B&H Photo Video - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Your direct line to authorized DVi software and equipment vendors.

Old December 9th, 2005, 01:41 PM   #31
Machinist Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Steele
Again, I'm not worried. I could have saved at least $500+ on this order going somewhere else but was quite impressed by the testimonials here (and elsewhere) regarding B&H.
You'll be glad you paid attention to the testimonials, Rick. There may be other dealers talking lower prices. And it is a fact of life that B&H strictly observes not just the Sabbath but all other Judaic holidays (which may not all show up on everyone's secular calendar), so they may not always be open when you want to shop.

But you will always get the price as quoted, you will always get the correct merchandise ordered, and you will always be working with highly reliable trustworthy people who are experienced in supplying pros and beginners, plus you will be working with a merchant that carries the closest thing I have ever seen to "EVERYTHING" in one store. That's gotta be worth something.
Old March 25th, 2006, 05:59 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Mack Camera extended warranties from B&H

Well, I've finally purchased my new camera for shooting dog agility -- a Sony VX2100, chosen for its low light performance. I'll post something about how it does filming indoor (and outdoor) action shots in a few weeks after our first couple of shows, but so far I'm quite happy with the choice.

I did want to mention we had one problem with our order from B&H Photo that people should watch out for. I went with B&H because everyone has such rave reviews of them, and their overall price was cheapest because they weren't gouging on the extended warranty. In this case, the extended warranty that popped up for the VX2100 was $150 (4 years from Mack Camera), compared to $500+ from other stores. The warranty description on the B&H website mentioned no exclusion for professional use, and I specifically called to check and was told that professional use was fine. As you might guess, the warranty I received does have an exclusion that says "Not for professional use or professional cameras." We managed to exchange the warranty for the correct version, although B&H didn't seem to believe there was a problem (we even called Mack Camera to double-check everything). And luckily the pro use warranty was only $20 more, although I'm a little annoyed at paying the difference since I was told the cheaper warranty allowed for professional use. The return is in the mail now, and hopefully everything will be set in a week or so.

The bottom line: Mack camera warranty #1041 has the "not for professional use or professional cameras" exclusion. If you're filming professionally, you want warranty #1056 (according to Mack Camera, although I haven't seen all the fine print yet). "Pro" cameras such as the Sony Z1U automatically come up with #1056 at B&H, but the VX2100 and FX1 both default to the #1041 warranty.

Hopefully this will save someone else a headache in the future. Other than this, I'm quite happy with the deal we got from B&H -- fast and a good price, without any phone calls saying "you should also buy...."

-Terence
Terence Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 09:33 AM   #33
sponsor: B&H Photo-Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terence Murphy
Other than this, I'm quite happy with the deal we got from B&H -- fast and a good price, without any phone calls saying "you should also buy...."
-Terence
I am sorry for the delay in replying but I just stumbled upon this. I am sorry for the warranty confusion and appreciate your other kind words.
Old November 16th, 2006, 10:43 AM   #34
Major Player

B&H Site down?

Anyone having issues getting to B&H website this morning? I got to it once but have been getting timeouts on it for about 15 mins now.
Lisa Shofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 11:22 AM   #35
Major Player

Looks like it's fine again.

That was strange.
Lisa Shofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 10:19 PM   #36
Major Player

I was cruising the sponsors boards, and just noticed that this one had not been active in awhile and since I just placed a small order earlier today, I just wanted to say that B&H is the best. I order almost exclusively from them and have always had good experience with them. Beyond that, the reps are very knowledgeable and are willing to take the time to help you with any questions you have from product selection to recommended accessories. Thanks B&H you won my loyalty!
Old January 28th, 2009, 01:49 PM   #37
sponsor: B&H Photo-Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Daugherty View Post
Thanks B&H you won my loyalty!
Thank you. This is very gratifying.
Old April 5th, 2009, 10:51 AM   #38
Regular Crew

I have been a customer with B&H since 1996 and have spent thousands upon thousands as well. I have been to their showroom store on many occasions. Never had a single problem with them. They are golden... simply the best in the business. I try not to use anyone but B&H. My new JVC HD camera is being shipped from B&H as we speak...
Tom Koveleskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2009, 06:28 PM   #39
Trustee

I have been critical about customer service experiences when they were unsatisfactory. It is merited that I extend praise and gratitude. My recent purchase experience with B&H was top notch and hassle free. The product arrived on time and in good condition. Service and followup were excellent.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2009, 01:39 PM   #40
Wrangler

I just made a trip to B&H yesterday for a major purchase. It's been several years since I visited the store in person and it was a great experience as always, starting with the free parking and ending with the quick and friendly service.

If you've never been, you should really include a visit when traveling to the Northeast US - there's no place like it! The huge display of demo cameras is exceptional. There's no substitute for creative play with different models when trying to choose what to buy. They were all in top shape and you can browse to your heart's content without salespeople hovering over you (unless you want them to). Each camera has a small LCD monitor below it, providing a nice basis for comparing different models.

Great company - we are truly fortunate to have them as a sponsor here at DVinfo!
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2009, 11:29 AM   #41
Major Player

Just to piggyback off others, I have been with B&H for 3 years now and never had an issue. Boyd, I am jealous, I want to visit the store but I have never been to NY! Hopefull I can get up there by the end of the year.

JS
John Stakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2009, 11:00 PM   #42
Regular Crew

B&H has been great

Ditto to the above plaudits. I've been buying from B&H online for more than 2 years and there has never been a single problem. Everything arrives well-packed, with the correct items, and on time if not sooner.

I'm a big believer in supporting stores with great service. It's fantastic to shop somewhere and have absolutely NO worries about any aspect of the transaction. 5 stars.

--Greg
Greg Joyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 04:27 PM   #43
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff View Post
I just made a trip to B&H yesterday for a major purchase. It's been several years since I visited the store in person and it was a great experience as always, starting with the free parking and ending with the quick and friendly service.

If you've never been, you should really include a visit when traveling to the Northeast US - there's no place like it! The huge display of demo cameras is exceptional. There's no substitute for creative play with different models when trying to choose what to buy. They were all in top shape and you can browse to your heart's content without salespeople hovering over you (unless you want them to). Each camera has a small LCD monitor below it, providing a nice basis for comparing different models.

Great company - we are truly fortunate to have them as a sponsor here at DVinfo!
I'll just add to your post by saying the B&H sales staff are the best -- knowledgeable, helpful and honest to a fault. On a number of occasions, I've had a B&H salesperson suggest a less-expensive alternative after I explained what I wanted and how I would use it. As another poster mentioned, it is such a relief to shop with B&H and know, absolutely, that you will have a positive, pleasant, hassle-free experience and walk out with just the right product at a great price.
Paul Tauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 08:51 AM   #44
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
My one experience with B&H was extremely positive EXCEPT for the cross border shipping part where the shipping company gouged me for import duty that should NOT have been applied under the FTA. I would cross border shop at B&H ANYTIME and regard the folks there as absolute pros.
Old November 18th, 2009, 01:27 PM   #45
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff View Post
I didn't know they had a free parking!
I use an advantage of living in NY and every time we need to add something to our gear I go there to touch the item and ask four hundred questions to their friendly and patient raps, even if I will have to place my order online later. The only problem I'd have was shipping delay, but that was UPS's fault. I've learned from that day that it is better to go to the store in person and grab the item if it is a rush situation.
Good experience in purchasing any kind of equipment.
Alex Khachatryan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors