more question, I'm able to make a SD DVD in roxio, BUT I must have some setting wrong in Edius, Problem is the image scene on the DVD (Played on a 42" 1080P Samsung LCD) is like a 16x9 pic in pic taking up about 80% of the screen, black sides and top and bottom, proper size but not full screen...? I'm using speed encoder, the clip properties is 1440 x1080. 1,3333 (16x9) aspect ratio, under speed encoder I don't think their is a size option..PS output device settings NHX-E160Hz, output format, HDV 1080/29.97p over 59.94i....(this is my last stumbling block hope you can help. Gary..Thanks for everything Mike.
Check the Aspect ratio settings on the set. Try different settings and see if that fixes it.

Mike

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE