DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/great-deals-dv-info-net-sponsors/)
-   -   Schneider Announces 43mm Wide Angle Attachments (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/great-deals-dv-info-net-sponsors/127178-schneider-announces-43mm-wide-angle-attachments.html)

Ryan Avery August 1st, 2008 05:28 PM

Schneider Announces 43mm Wide Angle Attachments

To All,

The folks here at Schneider Optics have now announced a 43mm series of attachments for your small HDV camcorders. These also ship with a 43mm-37mm step ring so you can use them on your HDV 37mm cameras as well. The new .5x Wide Angle Adapter is shipping now. Other attachments to follow soon.

Check out the link below for more info:

http://www.schneideroptics.com/century/dv/hv30/hv30.htm

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics

Christo Aaron August 5th, 2008 12:26 PM

Thank You Chris Hurd!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Avery (Post 915368)
To All,

The folks here at Schneider Optics have now announced a 43mm series of attachments for your small HDV camcorders. These also ship with a 43mm-37mm step ring so you can use them on your HDV 37mm cameras as well. The new .5x Wide Angle Adapter is shipping now. Other attachments to follow soon.

http://www.schneideroptics.com/century/dv/hv30/hv30.htm

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics

Hello Chris,
I just wanted to say, I do appreciate your sponsor's posting, "Schneider Optics" on your forum board:)
I had been unable to find either the recommended Canon, or the Raynox Wide angle 43 mm lenses, at any of the listed board sponsors sites. All the recommended WD lenses are backordered! There are many bait-and-switch non-sponsored sites out there, so beware. What was really helpful to me, in this particular transaction, and I'm sure it will be likewise for others, (for me a 4 day till trip window order), is that I can trust you as the administrator, and your supporting of and having direct background knowledge of the forum sponsors, is appreciated. I usually have to spend plenty of time, investigating the lens mfg. on my own, but I didn't have that time luxury on this order. So, in this case "Century" is so far, a worthy glass. It may seem trivial for some, only just (2)WD angle lenses and (2) UV filters. But, a purchase of "poor quality" glass would mean "blown" shots, and an extremely hard lesson learned, as well as an expensive one sadly. I'll be taking the gear up into the Colorado Rocky Mountains Sunday, to "test shoot" as STEREO filmmaking, using two parallel Canon HV-30 cams. I also purchased a lot of the gear from B&H Supplies too, and I can say that both board sponsors provided excellent sales, and customer service care. I would recommend both for future equipment purchases.
Cheers,
Christo

Jeff Anselmo August 6th, 2008 07:24 PM

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for that link. I'm interested in a wide angle for our newly bought HV30, and currently considering the Canon WD-H43, and the Raynox HD6600(?).

I checked out the link for the .5x wide (0HD-05WA-43), and under the sample tab it shows two sample pics, one with "camera alone" and one with "camera with 0HD-05WA-43". But the pic with the 0HD-05WA-43 seems to be zoomed in? Mayhap you switched photos by mistake?

Best,

Zack Birlew August 8th, 2008 03:23 PM

That either of Schneider's wide angle attachment has front filter threads is incredible enough. Add a stepping ring to 72mm and you've got a standard filter thread to go by for future cameras' use.

Ryan Avery August 21st, 2008 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Anselmo (Post 917424)
Hi Ryan,

Thanks for that link. I'm interested in a wide angle for our newly bought HV30, and currently considering the Canon WD-H43, and the Raynox HD6600(?).

I checked out the link for the .5x wide (0HD-05WA-43), and under the sample tab it shows two sample pics, one with "camera alone" and one with "camera with 0HD-05WA-43". But the pic with the 0HD-05WA-43 seems to be zoomed in? Mayhap you switched photos by mistake?

Best,

I pulled the camera all the way back. I checked for macro settings affecting zoom. I even rechecked it today. Now I can see how narrow the field of view on the HV20 and HV30 really is. No wonder people have been bugging us for wde angle adapters for this for sometime.

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics

Hubert Duijzer September 3rd, 2008 05:25 AM

Ryan,

What's the easiest and cheapest way for me to get an 0.5WA for the HV20? Any change i can buy it directly from the guy's at the Schneider stand on the IBC in Amsterdam next week?

Ryan Avery September 5th, 2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hubert Duijzer (Post 928602)
Ryan,

What's the easiest and cheapest way for me to get an 0.5WA for the HV20? Any change i can buy it directly from the guy's at the Schneider stand on the IBC in Amsterdam next week?

As far as I am aware, we do not sell directly to end users at IBC. We certainly do not do this at NAB or other USA national shows. We support our dealers. You will likely be able to get the best price through one of our distributors in Europe or from a dvinfo sponsor such as Abel Cine Tech or B&H. I know that one of them has them in-stock so that may be your best bet.

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics

Ryan Avery September 5th, 2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Avery (Post 915368)
To All,

Canon HV30/HV20 Attachments - Schneider Optics

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics

Update:

The .65x for 43mm is very close to market as well as the .3x. I must say that I am truly impressed with the .65x. It is significantly smaller and lighter than the .7x from Canon. Also the .3x tests really well. I expect these attachments to be even more popular than our now famous .3x for 37mm "baby death lens".

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics

Hubert Duijzer September 5th, 2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Avery (Post 929696)
You will likely be able to get the best price through one of our distributors in Europe or from a dvinfo sponsor such as Abel Cine Tech or B&H. I know that one of them has them in-stock so that may be your best bet.

The problem with buying in the USA is that i have to pay a lot for shipping and taxes. It will become a real expensive piece of glass in that way.

Ryan Avery September 9th, 2008 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hubert Duijzer (Post 929820)
The problem with buying in the USA is that i have to pay a lot for shipping and taxes. It will become a real expensive piece of glass in that way.

Agreed. I would search our site for one of our European Distributors.

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics

Peter Moretti September 24th, 2008 04:06 AM

Holy ^@%!, it's a thing of BEAUTY!

I just got the HD05WA43. You cannot zoom all the way through, but I'm not going to keep it on the camera all the time, only when I need to go very wide, so that's more than fine w/ me.

The image is CRAZY BEAUTIFUL w/ minimal barrel distortion. The fit and finish are unreal.

WTG!!

Ryan Avery September 29th, 2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Moretti (Post 942257)
Holy ^@%!, it's a thing of BEAUTY!

I just got the HD05WA43. You cannot zoom all the way through, but I'm not going to keep it on the camera all the time, only when I need to go very wide, so that's more than fine w/ me.

The image is CRAZY BEAUTIFUL w/ minimal barrel distortion. The fit and finish are unreal.

WTG!!

Thanks for the positive feedback. We are also now shipping our .65x zoom-through converter and our .3x fisheye.

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics

Peter Moretti September 29th, 2008 08:34 PM

Ryan,

I should have said under some circumstances the barrel distortion is minimal. I'm finding a fair amout with some compositions. But with the amount of coverage the lens adds, I guess that's to be expected.

Century does make beautiful products.

Bill Koehler October 1st, 2008 09:19 PM

So by using the 37mm step ring this should work on a Sony HDR-HC9?
With the partial zoom restriction I assume?

Peter Moretti October 2nd, 2008 01:42 PM

Mine had a 37mm to 43mm stepup ring in the box. Like I said, the image is beautiful, but in some instances you will see barrel distortion.

There is also a moderate gap between how zoomed in you can get with the adapter on and how wide the HV-20 can get without the adapter. I imagine this will be the case with any camera.