Purchasing from sponsors at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Your direct line to authorized DVi software and equipment vendors.

Old July 13th, 2007, 10:58 AM   #1
Major Player

Location: Central North Carolina (Raleigh, Durham, & surrounding areas)
Purchasing from sponsors

Has anyone thought about some way to search all the DVInfonet sponsor's sites at once for a certain piece of equipment or supplies? Would it be a difficult thing for one of you web type gurus to create?

The reason I'm asking, is that I'm currently looking for a back-up wireless mic system, and I'd like to purchase it from one of the sponsors. However, I'm too busy (read: lazy) to search through all the different sites, one at a time.

Or, maybe we could have a place here on the net for "Want to buy", where the sponsors could respond to us?

I'm just thinking out loud...

Thanks!

Mark
Old July 13th, 2007, 12:49 PM   #2
Wrangler

No, haven't thought about it.

But now that I have...it ain't gonna happen. Not all sponsors have all of their wares and prices listed in an online self-serve store. Some use email and phone for much of their business; each sponsor has its own style of customer service; they aren't one size fits all. Even if they all did 100% of their business as pure e-store, I don't see any reason for them to go to the effort to have their inventories kept on on someone else's web site.

Also ain't gonna happen that you post online that you want a new bit of hardware and all the e-tailers come courting you with a quote.

Case in point: in the time you took to write your post, you could've contacted a sponsor or two and been done with it!
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:09 PM   #3
Major Player

Location: Central North Carolina (Raleigh, Durham, & surrounding areas)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Bauer View Post
... in the time you took to write your post, you could've contacted a sponsor or two and been done with it!
Yeah, I know. I thought about that as I typed. But I know this won't be my only purchase, and I just wanted some feedback on the idea... Thanks!
Old July 13th, 2007, 10:56 PM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Holland View Post
The reason I'm asking, is that I'm currently looking for a back-up wireless mic system, and I'd like to purchase it from one of the sponsors. However, I'm too busy (read: lazy) to search through all the different sites, one at a time.
I can implement a system for you on this for the low price of only $12,000.

It's great being lazy.... if you can afford the price tag.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors