Helping Hands from 2004 - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old February 10th, 2004, 12:12 AM   #76
Regular Crew

What do you need done? Just editing, or effects also?

I might be able to help you out - not in Orlando, but reasonably close. I use After Effects, Final Cut 4, and Commotion.
Old February 11th, 2004, 01:54 PM   #77
Major Player

Seattle, looking for project

Ive been doing little Snowboard films and some other X-games type stuff, but I want to do some sort of feature. I use a Pana DV953 and Vegas4 & Avid Xpress pro.

anybody out there?
Old February 11th, 2004, 03:08 PM   #78
Regular Crew

I live in DC Metro and would definitely be interested in working on projects as time allows. I'm also working on a script and will definitely need some crew this fall. Let me know when you're planning the next meeting.

Barry
Old February 11th, 2004, 10:22 PM   #79
Major Player

Anyone in Dallas want to work on a documentary?......For free?

I think I'm going to put together a plan to shoot a documentary.

The rough details I have right now are:

It would be about 6 months long.

I'd shoot about 2 nights a week.

One night would be in a group meeting setting, the other would be at a person's home.

Each shoot would be about an hour to an hour and a half.

What I need are cameramen. I've got to fill these spots with some folks that would like to work on a documentary.

There's no budget for this, and I might be forced to find local college kids to shoot it, but I'd love to find some serious amateurs or professionals that would like to be involved.

If anyone thinks they'd like to do something like this, please let me know.
Old February 11th, 2004, 11:47 PM   #80
Major Player

Like to help, Bryan, but the commute from Upstate NY would be tough! I'll be calling you over the weekend to discuss our other project - I have some good news!
Old February 12th, 2004, 07:52 AM   #81
Major Player

Sounds good Mike.
Old February 12th, 2004, 08:46 AM   #82
Regular Crew

Hey guys,

I have a shoot for the Fading Legacy documentary in late May in Washington DC. No solid dates and times right now, but I wanted to throw it out in case anyone was interested in helping out.

I won't be able to offer anyone anything in the way of monetary compensation, but credit can be exchanged and you can show off your shooting skills.

If you want more information, e-mail me and we'll talk privately.

In the meantime, try to stay warm up there. :)
Old February 12th, 2004, 02:51 PM   #83
New Boot

DV Shooters Needed Orlando

Searching for DV/MiniDV shooters needed for feature movie being done in Orlando.

What you get:

Full credits on movie.
Breakfast and lunch.
Creative input.

What we are looking for:
Must have equipment. Mic, Camera and possibly light.

Shooting will be 1 or 2 days on the weekend in Orlando.

Please contact me RIGHT AWAY if interested.

I MAY be able to pay a small amount per day.

Thank you
Old February 12th, 2004, 02:59 PM   #84
Regular Crew

Paid Full-Time Production Intern - L.A.

Vacancy: Paid Full-Time Production Intern
Duration: Indefinite, starts Immediately
Full Time Intern needed for fast paced production company.
Responsibilities include: - Answering heavy Phones - Faxing, Copying, Filing - Meet / greet clients - Coordinating courier services - Logging project elements - Client Services - Purchasing office supplies - Generating PO’s - Travel arrangements - Scheduling meetings - Running errands - General office upkeep (kitchen/restrooms)

Qualified candidate:
Experience with heavy phones (multi-line) - Excellent front desk manner - Professional attitude - Organized and multi-task oriented - Reliable & discreet - Team player - Thick skinned - Excellent verbal and written skills - Computer literate & Internet savvy: Microsoft Office; Filemaker Pro a plus.

Start immediately. Full Time Position.

If interested, please fill out our Application Form and fax it back to us.

To get the Application Form online use the following address and fax it to the provided number.

http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/realimg@pacbell.net

On the webpage click on the folder "Assistant Application" and then on the file named "Assistant Application Form". Doing this will open the Application Form with Acrobat Reader.

If you do not have Acrobat Reader, you may right click the link to save the file for later

Print out this application and fax it to us at: 323.221 2111. We will not accept applications by email.

Apply to: Office Manager
Old February 12th, 2004, 03:43 PM   #85
Regular Crew

nice... but the shots of the guy getting shot <no pun intended> look real over exposed. its fine for the POV through the guys goggles, but the others look out of place. did you originally plan to have all the shots of him from the goggles POV?
Old February 12th, 2004, 04:14 PM   #86
Inner Circle

Hey Rob, accross the street from my home in Boca is a guy who was a combat engineer in Pattons 3rd Army. (I think thats what he said). Man does he have some horryfying stories about what happened, especially what the SS troopers did to people. I think he also has photos and memorabilia from that era.

He is also planning on attending the opening of the new WWII memorial when it happens (I think late summer, but not sure).

Really nice guy, lives alone since his wife died a few years ago.
Everyone in the neiborhood likes him and visit him when ever we can.
Old February 12th, 2004, 04:41 PM   #87
Regular Crew

Joe,

Patton's 3rd are responsible for that incredibly fast Allied advance in northern France after D-Day. They went so far, so fast that Allied command told Patton to SLOW DOWN to let the rest of the Allies catch up. They must have seen some amazing, and horrifying things.

Check out the link to the doc to see what it's about. Basically I think that stories like the one your friend shares with you should never be lost, and the doc focuses on what's being done to ensure that.

We'll be there in late May for the dedication ceremonies as well. : )
Old February 12th, 2004, 04:52 PM   #88
Regular Crew

Meeting Soon

hey guys,

just wanted to let you know im still sitting here in spain waiting on a flight back to MD, so if anyone has sent me any messages, that's the reason why i havent responded yet.

anyway.... i should be home soon and would like to host another meeting in the Glen Burnie area. anyone who wishes to join us is welcome. there are no obligations for atending, just a chance to meet people like yourself in the area. please send me some mail and i'll get back to you as soon i get back home.

kris.mallory@prodigy.net

later
Old February 12th, 2004, 09:52 PM   #89
Regular Crew

The exposure and color temp were all done on purpose. Because I shot this with absolutely no money, I only had one costume for each of my actors. The guy getting hit with bullets is the same guy on the radio with the BVGs (ballistic vision goggles). I changed the look of the scene to differentiate location. I also framed out his tell tale helmet and goggle gear as well as flipped the shot horizontally in AFX. This put his canteen and other props on the other side of his body, thus making the same actor/costume read on screen as mortal enemies of an experiment gone wrong. You may not be able to appreciate all of these things watching the web version. Let me know if you want a full res version via Bittorent!
Old February 14th, 2004, 12:06 AM   #90
Regular Crew

anyone in Las Vegas, want to do me a favor?

i need to output something this weekend, and my media box is messed up right now.

anyone in vegas willing to output a video file of mine to miniDV for me? i'll give you some free promo DVD's.. and buy you some beer or something* ..not to mention supply my XL1s and a miniDV to do the transfer on.

(*or rootbeer if you're underage haha)

anyone? adam@adamgeek.com is my email, if you prefer that.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands