Helping Hands from 2004 - Page 13 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old April 6th, 2004, 12:11 PM   #181
Major Player

<<What exactly do you need in Utah? E-mail me with specifics.>>

Hi Rob. I planned on getting into more specifics here depending on the response. One project is a film on the Olympics, another is for an interactive DVD project for an international client. All of the shooting I'd be looking for would be easy setup, no sound, no talent, B-roll, background pickup. The Salt Lake shoot would be 2 locations fairly close together.

How close are you? What are you shooting with? If I don't find anyone, could you run to Abu Dhabi <g>?
Old April 6th, 2004, 12:18 PM   #182
Major Player

Check your e-mail please.
Old April 8th, 2004, 03:54 AM   #183
Regular Crew

Recruiting, Web Development Team

We are currently recruiting graphic/web designing personnel to design motion graphics, logos, website/web store and magazine for a new company based in the world of Indi film making. We are offering deferred payment in the beginning to temporary personnel and even partial ownership of the company to a select few dedicated people who will help make this project succeed.

We are looking lead designers to manage a team and also intermediate designers who wish to gain experience working under a professional. This will be no small undertaking, we will begin on research that may last up to 2 months as we find out what can and cannot be done. Development time is yet to be determined however the goal is to have the Web Site officially open within 6 months.

Please Send Inquiries, resumes, links to previous work, and all questions or comments to: Kris.mallory@prodigy.net

NOTE: this was posted on a few of the "pro" boards but i want everyone to have the opertunity to work on something big. so please feel free to apply or repost this msg on other forums where you think there may be some interested people. thank you.
Old April 8th, 2004, 01:15 PM   #184
Major Player

I'm inclined to say 'less talk more action' or the idea will fizzle away before we've done anything about it. You know, along the lines of pick a day at random and make it regular - like the third Tuesdays (or any day that's not the wammo night). But in reality between my regular job and a freelance contract I've got at the moment I don't have a free evening between now and Memorial Day. So while I'd hate to see the idea fizzle, I can't be the one to push it forward.
Old April 8th, 2004, 03:44 PM   #185
Major Player

OK... action...

I am already having a party on May 1... it is a cast/crew dinner for one project including a showing for that, and later it becomes an open-mic type thing with songwriters (which I do alot) ... I am showing two new films at that party, and any one in the area is welcome to come by and watch or show a short film if they have one.... Email me if you are interested...

As for a discussion-type meeting... what is better for people? Sunday afternoon? Tuesday night? Either works for me... I'd say lets get something going in the next three weeks...

BTW, I am still looking for more crew for the 48 hour film fest May 7-9... any takers? Would love an experienced sound person, light person, PA, .... but would take anyone eager with attention to detail and positive disposition... We have put together a really good group for that... it will be fun.
Old April 8th, 2004, 06:20 PM   #186
Regular Crew

hey barry, don't forget about us baltimore folk! i would also like to come to one of these meetings and i have a few film student friends who might want to come down for a meet and greet as well.
Old April 9th, 2004, 08:00 AM   #187
New Boot

Barry:

Count me in for Tuesdays and for May 1... and, if you like, I'll bring our first short film for viewing.
Old April 9th, 2004, 01:50 PM   #188
Inner Circle

I don't know about May 1, might be down in FL that weekend, but Tuesdays are alright for me. Just pick one or two each month.

Maybe start a yahoo group? I know the adverts are annoying, and you have to create an account...but its free and easy to maintain. Up side is we can upload photos of different projects (within limits). Down side is poor thread options in the message queue.

Another way would be to find a board (set up like dvifno) that would give us our own forum and place to put small pictures. I know the cow or some other site dedicated to indy film might do that.

Any other suggestions are welcome. I'm just trying to get ideas rolling.
Old April 9th, 2004, 02:07 PM   #189
Major Player

I'm down in Richmond VA, but often travel to D.C. on weekends and could probably attend an event or two.

I also have a small collection of toys to bring to the party and am interested in working with a group of like-minded, dedicated members on their projects and maybe hopefully enlisting their help on some of my projects as well.

I'll make sure to keep an eye on this thread to see what develops. Hope I get a chance to meet you guys soon!

-Timothy Brown
Old April 10th, 2004, 05:18 PM   #190
Major Player

Texas checking in here.

Have a GL2, which matched the XL1s pretty well.
Old April 11th, 2004, 05:03 PM   #191
New Boot

OK, so i'll sweeten the pot.

I'd be willing to start working for free on the right project.

I.E. -- I'd like to learn more about CC, Scopes, Avid Unity, Film Editing on NLE's.

Thanks,
J
Old April 11th, 2004, 05:06 PM   #192
Trustee

Looking for DP and camera operator in greater NY area

DP and Camera Operator needed for a 30-sec. spec ad shoot April 25th.

Will shoot using HD camera in NYC or Northern NJ.

Add HD commercial experience to your resume!

Some pay; food; non-union only please.

Must be familiar with the limitations of digital video.

Experience with JVC JY-HD10 a plus.

Please register at FancyFlix.com as soon as possible.

(If you are reading this *after* April 24, you can still register at the same site for our *upcoming* projects... we're planning a 15-minute HD short film soon.)
Old April 12th, 2004, 03:41 PM   #193
Major Player

Tuesdays work for me generally, as soon as my extra work wraps up. Not sure about May 1, at this point I'm living week to week. I'll try to make it thogh.

Smile,
Kris
Old April 12th, 2004, 04:34 PM   #194
Regular Crew

URGENT: Looking for a XL1S / DSR-250 / other pro camera owner in London, Uk

Im running an event at a top London nightclub this Thursday and am looking for a XL1S / DSR-250 / other pro camera owner to come down to record parts of the night for promotional use but more over to look good for the event.

There would be a good pay, aswell as transport to + from, drinks, vip area use etc.

Please contact me asap:

Thanks,

Matthew Laskey

07903 138 326, matthew_laskey@hotmail.com
Old April 13th, 2004, 07:54 PM   #195
New Boot

Bryan,

I am located in Dallas and own a DVX100. I am willing to travel. I would like more information. Please email me at dubledwn11@msn.com. Thanks

Matt
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands