Helping Hands from 2004 - Page 25 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old July 25th, 2004, 04:43 PM   #361
Major Player

WANTED: Freelance Videographer (L.A./O.C. based) - PAID position

Premiere Visions is looking for a freelance videographer for various PAID projects from films to special events.

See some of our past work here:
www.CinematographerReels.com

Prospective videographers MUST have the following:
1)Demo Reel or Past Work on DVD, MiniDV or Online
2)Live with in 50 miles of Orange County, CA
3)Fun to work with and passionately creative
4)Professional - reliable, timely and organized
5)Have their own video equipment

Preferance will be given to videographers that own and shoot on a DVX100/DVX100a or other 24p camera.

This is a PAID freelance/per job position. Payment will be negotiated on a per job basis with skill and experience in consideration.

Please include a link to your online demo reel or send a copy on DVD or MiniDV to:

Premiere Visions
120 San Luis Way
Placentia, CA 92870

Email:
BErskine@mail.com
Old July 25th, 2004, 04:46 PM   #362
Major Player

WANTED: Freelance EDITOR (L.A./O.C. based) - PAID position

Premiere Visions is looking for a freelance video editor for various PAID projects from films to special events.

See some of our past work here:
www.CinematographerReels.com

Prospective editors MUST have the following:
1)Demo Reel or Past Work on DVD, MiniDV or Online
2)Live with in 50 miles of Orange County, CA
3)Fun to work with and passionately creative
4)Professional - reliable, timely and organized

Preferance will be given to editors that regularly cut on Sony/Sonic Foundry Vegas software.

This is a PAID freelance/per job position. Payment will be negotiated on a per job basis with skill and experience in consideration.

Please include a link to your online demo reel or send a copy on DVD or MiniDV to:

Premiere Visions
120 San Luis Way
Placentia, CA 92870

Email:
BErskine@mail.com
Old July 27th, 2004, 06:12 PM   #363
New Boot

Pros & Cons

FILMCREW NEEDED

DE LEO PRODUCTIONS INC. is currently in the process of recruiting a full cast and crew for their first DV feature film project called PROS & CONS.

Positions that need to be filled are as follows: Producer, Director Of Photography, Sound Man and Boom Operator, Gaffer, Best Boy, Grip, Script Continuity, Casting, and Lighting.

For all questions regarding the project and all those interested are required to submit a resume via email to:
prosandcons@deleoproductions.com

or contact Joseph E. De Leo at (647)224-1144
Old July 27th, 2004, 11:45 PM   #364
Wrangler

I worked on a movie also called Pros and Cons about 6 years ago, no relation I'm quite sure...!
Old July 28th, 2004, 04:59 AM   #365
New Boot

Fantasy Western in London, UK (26-29th August). Various Crew required (expenses)

I'm looking for the following team members to join my short film that i'll be shooting in the last weekend of August, in locations around London:

- Assistant Producer
- Dop
- Camera Assistant
- Make Up Artist
- Art Director
- Wardrobe
- Continuity
- Runner
- Set Designer/Builder

However, if you're interested in the project and you want to collaborate, I'm more than happy to hear from you!
Just check the website (http://www.milliwaysmovies.com) to read the script or contact olafek@mac.com for more information.
The commitment involves few pre-production meetings in some nice pub somewhere in London, just to know each other and decide what's the best way to work together!

I will (very probably) shooting on Canon Xl1 with the Mini35 adapter, with 35mm lenses.
One day in a studio with a green screen, and two days outside (locations to be confirmed).

The Story: in the city of Sourwater nobody dies anymore. People get hurt, but they don't die. Only Roland, a gunslinger, knows the truth. And he wants to find Adam Mortimer, his old employer, who seems to be connected with whatever is happening in the town, and who stole his dying girlfriend...

It is a self-funded project and the positions are on an unpaid collaborative basis, but I offer to pay the expenses plus food and a copy of the short on DVD. I can agree on a small fee if you have your own gear and you want to use it.
Enthusiasm and energy essential :)
http://www.milliwaysmovies.com
Old July 28th, 2004, 05:36 AM   #366
Inner Circle

trying to find the almost totality of a cinema crew one month before the start of the film seems pretty.... optimistic ?
too bad i am too far, i would join with pleasure.
Old July 28th, 2004, 06:24 AM   #367
New Boot

<<<-- Originally posted by Giroud Francois : trying to find the almost totality of a cinema crew one month before the start of the film seems pretty.... optimistic ?
too bad i am too far, i would join with pleasure. -->>>

I was unlucky. I had people working with me, but for some reason or another, they couldn't help me anymore. Well, shit happens, they say :)

I post this ad in some UK mailing list, and so far I was quite surprised by the amount of people that answered me in just 24hr!
London is a city full of people that want to be part of some film/video projects, and, due to the personal nature of this project, I don't mind working with people just out of movie schools or without much experience. I'm more than happy to see the project finished!
http://www.milliwaysmovies.com
Old July 28th, 2004, 04:59 PM   #368
New Boot

PROS & CONS

Lol..there is no relation, I assure you.

Joseph
Old July 29th, 2004, 12:10 PM   #369
Major Player

closed

Position filled, thanks for those who showed interest.
Old July 29th, 2004, 11:30 PM   #370
Major Player

Guess you don't need the help anymore? I am available if you do, and you pass along the shoot info early enough. Thx
Old July 29th, 2004, 11:32 PM   #371
Major Player

Were you able to de-interlace your footage? If not, I can still help out.
Old August 3rd, 2004, 01:48 AM   #372
Major Player

Applying for first job...

Okay, well I was originally planning to go to Full Sail this year, but now I cant afford it. So I'm planning on going to a local news station and applying for a job to learn the ropes and eventually work my way up to either an editor or camera op (I know this takes years so I'm ready for it). But I'm not exactly sure how the system works...when I go, should I apply for Production Assistant? What are the chances of getting hired with no experience? Has anyone done the same thing before? Thanks in advance.
Old August 3rd, 2004, 02:22 AM   #373
Slash Rules!

Are you in a large city, or a small town? When I was considering this route, I was always told I'd have to move somewhere relatively small (I'm in Houston), and work there for like 2-3 years doing whatever it is I like (camerawork, for instance), and then, when you're good, you come back to the big city. Really, really, tough to start in the big city in those positions, editor and camera op. It's been done, but you have to be persistent like a sonofabitch to do it.

I know the position most young'uns (are you a young'un?) get hired in is called AP, (I think it stands for associate producer, or something like that). This position entails pulling scripts from the printer machine for the anchors to read on air, operating the teleprompter, and maybe a little writing? The thing is, according to my friend who did this for at least a year at our local CBS affiliate, that position is designed to groom you into being a new producer. You don't want to be a news producer, so this probably isn't for you. On the other hand, say you took this gig, and stayed after your shift was over, and came on weekends, whatever, and played on their NLEs and with their cameras, building up a reel of material, and kept applying for every opening in the departments where your interests lie, it could happen. Happened to another young'un at our Fox affiliate. He came in while he was in high school, on weekends and stuff, and played and played on the NLEs, and was eventually asked to fill in when someone else was sick or something, and parlayed that into a full-time job there.

Something else I just thought of, is community colleges. If they have a media department, or a TV station (for instance, in Houston, we now have HCCTV, HOuston Community College Television), they might hire you on on a freelance basis, start you operating the camera on multi-cam shoots, and let you work your way up to field shooting and editing packages. I was on this route 'til they cut their budget. Places like that'll hire less experienced, possibly even INEXPERIENCED people.

Good luck, hope some of this information is correct.
Old August 3rd, 2004, 03:04 AM   #374
Major Player

Thanks Josh.

I'm 18 years old and I live in Ft. Myers Florida wich isnt a small town, but its also not a huge city, if you catch my drift.
Old August 3rd, 2004, 04:30 AM   #375
Slash Rules!

No problem. Also consider an internship, if they'll have you. Good way to do what i was talking about before. . .play with all their crap and learn how to do what they do. Could lead to a job, as well, though it's no guarantee.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands