Samsung UHD and Mac Mini 2012? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema
Various topics: HD, UHD (2K / 4K) Digital Cinema acquisition to distribution.

Old December 23rd, 2014, 11:35 AM   #1
Major Player

Samsung UHD and Mac Mini 2012?

I found a Samsung 6900 UHD 40" for leas than 400€
The size is perfect for my needs as I was looking for a monitor of that size for my 2012 Mac Mini but I am not sure about many things.

1. Does a tv work has well (quality, definition, contrast ...) as a monitor?
2. My Mac Mini has only a Tb1 or an HDMI 1.4 (I think) so I can get 4k only at 30hz and not 60hz. Will I get it?
3. If I can't get UHD30hz will I be able to get resolutions I am sure Mac Mini does like 2560x1080? How do these tv react on what is an interpolation?
4. I am afraid none of the above will work and I will have to use it just in HD so the only 4k use I'll be able to do is render a file, put it on a usb3.0 key, and plug it in the tv. What is the maximum quality I can render 4k files to view through the usb 3.0 port of the TV. Is the USB3.0 bandwidth the limit or is it the tv processor speed the limit?
Marcello Mazzilli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema