Helping Hands from 2004 - Page 30 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old August 26th, 2004, 03:22 PM   #436
Regular Crew

Hello San Diego

I just moved to San Diego, CA from the horrible state of Maryland. Anyway, I'm looking to get involved with film out here and was wondering if anyone knew of any projects or production companies that need help. Besides my talent, I have a VX2100, AT-897, ZR-80 for my editing deck and am about to buy a new G5 with the new Apple production suite bundle. Let me know of anything. Thanks!
Old August 26th, 2004, 04:23 PM   #437
Wrangler

The film is up for viewing--see this thread

(let's post comments, follow-ups there. Thanks!)
Old August 28th, 2004, 10:55 PM   #438
New Boot

I am here and an somewhat settled. The offer still stands.
Old August 29th, 2004, 09:50 AM   #439
New Boot

Anyone with an HD10 in Chicago

I was just wondering who had a HD10 in Chicago for a short possibly being shot in October. Email me if interested at lkd_852003@yahoo.com
Old August 30th, 2004, 05:57 PM   #440
Trustee

Wanted: Training in South Florida

I’m looking for some one to help ( will pay)with training on camera and/or lighting.I have an audio background, and have done some video projects ( docu, animation). My partner ( girlfriend) works with Premiere,etc. I’d like to also find someone you can train in Vegas.
Presently I’m upgrading my gear and trying to learn more.( GL1, at897,Bogen 532ART, Bogen 505,Senn g2, etc.)
Bruce S. Yarock
www.yarock.com
yarock@aol
Old August 31st, 2004, 09:59 PM   #441
Tourist

Footage

Hey anyone out there? I am shooting an Indie film about a man that moves from Chicago to Mississippi. I am shooting with the XL1-s. I need some coverage shots of the city of Chicago. If there's anyone that can help please e-mail me at ravenpro@bellsouth.net

Thank You
Ron Harris
Old September 1st, 2004, 12:44 AM   #442
New Boot

Production Service in Thailand and SE Asia

Hi,

Just wanting to let you folks know if you need any work done or equipment rentals in Thailand and SE Asia, we can help you out.

We have a Sony 570 WSL and a Canon XL1s, both PAL, available to work on any projects as well as a small Lowell lighting kit.

Also, we have a full editing station and sound recording equipment that works especially well for Voice Over.

We have the access to any other equipment that we may not have. I use Thai, as well as ex-pat crews for translation and production support depending upon the needs and budget of any project.

if you have any questions, drop me an email; dlfisher42@mac.com or david@bkkprods.com

Thanks,
David
Old September 1st, 2004, 11:54 PM   #443
Regular Crew

Looking for some extra talent in Long Island/NYC Area-Non Paid.

I am currently in the planning/preproduction stage of filming an indie film on Long Island.

I have started auditions for actors(nonpaid) for the project.

I have one main camera person and a one for backup. The main camera being is used is a GL2 with a Sony TRV-950 to get additional angles and as backup, until we get a Panasonic DX100.

I was wondering if anyone who has their own video equipment or sound equipment would be interested in getting some more hands on experience or just would be willing to donate some of there time.

I'd like to find a sound person, boom mike operator (who has a boom mic), lighting and possibly an extra camera person.

Here is a quick rundown of the project along with the domain for the film.

Non-Union. Director: Hal Wolin. Director/Writer looking for casting for small low budget Independent film.

Shooting will be performed on Long Island, 2 days a week. Friday and Saturday Nights starting some time in mid-late September.

For Information on the Script:

http://www.acoupledays.com
Old September 2nd, 2004, 04:33 AM   #444
Regular Crew

need shooter in Austin 9/10/04: paid gig

I may need a shooter in Austin on September 10th. It will be a most of the day shoot at a convention, including a couple of interviews. There is pay, but I am embarrassed that it is so little -- $200 plus tapes. If anyone's interested, please let me know. Many thanks.
Old September 2nd, 2004, 12:59 PM   #445
Regular Crew

Crew Needed for Music Video -- DC/MD/VA 10/22-23

I'm looking for crew members for a music video to be shot in the DC/MD/VA area on Friday--October 22, Saturday--October 23, and possibly Sunday--October 24. _This is a no-pay gig, but meals and a finished DVD will be provided. _At this point, I'm looking for all positions and would love to have a second DVX100 owner-operator. _Also looking for a producer or other folks to help with pre-production. This is going to be a fun shoot with a chance to bring some of your creativity and enthusiasm to the table. _ Email me at xtol7@yahoo.com if you're interested or would like some more info. Thanks.
_
Barry
Old September 2nd, 2004, 01:03 PM   #446
Inner Circle

Hey,

Just shoot me the info at info@droptodesign.com I'm not sure what I'll be doing at that point, but I could possibly do a day or so. I have a GL2 fyi.
Old September 2nd, 2004, 02:01 PM   #447
New Boot

Hey

Hey Barry, I see how it is, you got a project going, and you don't even tell me. Anyway, I should be able to help you then, though, we'll scheduled to complete the final scene of Bottle around that time. Also, I wanted to know what your schedule is for the weekend of 09/25, that's the date for the one day shoot of The Cemetery see info at www.anthonyfaust.com, I'm producing. My current camera guy has two of the cameras you want I believe. See, you should always holla at your boy! And the guy specializes in music videos so holla at me, and I just will be able to jump and help you out like you did for me.

Don't be a stranger now.
Kenny
Old September 2nd, 2004, 02:46 PM   #448
New Boot

Need help on many fronts...in Baltimore

Hi everyone, this is a general post for all the areas I'm looking for help.

1. Looking for a location to use for a Police Interrogation Room, need the location to shoot the final scenes needed to complete my short film: Bottle of Secrets (see preview @ www.cladiya.com) which brings me to...

2. Need help with webdesign. If you visited the page, you can see nothing is up in terms of info. I was able to get to that point with a friend, but got caught up with a bunch of other things and projects...and that's how it's been ever since. And with my film not completed, I'm not really motived to get the website completely done, however, I don't mind someone (preferrably local that's willing to help me out for free or next to nothing)

3. Currently producing a short film The Cemetery (www.anthonyfaust.com) that will be filming 09/25-26 in Baltimore county. I'm looking for a sound person that has their own equipment and is willing to work for free. Meals/credit/copy of work will be provided.

4. Finally, I currently finishing up the script for my next short which is tentatively scheduled to begin filming this Fall. However, Art Direction is crucial in making the story and concept work, and I'm looking for an Art Director/Set Decorator/Costumer etc. Also looking for a co-producer to work with me on this project. I'm looking for people to fill these positions early to assist me during this pre-production stage.

Everyone is encouraged to offer their help, but I'll prefer locally based people, as I've come to learn that meeting are very vital in this business, and the closer your team is, the better for your project.

Please anyone interest should email me kemeson@wrallp.com or kemeson@hotmail.com Let me know what your interests are or in what capacity you wish to offer your help.

Thank you everyone.
Old September 2nd, 2004, 02:48 PM   #449
Regular Crew

Kenny,

Dude, you're too fast :-). I'm sending out my emails today and tonight. I wanted to write some thing a little longer or call you so we can catch up. It would be monster if you could help me out on this one and I'll help on anything of yours as long as I'm open. I'll call you.

Barry
Old September 3rd, 2004, 10:21 PM   #450
Wrangler

Hey Charles,

I really enjoyed watching that. It definitely rings true of how candidates will do or say anything to get your vote. Great job!

regards,

-gb-
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands