Hello from Kessler CraneŽ - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Your direct line to authorized DVi software and equipment vendors.

Old July 15th, 2008, 01:04 PM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Beller View Post
Wow Chris, thanks for the detailed post! I'm not going to make any promises, but we will definitely discuss this and see if something is feasible, down the road.
I would echo the same comments. Any 180 panning by the camera head is likely to go beyond the realm of a necessary shot and into the realm of special effects. I've looked at all sorts of jibs for what I hope to be my eventual use in real estate & seminar shooting, but none of the other jibs provide a way to tilt with out electrical controls which means lots of money. The biggest reason I'm waiting for the funds for a Kessler and not going lower prices is because tilt is possible. Adding even a small degree of manually controlled pan would be a great combination & selling point.

I look forward to see what is possible!
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2008, 04:42 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Hi Chris,

We are planning to shoot something on a Red One camera, but trying to avoid as much accessory costs as possible. How would you compare the fluid movements of the Hercules 2.0 (when mounted with a camera) to some other popular tripod heads? Any disadvantages to using the Hercules as a camera head? We are trying to keep the rig as lightweight as possible - probably about 15-17 lbs.

Thanks,
Eric Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2008, 05:48 PM   #18
Sponsor: Kessler Crane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Gan View Post
Hi Chris,

We are planning to shoot something on a Red One camera, but trying to avoid as much accessory costs as possible. How would you compare the fluid movements of the Hercules 2.0 (when mounted with a camera) to some other popular tripod heads? Any disadvantages to using the Hercules as a camera head? We are trying to keep the rig as lightweight as possible - probably about 15-17 lbs.

Thanks,
Hi Eric -

Hopefully some of our customers see this thread and provide feedback, so you can get a input from a customer's perspective.

We feel that the Hercules 2.0 provides just as smooth of movement as the other popular tripod heads. It may not look as fancy or have all the bells and whistles as the other tripod head, but we made sure the functionality of the head is there.

Remember, the head is designed to support and function smoothly with the weight of a crane rig, so supporting the Red One rig should be no problem at all.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Feel free to drop me an e-mail or give Eric a call at the shop, if you would like.

Thanks

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors