Helping Hands from 2004 - Page 39 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old October 30th, 2004, 08:34 PM   #571
Regular Crew

Hi Stephen,
What a great piece of information you provided for me. I currently hold a teachers license, and I dont think it will be too hard to get my daughters school to be my sponser. Many thanks for your tip. I will let you know what kind of results I get.

Thanks again,
Rick

p.s. If anyone wants to donate any old gear please write me, I will pay the shipping costs for all donated gear.
Old October 30th, 2004, 08:38 PM   #572
Regular Crew

Hey Stephen,
I am a transplanted New Yorker. I moved down to south florida 3 years ago.

I still get calls from NYC from folks looking for video services. That being said, please tell me where you are located, and the type of video work you shoot.

Maybe I can refer some work up there to you. I had a few double booked weddings in NY this past season. I was lucky enough to get coverage for the ones I could not personally shoot.

I still travel back up to NYC to cover most of the calls I get, but if I get a shooter that I can trust, I would probably take less trips up there.

Rick
Old November 5th, 2004, 12:02 PM   #573
Major Player

XL2/XL1 Shooter Needed in LA...WA

I've got two interviews segments for a DVD project that I've got to shoot asap (in the next week hopefully). I can't make the schedule work and need someone or a couple of shooters to cover these.

One of the personalities is in LA the other in Washington state. The documentary, aside from the archival footage, is all being shot with the XL2 and I want to keeo these sections consistent.

These would be half day shoots tops and a cool project. Anyone in the LA area or Northwest with an XL2? in a pinch I could live with XL1s footage as well.

email me,
Jim
Old November 6th, 2004, 07:28 AM   #574
Regular Crew

Phoenix Avid/FCP/Premiere Editor needs work

Just moved to Scottsdale, looking for some work, im a shooter, editor, producer, graphic designer, jack of all trades. email me at: sdandrus@hotmail.com thanks!
Old November 6th, 2004, 06:31 PM   #575
Regular Crew

Shoot your movie in NYC

Nyc Shooter Info
I live in NYC (Chelsea).
I have Pan DVX100ae, lights, mic and boom.
I can shoot your short on weekends.

joyvoitech at yahoo com

See you,
Voytek Stitko

Old November 6th, 2004, 07:31 PM   #576
New Boot

Hello Jim: I would be interested in helping you. I live in Dayton, Washington that is in the eastern part of the state about 4 hours from Seattle. I atended the Los Angeles Film Schools six week digital film course about two years ago and I own a XL1s. Can you email me the details?
Old November 7th, 2004, 06:38 AM   #577
New Boot

Freelance 2D/3D Animator

Freelance Graphic Artist needed for 2D/3D character animator for video shorts in 1st quarter 2005 event production. Looking for out of the box creative type for humorous work in Lightwave, Flash, Poser, After Effects, etc. Applicants will need reel, rate and credentials. job@seansmithmedia.com
Old November 7th, 2004, 06:03 PM   #578
Regular Crew

Need DOP for Film in Mexico using XL2-mini35

Hello,

I will be filming a full length feature in Mexico for three weeks, from February 7-26 using a PAL XL2 and mini35. I am in need of a Director of Photography. Experience with the mini35 is important, but more necessary is a good command of lighting and composition. I will supply the camera and adaptor, and have a Glidecam V-16 and a 3,300 W light package. If you have any equipment besides this to bring to the table (good tripod, flags, silks, c-stands and such), that is a plus.

The film is a pretty big project for its budget, so money is very tight. Monetarily I could offer $1,000 for the 3 weeks (negotiable depending on experience). Mostly I can offer some very exciting filming locations across the Yucatan peninsula (huge abandoned ranch houses which I'm enhancing with false fronts, beautiful Haciendas, a beautiful "Hipico," a place where people train with horses (jumping obstacles, etc) with lush gardens and awesome stables, 18th century stone churches, Colonial cities, etc), some great actors commited to the project, a good script, and an exciting movie to be a part of--one that will hopefully succeed commercially and artistically and become a great resume calling card and a good experience.

The script is in Spanish, dialogue will be in Spanish mostly, with some sections in Belizean English and Mayan. Its target market is the USA though, through international festivals.

The film is a big movie: expansive locations, very dramatic moments for actors, characters seen through many stages of life, some pyrotechnics, some gunplay, some greenscreen, many small parts, different languages... and $23,000 to do it (besides a $14,000 loan for equipment). Its a great story, modesty apart. Its certaily no run-of-the-mill indy film, its a story of high ambitions, epic sentiment.

About myself: I have written and directed 2 short films in 16mm, this is my first feature and my first venture with miniDV. I graduated Cum Laude at the University of Miami in 1997 with a degree in Literature and Film. I have tried to get this film, my dream project, done for 7 years as a 35mm movie, and have recently decided do it in miniDV, putting all my life savings for it.

The crew will be very small but commited, some of them will be communications students (there's no film school in my home state), everybody except for me, the main cast, the DP, Sound Man, the gun property master and maybe a couple more key positions will be people eager but inexperienced.

The film is a fantasy/drama/adventure movie about two reunited twins, a brother and sister, who were very close in childhood but were separated and have led very different lives in different countries, when a catastrophic event brings them together in a very intense and moving adventure.

Please contact me for more details at: florlindafilms@hotmail.com

Thank you very much

Alejandro Cano
Flor Linda Films
Old November 7th, 2004, 11:21 PM   #579
Regular Crew

i have emailed you....let me know you got it.

www.zenimage.com
Marc Sacco
Old November 8th, 2004, 12:52 PM   #580
Major Player

I'd like to Doug but you don't allow email responsed from dvinfo, and you didn't give me an email address.
Old November 8th, 2004, 12:59 PM   #581
New Boot

Hello Jim,
Sorry about that. dougsapp@msn.com
Old November 9th, 2004, 02:06 AM   #582
Regular Crew

XL-2 Shooter in AZ

If you need a shooter, shoot me a line.
Old November 10th, 2004, 04:39 AM   #583
Regular Crew

Looking for some editing assistance.

Hi There, I'm looking for someone who has some spare time to do some editing for movie reviews on a website project. The person will get credit for their help and contribution.

If your interested please PM me as soon as possible.

Cheers.
Old November 10th, 2004, 04:38 PM   #584
Major Player

I'm close by also, what's up?
Old November 11th, 2004, 12:11 AM   #585
Wrangler

I was born there, but then I got smart and moved to Vancouver.
:)

j/k

mostly....
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands