Zotz Digital does it again! - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Your direct line to authorized DVi software and equipment vendors.

Old August 24th, 2004, 07:25 AM   #46

I've been working with Zotz on ordering an XL2 body kit. They've been VERY responsive and helpful.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2004, 05:33 PM   #47
Sponsor: Zotz Digital

XL2's are in stock

Greetings to all of you in DVLand. I have been getting calls from folks about the XL2, most of whom are telling me that no one has them in stock. I do, and we are shipping daily. And sadly, the scams are all ready at work, attemtping to defraud the public.

Please contact me via email or phone, and I will be happy to help. As my clients know, if you email me with your shooting situations, I will be able to send a reply with a list for your consideration: info@zotzdigital.com and 888-577-9689.

For those of you that have been waiting for an easy (and relatively inexpensive) way of enhancing your DV footage to SDI, the Datavideo DAC5 converter is now shipping-we have an Apple/Final Cut solution for this on our site at:
http://www.zotzdigital.com/item.php?pid=179&cid=69

Thanks to you all, brian

zotz digital
Brian Longley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2004, 08:51 PM   #48
Major Player

Bad thing to be hearing about scams so early, but when you think about it, now is the best time to try and defraud people with a hot product like the XL2.

Can't go wrong with one of the DVi sponsors, but perhaps we should keep track of the known scammers, and compile a list of them?
Old September 9th, 2004, 09:54 PM   #49
Sponsor: Zotz Digital

Someone from DVI informed me today that a non dealer is all ready claiming to have them. This is not a new scam, they have one that they bought from a legit dealer, then take numerous deposits for the product at a discount price, and see you later. I have heard so many tales of woe from the folks that have dealt with scams over the years that someone out there should create a list. I am not volunteering for this, it would be a legal nightmare for me. It is far easier to start your search with the manufacturer, and here at DVI.
Best advice, use the dealer locator at Canon, get a quote in writing when you know you have a real dealer on the line, and ask questions that are important to you, and expect the answers. If the dealer isn't listed on Canon's site, would any amount of talk from this seller actually convince you that they are on the level? it is really simple, expect to get what you pay for, you will never lose out.
remember that the online rating systems operated by sites means the seller pays to get a good rating, plain and simple. These sites are not in it to be nice. Even the ones that claim this isn't the case, may not be telling you the truth, this is what your investigation will prove. You find that a company that one site calls a scam, has a nice rating from another.
'tis a jungle out there, don't step in it.
Brian Longley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2004, 12:30 AM   #50
Obstreperous Rex

Yup, and ultimately around this place you really don't need a "bad dealer" list. Just shop from our sponsors such as Brian here, and you're all set.

We've already done the legwork for you.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2004, 01:22 PM   #51
Trustee

Supporting Zotz Digital

I have been purchasing equipment from B&H Photo since 1985, almost always with good results. If you need it, they have it, and for a great price. They are the only NY mail order house I would ever do business with. And a visit to the store is a lot of fun.

In the last year I tried Zotz Digital for some of my gear and tape stock solely because of their sponsorship of this community. I have been incredibly impressed. I have heard many vendors complain about competing with a giant like B&H, they had me convinced it was impossible for them to do it.

I don’t know how Brian and his staff do it, but the prices are competitive and they offer great customer service. On a recent order, they did not stock every item I wanted, Brian let me know what he could or coud'nt do, so I ordered everything I could from Zotz and went to B&H for the rest. I will continue to go to them first for several reasons. One of those reasons is because I am a small business operator with loyal clients that support me. I like doing business with other small businesses that seem to appreciate my business (I should say, I don’t know Brian or how many employees he has, small?). My hat is off to Brian for competing with the big guys and doing it well. There is a lot to be said for personalized customer service in my book.

Steve
Old November 30th, 2004, 10:57 AM   #52
Major Player

Here's my vote for Zotz. Brian, who was fighting the flu, gave me lots of feedback on which miniDV VTRs to avoid (I opted for FireStore's FS-4, as I have no legacy tapes in my workflow).

Brian and Tom were alacritous in selling me an XL2 body kit, which shipped without drama.

Most important---& here's where Chris Hurd's jealous protection of his sponsors pays off---I felt comfortable authorizing a near-$4,000 charge to utter strangers, because they're under the scrutiny of this little community.

Kind of like Ebay, but without the Fiesta Ware ...

Cheers to Zotz! Why pay sales tax?

JS
John Sandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2004, 09:42 AM   #53
Tourist

why Brian tells you what to avoid now.

I am a big fan of Brian and Zotz digital but to be honest I had a terrible experience, here is a little background… I have purchased nearly all of our equipment from Zotz two GL2's, tripods wireless microphones etc. etc.

One day I called up Brian to buy a Sony DSR-11 deck and Brian talked me into buying the JVC vs-30. The Deck was delivered speedy as usual but the moment I pulled it from the box I was disappointed I thought it was a VCR. But anyway functionality is the key to our business so I thought lets give it a try. The device has never worked from day one. During capture you will get grey pixels throughout the video.

I called Brian at Zotz and told him I did not want the deck and go with my first choice and get the DSR-11. Brian had told me that the deck has worked fine for others and I should send it in and get the tracking adjusted for my cameras. So I sent the deck in to JVC along with three individual tapes from our cameras (cost $35).

One month later still no word from JVC so I called and they had not started the repair because they said I never sent the tapes. I asked them if they ever thought of calling. I explained that I did send the tapes and that I would send another three again… so off to the UPS store I went and mailed the three tapes ($15) only to get a call the next day that they found the original three tapes in the box. It figures. The deck was returned 10 days later and the problem was worse than before. The repair invoice stated that they replaced the recording device (whatever that means). I called JVC and explained that the deck still did not work. They said they were going to send me a special fire wire to test for interference I knew this was a waste of time because everything else will capture fine but I decided to humor him and try it our.

Two days later I get the new and improved fire wire along with the second three tapes I sent them. (that was nice to see) But of course the fire wire made no difference. So I sent back the deck to JVC. And to make a long story short the deck is still not working. I have looked into other postings and found that there are lots of people out there that have taken the deck back because it is a lemon.

Brian has since pulled the deck from his site and admits that there are many issues with this deck. (so why did he talk me into it???) Brian sent me an email stating that he was going to get my money back using the lemon law for my deck and someone else’s. I thought cool he does care and looks to keep our business relationship healthy.

A few weeks later I called Brian to see what had become of this and after a few excuses I felt as if he forgot. In fact he asked me to send him another email to remind him. I forwarded the email he previously sent me. Four months have passed since I purchased the deck for about $900 and shipping back and forth has cost me around $100. All I want is a working deck. Brian the ball is in your court.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 02:18 PM   #54
Regular Crew

I'm going to be spending over $9,000 with Zotz.

It's true that Brian seems a bit forgetful at times.

Given the amout I'm spending, do you think I should ask to have them throw in some filters or a monopod?

http://advaloreminternational.com
Victor Muh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2005, 06:19 PM   #55
Tourist

Well I didn't ask for anything else. Brian is a stand up guy. He was in a situation where he was stuck with a product that was bad. I feel that he did what he could even if he was a bit forgetful. Sometimes Email tends to bring that out in us. No face to remember... Anyway i got the sony deck and I am happy with it. I will be using Brian till the end! My post was more to put a face to the subject. If not mine, the face was the forum.
We all live and learn.

Go Zots!
Old February 22nd, 2005, 06:25 PM   #56
Regular Crew

OK.

Well, if I'm going to be spending over $9,000 at a place, do you think they should be throwing in the filters of the monopod?

Old February 22nd, 2005, 06:38 PM   #57
Major Player

lots of feedback but...

VIC! Your question is irrelevant. If you are going to spend 9,000 euros or 80 thousand drachmas on something, you negotiate for the stuff and receive the order.

A few anecdotes regarding customer service levels from a specific vendor does not entitle you to have them extend the employee discount nor does it have them open up the tickle trunk full of goodies!

Now that is just me. Perhaps you could phone them and see if they will ship you some no charge product along with your order.
Jimmy McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2005, 06:59 PM   #58
Regular Crew

Re: lots of feedback but...

Who are you to say that my question is irrelevant, especially when you don't even understand it correctly?

First of all, why are you talking about Euros or Drachmas?

Secondly, I never mentioned that this had anything to do with customer service levels.

<<<-- Originally posted by Jimmy McKenzie : VIC! Your question is irrelevant. If you are going to spend 9,000 euros or 80 thousand drachmas on something, you negotiate for the stuff and receive the order.

A few anecdotes regarding customer service levels from a specific vendor does not entitle you to have them extend the employee discount nor does it have them open up the tickle trunk full of goodies!

Now that is just me. Perhaps you could phone them and see if they will ship you some no charge product along with your order. -->>>

Old February 22nd, 2005, 07:00 PM   #59
Inner Circle

"Nobody ever gets what they deserve... only what they negotiate"
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2005, 07:06 PM   #60
Regular Crew

True. Believe me, I plan to.

However, knowing what I'm up against will help me to negotiate better.

So, anyone? Care to share some experiences?

<<<-- Originally posted by Richard Alvarez : "Nobody ever gets what they deserve... only what they negotiate" -->>>

Victor Muh is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors