B&H Monitor Return Policy? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors

Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Your direct line to authorized DVi software and equipment vendors.

Old August 19th, 2009, 08:49 PM   #1
Trustee

B&H Monitor Return Policy?

I'm considering purchasing a new HP monitor.

HP / Hewlett-Packard | LP2475w 24" LCD | KD911A8#ABA | B&H

I normally buy computer equipment from Newegg, but their monitor return policy is there has to be more than eight dead pixels. They always seem reasonable, so I don't know how hard and fast the rule is, but in the event of bad pixels, I don't want have to test it.

So what is B&H's monitor return policy? I've read the Return Policy page but it seems unclear in regards to computer monitors.

B&H Photo Video Return & Exchange

"No Return/Exchange On:

TVs, combos and monitors 37" and larger once opened
Computers, Software and Hardware once unwrapped
..."

Are computer monitors okay to return as long as they are under 37"? Or are computer monitors considered Computer Hardware and nonreturnable once unwrapped?

Thanks much for the clarification.

Last edited by Peter Moretti; August 19th, 2009 at 09:38 PM.
Peter Moretti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2009, 04:30 AM   #2
Inner Circle

why not call them and ask-that way there is no question or misunderstanding.
Old August 20th, 2009, 05:06 AM   #3
Trustee

I'd rather get a post from Henry answering the ?. I had some instances where B&H said one thing on the phone and then not honored it. (They are long stories that I'd rather not rehash.)
Old August 20th, 2009, 02:02 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Moretti View Post
their monitor return policy is there has to be more than eight dead pixels.
WOW... I would NEVER accept more than three dead pixels, and NONE of them in the centre 80% of my image. I have 2 stuck pixels on my 19" LG field monitor and I STRUGGLE not to be upset...
Old September 3rd, 2009, 05:56 AM   #5
Trustee

Well I just bit the bullet and bought the monitor from B&H. NO dead pixels, so no testing their return policy.

I have to say it's one sweet monitor, but very bright. But now I'm running Avid Media Composer w/ FOUR monitors. LAlalalalalala! ;P
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:11 PM   #6
Major Player

This post is to honor B&H's outstanding return policy (subject to their exceptions and fine print).

Try it for a few days, if you don't like it, return it in the same condition you received it in.

This really helps folks like me, living in the boonies (the nearest Best Buy is 3 hours away). I respected their policy, took good care of everything (both a Pentax K7 and Nikon D300s, with lenses), returned them, began sweating to see if they would accept everything back, and then was relieved when they issued the refunds.

So now, although I could pre-order a Canon 7d at various sites, I'm waiting to get one from B&H...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors