DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/great-deals-dv-info-net-sponsors/)
-   -   Panasonic VariCam Event in Austin, TX Friday Nov 14 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/great-deals-dv-info-net-sponsors/525718-panasonic-varicam-event-austin-tx-friday-nov-14-a.html)

Phil Goetz November 12th, 2014 10:17 PM

Panasonic VariCam Event in Austin, TX Friday Nov 14

Click to RSVP:
Panasonic VariCam 35 Product Introduction, Information, & Hands-on Day

Friday Nov 14 10:30am - 2pm

Full Event Description:
Come hear a full presentation by Steve Mahrer from Panasonic focused on the new 4K VariCam 35 camera. Take time to get "hands-on" with the camera and ask questions. You won't want to miss this exclusive Omega Live Demonstration.

Want to learn more about the Panasonic 4K VariCam 35?

Building on the esteemed VariCam legacy of breathtaking image rendition and versatile off-speed effects, this Fall Panasonic will market two new VariCams, one a 4K camera (VariCam 35) that incorporates a newly-developed super 35mm MOS image sensor; the second, a 2/3" camera (VariCam HS) that features high-speed 1080p image capture of up to 240fps to produce extraordinary high-definition imagery for the most demanding documentary, sports or SFX slow-motion applications.

Phil Goetz December 26th, 2014 09:45 AM

Re: Panasonic VariCam Event in Austin, TX Friday Nov 14

Rent it before you buy it!

Panasonic VariCam35

Jim Martin December 30th, 2014 11:53 AM

and if you are in LA, we have the Varicam35 for rent....give us a ring!

Jim MArtin
EVSonline.com

Brian Drysdale January 28th, 2015 02:27 AM

A review of the new Varicam by an Australian cinematographer.

David Heath January 28th, 2015 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Drysdale (Post 1874995)
A review of the new Varicam by an Australian cinematographer.

The trouble with anything like this is knowing what is responsible for what, and he does point out the samples are a "Quick Grade" - so how representative is what you're seeing?

Personally, I didn't find the flesh tones on the Varicam shots very appealing - rather washed out and a bit on the yellow side, and not very flattering to the subject. (Especially the shots by the shop window - as at 2m40s.) But with different grading it could be a different matter.....? I don't know what camera it was shot on, but I much preferred the look of the camera shooting the review - much nicer flesh tones for starters.

But was that just down to lighting (daylight) and grading..... ? I wouldn't like to draw too many conclusions from what is acknowledged as a "Quick Grade".

Brian Drysdale January 28th, 2015 03:53 PM

Geoff Boyle has done tests on this camera. plus a number of others over the weekend and I believe RAW frames will be going up on his CML site. These would allow people do a grade for themselves.