Zotz Digital does it again! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Your direct line to authorized DVi software and equipment vendors.

Old October 23rd, 2002, 12:07 PM   #1
Sponsor: Zotz Digital

zotz digital specials for DVI members

hello folks; Chris has urged me to get my message out there to the DVI community, and I thought that I would add some special pricing for members.
zotz digital specializes in field packages for videographers, and editing systems, so you let us know when and how we can help. Oregon has no sales tax, so all products are tax free.

LIBEC THM20 video tripods; $195 with delivery included in the 48 states(and ground credit to those outside those boundaries-this is the smallest floating ball level/fluid head tripod that I am aware of, ideal for the smaller DV camcorders
SENNHEISER; Evolution 100 ENG series wireless(mini plug output for camcorders; $490 each, delivery by UPS ground included; lavalier, transmitter, receiver, and plug in transmitter, 1280 channels of UHF
SENNHEISER; ME66/K6 shotgun mic combos; $375, delivery included via UPS ground
CAMKOTE; currently being made for the GL1, GL2, XL1/XL1s Custom XL1, VX2000, PD150, and soon to have one for the AG-DVX100 (January 2003)
Camkote keeps your camera warm and dry in the field; $120, delivery included in North America
XLRPRO Audio Adapter; $140, delivery included via UPS ground in North America, or ground credit applied to delivery outside ground boundaries

these are some of the most popular items, we will be adding quite a few to the threads, and contact us directly about any other items that you are interested in.
keep shooting, it just might be your video they want!
Brian Longley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2002, 12:52 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Wow, what superb deals, Brian!

Folks, be sure to mention that you saw it on DV Info Net when you order from Zotz.

Much respect,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2002, 02:35 PM   #3
Air China Pilot

It's getting chilly in Vancouver. I'm liking the look of that Camkote. I just hope my Cdn money bears up well against that price.
Old October 23rd, 2002, 03:03 PM   #4

Camkote

Hello Keith; it is in US dollars, but shipping won't be altered, as it comes USPS, and that isn't going to be a problem for a Canadian shipment. You will need to cover your own taxes upon import. Please let me know which model and color, as I would need to give you an accurate time frame for delivery. They are gearing up production on all models at this time, except the new Panasonic cam.
you let me know if I can help. thanks, brian
Old October 23rd, 2002, 03:24 PM   #5
Air China Pilot

Thanks, Brian. I've emailed you for a quote.
Old October 25th, 2002, 02:50 PM   #6

Panasonic AG-DVX100

another one from zotz digital; the new Panasonic AG-DVX100 for DVI members; $3385, delivery included in the 48 states via Fedex Express. No tax anywhere. thanks to all. brian
Old November 11th, 2002, 08:47 PM   #7
Trustee

Just a public thanks to Brian and the crew for my shipment of lovely new ME66 and XLR adapter all the way to New Zealand. Good prices and everything arrived perfectly in order. Too bad customs are stupid and kept the thing for 4 days before I got it ;)

Thanks again guys
Aaron
Aaron Koolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2002, 04:50 PM   #8
Major Player

Zotz Digital Review

Recently I purchased my first DV camcorder, a Panasonic AG-DVX100, from Zotz Digital, and for the benefit of the community here I thought I’d share what it was like buying from the Oregon based retailer. As I soon discovered, buying DV equipment is not like other transactions where you shop, see what you want, buy, then go home. There’s so many choices available, a technology learning curve to tackle, the potential for the most expensive single transaction you have ever made on the Internet – sometimes the equivalent of a handsome car down-payment – to go wrong in shipping, or with uninformed salesperson mistakes that the place you go to for your equipment needs should be just as important as researching what camcorder you want. This is especially important for me since I don’t have a lot of money, value my time, and am a student.

For these reasons I’d like to recommend Zotz Digital for anyone looking to make their first or future DV purchases. On every point I listed above they exceeded expectations. Everyone I spoke with at Zotz Digital was very kind and helpful, whether Tom on the phone, or by email. I’ve been communicating with Brian over email since late October and on every occasion he answered within a day (important should you ever run into problems with something). He offered recommendations on products, took the time to answer my concerns over what kind of equipment to use in certain situations, let me know when the products came in, sent me tracking numbers, and genuinely cared about how I thought the camcorder was working (I have to find out soon and respond). The camcorder arrived promptly, was packaged very well, and I even received a shipping discount on Brian’s dollar. The prices of the camcorder, tripod (Libec M20), Tiffen filters, and Kata bag were already some of the best I could find.

Sometimes you’ll hear good things about a sponsor but you have to take it with a grain of salt at first especially if the website owners are the ones saying so. Its only reasonable of course. But now that I’ve gone ahead and bought from one I’m very glad I did and its clear to me that Chris Hurd’s got a great sponsor in Zotz Digital.
Christopher Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2002, 05:28 PM   #9
Major Player

Thanks for the "review"!

I'm in the money-saving mode (almost there!!!) for a Canon GL2. I requested a price quote via email and Brian responded well within 24 hours. And the price was very reasonable (only B & H Video in New York City offered a similar price). I had some questions regarding the GL2 . . . and he took the time to respond to these too.

I'm just starting out in the DV world. . . I'm in the same spot I was in the digital-audio recording world 4 years ago. A beginner. Obviously, information gathering is important to me now. So far, Brian of Zotz has kindly answered my questions.

So. . . . I plan on purchasing the GL2 and a couple of accessories from Zotz Ditigal. . . who happens to be a DVinfo sponsor.

Cool!

Regards,

Ted
Old January 14th, 2003, 11:55 AM   #10
Major Player

Just want to say a public "Thanks" to ZotzDigital.

ZotzDigital is one of DVinfo.net's sponsors. Purchased my first - ever - digital camera with tripod and monitor. Brian, at ZotzDigital, was very patient in answering my questions. Additionally, he accepted a check (cashier's check) and promptly mailed the items purchased.

Just want to say a public "Thank You" to ZotzDigital. Consider this an unsolicited endorsement. As DVinfo.net has been helpful in guiding me through the digital-video recording/editing process, so has ZotzDigital been very helpful preparing me for this delightfully new venture for my small business and myself.

Regards,

Ted Fiebke, RN
Old January 14th, 2003, 05:46 PM   #11
Major Player

Ted,
Congratulations on the purchase of the digital cam. Looks like you will be starting on that recruiting video project you mentioned earlier. I have a suggestion (or two).

I think you said the video was aimed at 9th graders..... if so, keep it simple with minimal of professional lingo (e.g., "career path"). Also, if you have some 9 year old brothers or cousins, you might ask them what interests them as far as a future profession is concerned... gear it from their level.

Sounds like a fun project. Best of luck to you.

Nick Kerpchar, RN, BSN, BBA, MS (and a boatload of experience in the trenches)
Nick Kerpchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2003, 08:16 PM   #12
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Nick Kerpchar : Ted,
Congratulations on the purchase of the digital cam. Looks like you will be starting on that recruiting video project you mentioned earlier. I have a suggestion (or two).

I think you said the video was aimed at 9th graders..... if so, keep it simple with minimal of professional lingo (e.g., "career path"). Also, if you have some 9 year old brothers or cousins, you might ask them what interests them as far as a future profession is concerned... gear it from their level.

Sounds like a fun project. Best of luck to you.

Nick Kerpchar, RN, BSN, BBA, MS (and a boatload of experience in the trenches) -->>>

Nick! ! I Love all of the LETTERS after your name! :)

Your suggestions are well taken! I've started scripting (mostly in my head) and hope to start some of the shooting withing a month's time! In the meanwhile, I will start talking to some 8th and 9th graders as you suggested.

Nick . . . what type of nursing do you do? How are you involved with video?

I'm a full-time ICU/CCU nurse. I also have a business (equally full-time that makes much less $$$) called TOO LIVE NURSE. Give our web-site at look!

http://www.toolivenurse.com

Cheers! :)

Edward Fiebke, RN, A.S., B.M., B.S.N.

The "B.M." is for Bachelor of Music. . . but I hope people think "Bowel Movement". . . sorry. . . sick nursing humor! :)
Old January 14th, 2003, 10:27 PM   #13
Warden

I wasn't sure if you could get a degree in that or not (BM).

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2003, 02:12 AM   #14
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Jeff Donald : I wasn't sure if you could get a degree in that or not (BM).

Jeff -->>>

L.O.L. - For some, one can get this degree simply through life experience! :)

I got mine at Berklee College of Music. . . and life experience! :D

Ted
Old January 15th, 2003, 05:47 PM   #15
Major Player

Ed,
Is it Ed or Ted, I see you signing both ways in your posts.

Bulk of my clinical has been Med/Surg and NICU, but I have also done community health and psych nursing (scary). I liked NICU a lot but after about four years of it I moved into Nursing Admin and then into Hosp Admin positions and then found my new love, Quality Improvement (I don't miss the shift rotations nor working holidays).

Video has mostly been a hobby but I have made several training videos and some photo montage. I am at the brink of making a major investment by jumping up to a digital cam and NLE system. It took a lot of bed pan emptying to get the coins together but I want all the equipment "free-and-clear".

Good luck with your project. Nick
Nick Kerpchar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors