DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/great-deals-dv-info-net-sponsors/)
-   -   Used From B&H? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/great-deals-dv-info-net-sponsors/71782-used-b-h.html)

Chris Owen July 18th, 2006 10:30 PM

Used From B&H?

Has anyone ever bought a used camera from BH Photo? I am very tempted to buy an XL2 they have listed (if it's still there). I would check the forum here for members selling one but I don't have access yet.

It is rated at "9+". Anyone know if they provide any sort of warranty on used gear? Should I just wait another month until I have a little more in my budget for a new one?

I also noticed that the price of the new one ($3599) just went to one of those "View low price - too low to list" type things they do. I checked, and its the same price it was last week when it directly listed the price on the page. Any idea what that's all about?

Mekhael Trepanier July 19th, 2006 12:35 AM

try this one

find Jim Karrels on this message board he has an Xl2 for sale im in the process of trying to buy it from him myself but im having a bump in the road that im having a hard time getting passed
hope this helps you out... i have no idea about the B+H gig cant help you there
MEKHAEL
p.s. change your profile settings so that other members on here can send you email. you dont get any junk it just allows other users the chance to contact you if they wish
take care

Chris Owen July 19th, 2006 12:42 AM

Thanks Mekhael, changed profile.

I have not been a member long enough to view the member classifieds, so if he has it for sale there, I will not be able to view it. I don't even see an option for the member classifieds yet on the forum main page (its restricted for new members).

Don Bloom July 19th, 2006 05:51 AM

B&H is about the only place I'd ever buy a used piece from and in fact have in the past. The same service as if it was new-not warranty but service. I'd have no problem doing it again if I needed to.
As for the pricing question, sometimes the agreement a vendor has with the retailer is such that the retailer can not advertise their price to the public and one must email for it or call or whatever. It has nothing to do with B&H lowering or raising thier price to the end user it has everything to do with their agreement with Canon.

HTHs
Don B.

Chris Hurd July 19th, 2006 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Owen
I don't even see an option for the member classifieds yet on the forum main page.

Check again, you have access.

Chris Owen July 19th, 2006 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Check again, you have access.

Thanks a million Chris! That rocks. I see it now ;)

Cara Starr July 26th, 2006 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Owen
Thanks Mekhael, changed profile.

I have not been a member long enough to view the member classifieds, so if he has it for sale there, I will not be able to view it. I don't even see an option for the member classifieds yet on the forum main page (its restricted for new members).

Yeah, how/when does that show up for new members? I keep watching for it - but i remember reading you have to be a member for certain amount of time or something...

Chris Hurd July 27th, 2006 08:35 AM

Only 30 days since you registered. You should be able to see it. Try logging out, and back in again.

Cara Starr July 27th, 2006 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Only 30 days since you registered. You should be able to see it. Try logging out, and back in again.

Hmmm... tried logging out and still not there.

Patrick Gault July 28th, 2006 11:15 AM

I have found B&H very reliable for new gear, but the two used items I purchased were listed incorrectly. They are very good about taking things back though.

Henry Posner August 6th, 2006 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Gault
I have found B&H very reliable for new gear, but the two used items I purchased were listed incorrectly. They are very good about taking things back though.

Thanks for your kind words.