B&H Photo Video - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors

Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Your direct line to authorized DVi software and equipment vendors.

Old April 9th, 2005, 08:09 PM   #16
Major Player

Chutes Away!!!!!!

I was actually trying to find the coordinates for my doorstep. I won't fall for this one again!!! HeHe.
Steve Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2005, 10:24 AM   #17
Major Player

B&H Website Update

B&H changes the layout of their website today by placing a new toolbar where the old green one was and moving the old green toolbar down below the new one.

Still easy to navigate and still so comprehensive it'll make you drool for some gadget, widget, or googaa.
Old July 5th, 2005, 07:55 PM   #18
Regular Crew

B&H waranty

Has anyone purchased the b&h waranty for there camcorders.(Range$300-$900), if range matters?
Has anyone had to use it, what was the outcome?
I am looking at some possiable camcorders and have read good things about this sponser.Just curious guys.
Old July 6th, 2005, 10:38 AM   #19
Regular Crew

the warranty isn't actually b&h- it's a company called mack. you have to be very careful to handle/store all of the related paperwork. then, when something happens, you convinve them you have the warranty and ship your camera off to new jersey. turnarounds are supposed to be slow, and some folks have had trouble getting them to honor the warranty (if you file away the form, you should be ok, but if you lose it you're s.o.l.) but it seems like they will do the repair (eventually) and the repair work is ok enough. but anything b&h sells should have a 1 year manufacturer's warranty, so it might make sense to just go with that and then deal with either a shop or paying the orig mafucaturer. sort of a gamble. depends on what the device is, budget, etc.
Nate Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2005, 01:06 PM   #20
Major Player

Just charge it! My Chase MC gives me a year extension on mfg. warranty. You have to produce the paperwork (INCLUDING monthly statement). Reimbursement was very fast.
Old August 11th, 2005, 06:06 PM   #21
Wrangler

B&H - Sound and Audio

Just wanted to put in a good word for B&H regarding music, sound, and audio! It's easy to forget their pro audio department with all the video and photography stuff they sell.

I recently decided to expand the music capabilities of my little studio beyond Acid Pro, so I started researching MIDI controllers, digital stage pianos, soft synths, DAWs etc. I never even thought to look at B&H, but after I had a nice music equipment list to severely dent my credit card and bank account, I checked out B&H, just to see what they carried.

They had almost everything I was looking for and in general had the best prices on almost all the equipment/software I was looking to buy! Yes even better than the other big music equipment stores that I usually like to visit.

Anyway, don't forget to check B&H when you're looking into music/audio equipment.
Michael Wisniewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2005, 06:19 PM   #22
Major Player

Yeah, B&H pretty much rules...
Bill Binder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2005, 08:44 AM   #23
sponsor: B&H Photo-Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wisniewski
Just wanted to put in a good word for B&H regarding music, sound, and audio! It's easy to forget their pro audio department with all the video and photography stuff they sell.
Thanks for your kind words and for taking the time to write.
Old August 15th, 2005, 11:14 AM   #24
sponsor: B&H Photo-Video

B&H August event

Event: B&H Photo and VASST present: Music in the Edit Suite!
Dates: August 22
Location: The B&H Photo-Video Confernce/Training Room. Use our 35 W 33rd St "Executive Office" entry and proceed to the 2nd floor.
Featuring: Jeffrey P. Fisher

Attention audio, video, and post-production professionals:

Custom music, royalty-free songs, loop-based music creation, and more! Find out the details about all these musical alternatives and how to best apply them for maximum impact.

Are you using music effectively?

Music plays a crucial role in every soundtrack. And handling music effectively makes productions stronger, enhances imagery, and delivers our message so that your audiences retain information. While great music won't save a bad production, music can do what no other soundtrack element can do:

* evoke moods or feelings
* create convincing atmospheres of time and place
* inspire and motivate
* underline elements of character and situation
* enhance drama
* complement and support your message

If you are sick and tired of plopping down the same old music on your timeline, attend this all-day training event and learn to expand your music (and sound) palette. Discover all the alternatives, tricks, tips, and secrets to building the best soundtrack for all your audio and video productions.

Topics include:

Music Psychology 101

* Understanding the emotion and dynamics of music and how it relates to picture
* Music as color
* Soundtrack success checklists

Music basics

* Underscore, song, and the advertising jingle
* Tempo, rhythm, instrumentation, and arrangement
* Composer's Tools

Music scoring process

* Scoring aesthetics
* Spotting session
* Recording, editing, and tweaking tracks

Copyright and licensing issues

* Public domain and clearing copyrighted songs
* Mechanical, synchronization, performance, and master use licenses

Traditional music choices

* Productive music searches
* Getting more from library music
* New twists on royalty-free library music themes
* Sound design strategies

Working with a composer

* Package deals

D I Y

* Loop-based composition
* Recording audio and MIDI
* Developing and using the musical "Master Cue"

Music mixing techniques

* Surround sound issues

And More...

Join music and audio professional, Jeffrey P. Fisher, for this information-packed and eye- and ear-opening event. Fisher has written musical scores for dozens of corporate, educational, commercial, and independent film projects. His music also appears on the Fresh Music library, Dark New Age. Jeffrey's latest book, CASH TRACKS: Compose, Produce, and Sell Your Original Soundtrack Music and Jingles for Movies, Games, Radio/TV, and the Web will be released in September 2005. He also teaches audio and video production at the College of DuPage Motion Picture / Television department in Glen Ellyn, IL.

Visit http://www.vasst.com/registration to register
Henry Posner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2005, 01:56 PM   #25
Major Player

B&H Photo pack & ship on Saturday?

Ordered a few in-stock things from them early yesterday online (Friday) and I need them by next Saturday. Selected 3-5 day shipping and I hope this won't be a problem.

I just noticed my order is just sitting there idle and "processing". I checked their store hours and find it strange they're actually closed on Saturdays but are open Sundays - which might just be the sales department.

I assume the shipping folks won't be back till Monday. No big deal I guess. At least I know it's coming from a reputable source.
Rick Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2005, 02:14 PM   #26
New Boot

UPS typically doesn't ship on Saturdays; sometimes it can take B&H up to 48 hours to ship the item(s), and sometimes they ship from different locations so you can receive one before the other, but they'll let you know when the order ships. If I order something Sunday afternoon it normally ships Tuesday afternoon and I have it Friday (in ATL). Hope that helps.

Geoff
Geoff Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2005, 02:21 PM   #27
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Steele
I checked their store hours and find it strange they're actually closed on Saturdays but are open Sundays.
B&H is a family owned and operated business. These folks strictly observe the Sabbath, which is late Friday through all day Saturday. Their business week starts on Sunday. Think of it like this, a lot of stores you know are closed on Sunday for a particular reason. It's just the same at B&H, except their "Sunday" is on Saturday (well, actually Friday afternoon through Saturday). Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2005, 04:28 PM   #28
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Steele
Ordered a few in-stock things from them early yesterday online (Friday) and I need them by next Saturday. Selected 3-5 day shipping and I hope this won't be a problem.

I just noticed my order is just sitting there idle and "processing". I checked their store hours and find it strange they're actually closed on Saturdays but are open Sundays - which might just be the sales department.

I assume the shipping folks won't be back till Monday. No big deal I guess. At least I know it's coming from a reputable source.
hello rick,

all my stuff came from b&h, no problems whats so ever. like chris pointed out, you need to look at their holiday schedule, during the christmas season they could be closed more then the regular retail stores. you could ask/ or upgrade your shipping or put an urgent on it.

i also found that any delays most likely come from ups.

purchased form b&h, online on a monday. processed on tuesday (3-5 days ups) thursday was thanksgiving. received my merch. on monday, full seven days. e-mails to ups got me the answer it is not their fault, the airline does not operate and so on. no shipping on friday, only next day and second day.

greetings
Karl Heiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2005, 04:29 PM   #29
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
B&H is a family owned and operated business. These folks strictly observe the Sabbath, which is late Friday through all day Saturday. Their business week starts on Sunday. Think of it like this, a lot of stores you know are closed on Sunday for a particular reason. It's just the same at B&H, except their "Sunday" is on Saturday (well, actually Friday afternoon through Saturday). Hope this helps,
And since the couriers don't pickup on Sunday either, any order processed during the day on Friday would actually be picked up by UPS on Monday at the earliest.
Old December 3rd, 2005, 06:56 PM   #30
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
B&H is a family owned and operated business. These folks strictly observe the Sabbath, which is late Friday through all day Saturday.
Now that didn't click - It should have though. I did buy a few small ticket items at newegg at the same time (things B&H doesn't carry) and the package is in Iowa already.

I didn't select the orvernight or 2nd day options because being out here in the boondocks it often doesn't do any good.

Again, I'm not worried. I could have saved at least $500+ on this order going somewhere else but was quite impressed by the testimonials here (and elsewhere) regarding B&H.
Rick Steele is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors