Zotz Digital does it again! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors

Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Your direct line to authorized DVi software and equipment vendors.

Old January 16th, 2003, 12:00 AM   #16
Major Player

Thanks for the luck, Nick.

Have been working on the script. First on ever for me! I just sit there, think of the dialogue, think of the "action" and think how I would like the camera to "see" the action. Don't know if I'm on target with how the "Pro's" write their scripts. Although I'm working on being detailed with the script, I'm also keeping it simple (basically due to limited equipment. . . one camera, no special lighting, lavalier mikes, etc).

I'm just loving this process. It will be interesting to see how this "script" translates to actual acting by the performers and shooting (by me). My only real concern is the April 1st deadline. Don't think it's going to be done by then because of certain scheduling problems (everyone's nightmare, I'm sure). We'll just see. . . .

Glad to know that there's another nurse here working towards some kind of video production. My long term goal is to do training films for healthcare professionals. . . PICC insertion, "How to work this Pump"; how about "Foley Catheter Insertion - Male"!?! We already have a script for that! :)

Good luck with your video production goals! Figuring out what to buy was half the fun! I would be interested to read what you decide to purchase for yourself.

For me, this really has been a 2 decade old dream that now is slowly being realized. I wish the same to you.

F.Y.I., I go by Ted which is my nickname; Edward is my legal name. I'm called many things. You should hear the names my wife calls me! :)

Cheers!

Ted
Old March 12th, 2003, 07:37 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Re: zotz digital specials for DVI members

I'm looking to pick up a JVC Br-dv6000u deck. what could you do on this?

<<<-- Originally posted by Brian Longley : hello folks; Chris has urged me to get my message out there to the DVI community, and I thought that I would add some special pricing for members.
zotz digital specializes in field packages for videographers, and editing systems, so you let us know when and how we can help. Oregon has no sales tax, so all products are tax free.

LIBEC THM20 video tripods; $195 with delivery included in the 48 states(and ground credit to those outside those boundaries-this is the smallest floating ball level/fluid head tripod that I am aware of, ideal for the smaller DV camcorders
SENNHEISER; Evolution 100 ENG series wireless(mini plug output for camcorders; $490 each, delivery by UPS ground included; lavalier, transmitter, receiver, and plug in transmitter, 1280 channels of UHF
SENNHEISER; ME66/K6 shotgun mic combos; $375, delivery included via UPS ground
CAMKOTE; currently being made for the GL1, GL2, XL1/XL1s Custom XL1, VX2000, PD150, and soon to have one for the AG-DVX100 (January 2003)
Camkote keeps your camera warm and dry in the field; $120, delivery included in North America
XLRPRO Audio Adapter; $140, delivery included via UPS ground in North America, or ground credit applied to delivery outside ground boundaries

these are some of the most popular items, we will be adding quite a few to the threads, and contact us directly about any other items that you are interested in.
keep shooting, it just might be your video they want! -->>>
M. Raine Lillibridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2003, 08:25 PM   #18
Major Player

Great deals Brian. Thanks for the info.

Rob:D
Robert Poulton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2003, 09:56 PM   #19
New Boot

Keith Loh

Keith,

Can you provide more info about Clipstream?

My son and I work on and for http://insidecarolina.com.

We like our video big, clear, and clean. Windows Media Player 9 fits that bill for us. On average, we do 20 to 40 clips per month.

We'd look for Clipstream to do the same for us.

Here is a taste of what we do:

http://insidecarolina.org/commits/03...si/cangtd3.wmv

http://insidecarolina.org/commits/03...si/cangtd4.wmv

http://perrone.us/clemson/icmeetsreid.wmv - that's my son Trey taking the hit on the sidelines, but give him credit, he never drops the camera!

http://insidecarolina.org/commits/03/kedra/kedtack1.wmv

http://insidecarolina.org/archive02/... a 16:9 format

You can e-mail me at tomperrone@insidecarolina.com or use the board here. I look forward to hearing from you.
Tom Perrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2003, 11:11 AM   #20
Major Player

Just want to say thanks to Brian for the post and the deals. I just ordered the Evo 100 wireless system and Tom was really helpful over the phone. Thanks.

Ben Lynn
Ben Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2003, 09:22 AM   #21
New Boot

Zotz Rocks!!

I would just like to recommend Zotz to anyone who is ready to make a purchase. I just purchased my GL2 on Monday and I have it in my hands on Thurs. A day eariler than I expected. Their service is top notch and responded to everyone of my emails sometimes within minutes. Thanks to Brian and everyone at Zotz.
Now time to play with my new GL2!
John Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2003, 09:53 AM   #22
Regular Crew

I recently purchased several items from Zotz digital and would have to add they are really nice people to deal with. Very personable in addition to their good prices and fast service.
Jim Quinlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2003, 09:57 AM   #23
Regular Crew

I bought my GL2 from Zotz and everyone there was great. In the past I have been leery about buying over the internet but now I would do it again and probably will pick up things from them from time to time.
Sandy
Alexander McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2003, 09:51 PM   #24
New Boot

Zotz absolutely rocks! They offer QUALITY service for outstanding prices. The people are VERY friendly. I also bought my GL2 there for a great price. Brian is a great guy and tells me about their good deals as well as a tip/warning on time about tapes that I did not know about! I recently bought FCP 4 from them. I reccomend them. Top Notch. Thanks Chris for introducing me to Zotz and all your wonderful sponsors!!

Take Care,

Phong
Colossians 3:23-24
---
www.phonghuynh.com

Phong Huynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2003, 10:58 AM   #25
Major Player

Props for Zotz!

Ordered a Libec Ls-35 tripod from them and got it in time with great service from Brian!

These guys are A+!
Nick Medrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2003, 05:17 PM   #26
Major Player

umm Huzzah means pig :-/

Zac
Zac Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2003, 11:19 PM   #27
Regular Crew

huz·zah also huz·za ( P ) Pronunciation Key (h-zä)
interj.
Used to express joy, encouragement, or triumph.

n.
A shout of “huzzah.”
A cheer.

(dictionary.com) i know...im bored :)
Dan Lahav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2003, 11:31 PM   #28
Major Player

heh heh

it is a yiddish word, that means pig... i don't know but if you said that around here everyone would look at you funny.

Ohh well

how things change.

Zac

ps. i did some checking... apparently the term got coined because the cricket teams when they got a wicket would scream "hows that!" and it kept getting abreviated...

Zac Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2003, 01:47 AM   #29
Obstreperous Rex

Funny how words can have different meanings on opposite sides of the planet... "huzzah" in the northeastern United States is a manly, hearty cheer. The equivalent in Texas would be the "rebel yell."

Let's not start on the extremely opposite definitions between the USA and the UK for "fanny." Let's get back on topic now, please!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2003, 01:28 PM   #30
Regular Crew

actually pig in yiddish is Chazzer (http://www.ariga.com/yiddish.shtml)
Dan Lahav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors