DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/great-deals-dv-info-net-sponsors/)
-   -   Please excuse my naivete re: sponsors... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/great-deals-dv-info-net-sponsors/85487-please-excuse-my-naivete-re-sponsors.html)

Denis Danatzko February 2nd, 2007 08:46 AM

Please excuse my naivete re: sponsors...

but I want to understand how using them relates to this site.

I've read some of the threads, but seem to be suffering some increased mental density today.

Do the sponsors provide a discount to registered DVinfo members? Or, does such "discount" or, more appropriately - "reward" - for purchasing from sponsors come in the form of the site continuing to exist/ be viable"?

Not trying to spark a big discussion; just that I've seen mention of discounts in a few posts and that got me confused. From what I can gather, the discounts are sporadic, e.g. Videoguys offered one last year, then extended that beyond the original expiration.

Is that pretty much how it works, i.e. discounts are not steadily offered, but are provided at the discretion of the sponsor(s)?

Thanks, and apologies for "beating what is an (obviously ) dead horse" for others.

Chris Hurd February 2nd, 2007 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis Danatzko
Do the sponsors provide a discount to registered DVinfo members?

Some do; some don't. They're certainly encouraged to, but I've never made it a requirement. It's entirely at their discretion.

Quote:

Or, does such "discount" or, more appropriately - "reward" - for purchasing from sponsors come in the form of the site continuing to exist/ be viable"?
The primary "reward" for purchasing from DV Info Net site sponsors is their quality of service before, during and after the sale; real-world no-nonsense competetive pricing; and the assurance that comes from a solid and proven reputation of trustworthiness. Finally, it's the establishment of a healthy and mutually beneficial business relationship between the members and the sponsors. That's the reward.

I realize there are some folks who cannot see the value in that, and are instead interested only in getting some kind of monetary discount (or worse, in finding only "the absolute lowest price," no matter how unrealistic that may be). Let's just say that I'm not at all concerned about reaching out to those particular people. Instead, what I'm doing with the sponsor concept is taking the guesswork out of the "where to buy" question, because it is the single most important question that can be asked in this market. Hope this helps,

Denis Danatzko February 2nd, 2007 10:50 AM

Thanks Chris...one last ?...

Sorry to bother...didn't find answer to this in the FAQs.

I also saw mention that getting to the sponsors' sites s/b done through special links. How do I get those links, or are those the links listed in the "Sponsors" link in the blue banner at the top of the page?

Chris Hurd February 2nd, 2007 11:03 AM

Yep, the Sponsors link in the blue nav bar, top right of any page. Thanks,