Helping Hands from 2004 - Page 26 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old August 3rd, 2004, 08:15 AM   #376
Inner Circle

Josh's advice is mostly correct. I must add however, on a personal note, that I started in Television as a cameraman at Channel 39 in Houston, which at the time, was the largest independent TV station in the nation. We also had the largest studios in Houston. I was 18, and in College full time. I worked full time as a cameraman as well (4pm to midnite).

Yeah, it was a hell of a load and very intense. This was in 1974/75

How did I get the job?

I asked for it. Well... to be honest, I wanted to be newsman. (I was majoring in photojournalism... photography ) I wrote a nice letter to the news director, and asked for a job. They told me they had a positon open for "Trainee Cameraman" and I took it.

To shorten my long and checkered job history... I moved from cameraman to audio to directing to on-air voice overs eventually leaving TV and going into Radio (also at a major market station here in Houston).

Long story short, I have worked professionally in "The Media" for all of my life. Moving back and forth between TV, Radio, Film, and Theatre depending on what opportunites arose. Basically my philosphy is "The more you can do, the more you WILL do." Listen to Josh - Take advantage of EVERY opportunity to learn new skills. Lighting, switching, editing, still photography, computer graphics. Because a company will hire someone with multiple talents over someone with limited talents. Besides, if someone is sick or missing, you will be ready to jump over, and "up" the food chain.

Good luck.
Old August 3rd, 2004, 11:54 AM   #377
Slash Rules!

see? There you go.
Old August 4th, 2004, 05:58 AM   #378
Major Player

Mark - I'm in Erie, PA, an hour and a half out of Buffalo. I might
be able to help you out if you have no luck, I have a XL1 and an
XL1S.
Old August 4th, 2004, 01:27 PM   #379
New Boot

short film tentative date September

Hello Myron,

I will be shooting a shortfilm in the next few months. If you are interested, send me an email at sac@sacmars.com

Thanks

Arthur
Old August 6th, 2004, 06:03 AM   #380
Major Player

Cleveland, Erie, Buffalo, Pittsburgh

Available in these areas on weekends. Want to help/learn on
any kind of project. Have a Canon XL1s & XL1.
Old August 6th, 2004, 12:47 PM   #381
Regular Crew

Can't wait for The Dark Tower to get made? If I was in London I would show up -- sadly I am in California.
Old August 6th, 2004, 02:32 PM   #382
Wrangler

Nice story Olaf. If I ever get across the pond, I'd love to help out.
Old August 7th, 2004, 11:34 AM   #383
Regular Crew

Canon Xl1s camera owner required UK

We have a succesful wedding video/photography business and are looking for a Canon Xl1s owner in the Derbyshire area of UK to help out on the odd occasion as an extra camera operator for some of our bigger weddings and to cover for holidays, obviously a good working knowledge of the camera is required and preferably some experience at weddings. You must also be well presented as we aim for the higher end of the market. If you are interested then please contact me by email. I will require a showreel of your work for consideration.
Old August 8th, 2004, 05:23 PM   #384
New Boot

Toronto --Director, DOP, Crew Wanted

Production: Good Cookin (Short film)
Employer: Auraseer Entertainment

Duration: 3 day shoot, tentatively scheduled for September.
Auraseer Entertainment Corporation is currently seeking crew for a commercial short film (comedy) entitled “Good Cookin,” which will be shooting early fall 2004 (tentatively scheduled for September, 3 day shoot). Good Cookin is the story of a young man who must save his mother’s life when an ex-convict breaks into their apartment and threatens to kill her.

Positions Required: Director, Cinematographer/DOP, Assistant Director (AD), Script Clerk/Continuity Director, Gaffer/Electrician, Sound Person, Location Manager, Costume Designer/Wardrobe, Prop person, Makeup, a few Production Assistants. Passion, dedication and previous experience a must. Indicate if you have any production equipment available for use.

We’re looking for the right people to join our team. This opportunity may lead to future paid projects. Great experience, great exposure. This short will be aggressively marketed online, to film festivals, and key players in the entertainment industry.

Payment is on a lo/no/deferred basis.

Send your cover letter, resume and demo reel to sac@sacmars.com, or you can mail it to

Creditview Postal Outlet
Auraseer Entertainment Corporation
P.O. Box 12013
Mississauga, ON L5C 4R7
Old August 10th, 2004, 09:32 AM   #385
Major Player

F/X Artist wanted

I am looking for an F/X artist (not CGI) in the NJ/NY area. Email at gcgipsonNOSPAM@yahoo.com (remove NOSPAM)
Old August 10th, 2004, 12:59 PM   #386
Regular Crew

I am shooting this weekend...

we are going to be shooting Saturday morning at 5am-1pm(roughly)

if you are interested let me know

Old August 10th, 2004, 01:01 PM   #387
Regular Crew

interested. I will be sending my info tomorrow
Old August 10th, 2004, 01:15 PM   #388
Major Player

You are offering no pay but want experienced people only.......

hmm...

I'd love to give it a shot, but I guess I don't qualify.
Old August 10th, 2004, 01:28 PM   #389
Regular Crew

Mark did you get my Demo?
Old August 10th, 2004, 03:06 PM   #390
Wrangler

Dixon, California, next Spring

I'll be producing an Every 15 Minute video for Dixon High School and the California Highway Patrol sometime in the Spring of 2005.

This is a video that is taped in the morning and shown at a school assembly the next morning.

An automobile wreck is staged in which a student dies, two are seriously injured and the driver is arrested for drunk driving. During the rescue operation, the automobile is normally cut apart and reduced to scrap. Each student has very realistic looking wounds applied by makeup artists.

The deceased student is toe-tagged, placed in a body-bag, into the coroner;s hearse and taken to the morgue where they are wheeled into the chiller.

The driver is placed in the police car and taken to jail and locked in after processing.

One injured student is placed in a helicopter and flown to Sacramento where the student dies on the table. The students parents come into the OR after the student dies and enact the expected scenario. The one less seriously injured student is transported to Sacramento by ambulance.

Video teams follow each student except the team covering the trauma hospital is already in-place to tape everything from arrival to parent's reactions. Each video team then interviews the student(s) afterwards to get their reactions and what they learned.

One camera team will be at the UC Davis trauma hospital in Sacramento, one team will start at the accident site and follow the arrestee to the Dixon police department, one team will follow the fatality to the County Morgue and two teams will stay at the high school to follow all the action.

Anyone who is interested in making some money (it isn't a large budget affair but it will be worth your while) contact me in the next 90 days or so.

Requirements: Experienced in shooting/recording events that cannot be repeated and are fast-moving. Clear video and sound are important in a documentary style.

You can shoot with your camera or mine. I use PD-150's and other tools.

Hospital, Morgue, and PD are away from the school and will be handled by a 2-person team . . . camera person and sound person.

Dixon is about 22 miles South of Sacramento on Interstate 80.

To work for me you will have to register with my temp employer so you will be covered by insurance. That won't cost you anything (although they do deduct taxes) but it takes an hour or two as you have to appear at one of their offices to prove that you have the right to work in the US.

You will be working for about 4 hours. Pay depends on position and experience and whether you are using your equipment or mine. You will also receive a copy of the finished video.

email me at mike.dvi@byvideo.com
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands