Helping Hands from 2004 - Page 43 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old December 1st, 2004, 11:56 PM   #631
Tourist

Sony FX1 available for test/rent in Southern California

Just wanted to let everyone in SoCal know that I am making my Sony FX1 available for rent for anyone that wants to do some thorough testing of this camera.

So far the results have been amazing from what I have shot. I think once Lumiere releases the FX1 support, we will have a solid camera/workflow.

For members of this forum, Ill make a discounted rate. Email for more info at sky@amorgen.com

Also more info at http://www.amorgen.com

Thanks!
Old December 3rd, 2004, 09:20 AM   #632
Regular Crew

Looking for help in Baltimore/DC (again!)

Getting ready to start pre production on a short titled "old friends"
it's a story of a successful buisness executive, richard, who runs in to someone he used to know in highschool while waiting for his train to work.
The chance meeting puts richard in a terifiying and seemingly imposable situation.

I'm taking resumes from anyone who would like to help out. Here is the Crew Call at Mandy.com:

http://www.mandy.com/1/jobs3.cfm?v=9251790

I've also posted an actor's call on actornews.com
2 Male roles late 20s early 30s
1 femal role late 20s early 30's

This is a short script and shouldn't take more than a weekend to do, I'm aiming for the last weekend in january. That's asuming we can fill all the vital crew positions and equipment reqirurements.

If anyone wants to read the script, apply for a crew position, cast position, etc. etc. send me an email at:

krismallory@gmail.com
Old December 3rd, 2004, 11:14 PM   #633
Regular Crew

Shooter/Editor need work in Phoenix area

Hello,

Just moved to Scottsdale, I have edited a feature film and award wining short films. Also Technical Director for live TV. Looking for work, Thanks!

sdandrus@hotmail.com
Old December 5th, 2004, 07:57 PM   #634
Major Player

Renting in London Ontario Canada?

Anybody know of anyplace around London, Ontario Canada that will rent out a Canon GL2 or XL1S for a day?
Old December 5th, 2004, 08:19 PM   #635
Major Player

Edcom. Meadowbrook drive.
I'm not sure which brands are in their current stable ... they were on a dvx100 kick for a while...
The banner at the top of their website shows the lens of an xl1s.
Old December 8th, 2004, 08:46 PM   #636
Regular Crew

DP Needed for Short Filming In Southern Cali

Our production is in need of a DP that has used or is familiar with a XL1/mini35 setup. Most likely we'll be getting a XL2 before we do principle shooting. Someone with experience in working with blue/green screen is a plus, for the story will be FX driven. It's gonna be a three day shoot ... some sound stage and outdoor shots. If interested you can email me (gbtracklight@tmail.com) and we can go over the particulars. The producer/writer's vision is bigger then the budget so creativity is gonna be key..... Yes, it's a paying gig. Thanks
Old December 9th, 2004, 01:25 AM   #637
Regular Crew

All Florida DVX users!

All Florida DVX users!

Movie: We are to shoot a movie titled “MIX IT LIK A RECORD”.

http://www.supersonicstudios.com/

Miami Lakes FL

Movie Website:

http://harddisklife.com/HDL.html

The 3-5 day shoot will take place over a 2 week period 1-5-2005 to 1-25-2005 and will be shot sporadically depending on scheduling variables. Those who commit must be able to be somewhat flexible but we are making every effort to execute the shoot in consecutive days beginning on the 5th.

It will use advanced videography techniques that include multi-camera shooting, dolly & crane shots, cinematic lighting. Needless to say, the audio will rock too.

We are seeking DVX users to participate in the shoot. Those who are chosen will be guaranteed production credits in the movie.

We will base our decisions more on dedication and reliability than anything else. Since the producer and some of the crew are traveling from Seattle WA to FL we can’t afford to work with anyone who might “back out” or be a “no show”. If it’s going to be a maybe for you, we would appreciate that you decline rather than be unsure. If it’s a for sure deal, than welcome aboard! This movie is going to be a lot of fun.

Thank You

Kent

Kagi Media
900 1st Avenue South
Suite #409
Seattle Wa
USA

Phone (206) 625-8681

jkagi@kagimedia.com
http://kagimedia.com
Old December 9th, 2004, 01:18 PM   #638
Regular Crew

Professional Freelance Camera Operator or DV Gear Available in/near San Francisco

Hi ,

I live in SF as a freelance broadcaster. Please check out my bio page to learn more about me, equipment and view a quick demo.

http://timlexuss.tripod.com

thanks again
Old December 9th, 2004, 01:42 PM   #639
Inner Circle

Tim,

We tend to use our real names on this board. THough I'm a big fan of "Shawshank Redemption". (That was the character's name wasn't it? - Andy Dufrain)

I'm down the road in San Mateo...
Old December 9th, 2004, 09:53 PM   #640
Inner Circle

Any pay for this?
Old December 10th, 2004, 11:02 PM   #641
New Boot

NYC area XL1 shooter available

Hello

I'm looking for gigs.

Have XL1, tripod, monopod, Samson wireless system, Lowell lighting kit, on camera lights.

Been shooting professionally 11 years, have reliable car, can travel in NY-tristate area, know it well.

Thanks.

Bob Andren
BA2119@aol.com
914-576-9429
Old December 11th, 2004, 07:15 AM   #642
Regular Crew

Editor in San Diego

I've been doing video-editing for a little over a year. I'm interested in editing jobs. I'm in San Diego. I use IMovie for editing and many who have seen my work are surprised since I'm fairly new at this. I'm open to any type of editing job where I can use my creative talents.
Here is my video home page with many samples of my work...
http://homepage.mac.com/richsheikh/Menu17.html

I did the shooting with a one chip Sony DV camera. I've won some video contests with 2 of my video's. Yes I know that IMovie is an entry level editing software from Mac but its not the software that makes a great video its the creative talent of the editor. If interesed feel free to e-mail me.

Rich
Old December 11th, 2004, 08:13 AM   #643
New Boot

Business Opportunity in South Florida

Hi everyone:

I am a 28 yr. old internet project manager who is looking to leave the corporate world and start an event videography business. I am seeking others who might be interested in working with/for or even becoming my partner in Palm Beach County. I am willing to finance the business, NLE rig, and cameras. I am really looking for a partner or business contact who is:

Quasi-Experienced, may have own business, may just enjoy shooting and want to take it to the next level. Some NLE experience, has contacts already established, and is looking for partner as well. Might just be you have camera, and want to begin shooting events. Should also add that this person should be friendly, outgoing and have a good personality, as they will need to help in the sales and marketing of the business.

Let me know what your thoughts are. I am open for ideas and new concepts.

Look forward to hearing from you.

John
Old December 12th, 2004, 01:16 PM   #644
New Boot

Looking For Videographers For Production Shoot

DBC Productions is currently looking for Videographers to help with our 2005 calendar of Standup comedy shows. We are a small startup comedy looking for camera opereators at any level (No experience OK as we will offer enough shoots to learn). Our basic production days are Friday & Saturday nights. Pay depends on the venue. In most cases we provide meals for staff. If you are in the NYC area, we will provide transportation if you don't have. We also are planning shoots outside of the NY area as well. All interested parties, please reply via email to ssmallsr@diamondbackbroadcasting.com. Please contact for further info. The one demand that is mandatory is that you bring your skills, idea and imagination to the shoots.
Old December 12th, 2004, 10:32 PM   #645
Regular Crew

Samuel,

I'm located in the Lehigh Valley, in PA and I'm willing to travel as needed. I've got a pair of xl-1s cameras with audio and lighting equipment.

drop me a line at mike@mrproductions.org with details!
~Mike
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands