Helping Hands from 2009 - Page 16 at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 7th, 2009, 07:29 AM   #226
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 173
Sony EX1 rental in Guatemala City

I'm down in Guatemala City and of all the bags I travelled down here with, the one with my Sony EX1 didn't show. Does anyone know of a camera house in the area where I can rent a EX1?
__________________
Justin
http://www.carlsonmedia.ca
Justin Carlson is offline  
Old June 8th, 2009, 12:42 PM   #227
Tourist
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Troy, NY
Posts: 1
Writing Opportunities for Video Enthusiasts!

Science & Tech site looking for experienced Videographers & Video Editors who are also great writers.

Requirements:
Film makers, videographers & video editors wanted to write for the Digital Video Channel at Bright Hub! Are you experienced with filming, video editing or movie making? Do you enjoy writing, sharing your knowledge with others and participating in a community of peers? You may be the right fit for us! Bright Hub, the leading Hub for science and technology, has a Digital Video Channel with open writer positions. We are looking for experienced videographers who can write about a variety of subjects including software, hardware and video camera reviews, filming tips and tricks, and video editing tutorials. Bright Hub pays $10 per article and also gives 80% of revenue share. If you want to find out more please visit our site to apply; send a writing sample and a paragraph detailing why you would be ideal for the position.

Apply Here:
In order to apply to the Digital Video channel at BrightHub.com please visit: http://www2.brighthub.com/linktracker2/track.asp?l=160

Payment Details:
Payments will be made by either check or paypal for writers located within the United States. Payments made to individuals outside the United States will be done through paypal.
Carly Smith is offline  
Old June 8th, 2009, 08:22 PM   #228
Trustee
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 1,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly Smith View Post
Science & Tech site looking for experienced Videographers & Video Editors who are also great writers.

Requirements:
Film makers, videographers & video editors wanted to write for the Digital Video Channel at Bright Hub! Are you experienced with filming, video editing or movie making? Do you enjoy writing, sharing your knowledge with others and participating in a community of peers? You may be the right fit for us! Bright Hub, the leading Hub for science and technology, has a Digital Video Channel with open writer positions. We are looking for experienced videographers who can write about a variety of subjects including software, hardware and video camera reviews, filming tips and tricks, and video editing tutorials. Bright Hub pays $10 per article and also gives 80% of revenue share. If you want to find out more please visit our site to apply; send a writing sample and a paragraph detailing why you would be ideal for the position.

Apply Here:
In order to apply to the Digital Video channel at BrightHub.com please visit: http://www2.brighthub.com/linktracker2/track.asp?l=160

Payment Details:
Payments will be made by either check or paypal for writers located within the United States. Payments made to individuals outside the United States will be done through paypal.
Wow. $10 per article. I'm going to spend 4hrs writing a review for $10! Sign me up.

(Sorry, I'm a bit edgy today after some pushy prospective clients tried a similar pitch with a "you work for basically free + exposure + some odd percentage that we secretely determine").
Jason Robinson is offline  
Old June 8th, 2009, 11:18 PM   #229
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 88
really, $10..? Why even mention it. It's insulting. What kind of writing do you expect for that?
Too many companies are trying to acquire content for nothing, don't be another one. Hire writers if you need content, if you can't afford them then you can't afford content.
Luke Tingle is offline  
Old June 9th, 2009, 03:57 AM   #230
Trustee
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cornsay Durham UK
Posts: 1,941
My new panasonic HPX-301 is really dead good and makes some nice pictures!

Can I have my $10 now???
__________________
Over 15 minutes in Broadcast Film and TV production: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1044352/
Gary Nattrass is offline  
Old June 9th, 2009, 02:47 PM   #231
Sponsor: Abel CineTech
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 360
2 Job Opening At AbelCineTech in NYC

Hey guys

Gregger Jones, one of our salesmen at AbelCineTech in NYC, is moving to work at our new Chicago office. This is a great move for Gregger and we all wish him the best of luck. This also means that we now have an opening for his position. Additionally we have a job opening for a Inventory Administrator. We are a very fun company to work at, and I'd love to see a DVInfo member get the job. Below are the postings from out site:

DV Sales Agent - Abel NY

Abel Cine Tech is a leading camera equipment supplier to the motion picture and broadcast industries. Our New York City facility in the West Village is currently seeking a DV Sales Agent to join our department staff. The concentration of this position is on the sales of our most popular lines of cameras and accessories in the HD, HDV and DV marketplace from manufacturers such as the Panasonic, Sony, JVC, Canon equipment.

This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic, hard working individual to participate in our exciting and fast paced company.

* Learning proper terminology and technical details to aid with sales of the variety of products we offer
* Providing excellent customer service to our walk-in clientele as well as handling phone sales
* Keeping track of inventory on showroom floor
* Contacting existing and potential customers
* Achieving and exceeding monthly sales goals
* Assisting with organization of the showroom and keeping the sales floor neat
* Providing informative demonstrations on the various features of our products

Requirements for the successful applicant:

* Relevant experience, knowledge and interests in the video, film industry
* Must possess a polite, friendly manner, to establish an upbeat and professional rapport with clients
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and excels in a fast paced, team environment
* Well organized and detail oriented
* Strong computer skills and Macintosh experience
* Drive, flexibility and multi-tasking capability


We offer a competitive salary + commission as well as full benefits package.

Please email you cover letter and resume in a word or pdf. format to resumes@abelcine.com

Please include “NY Sales Agent” in the message subject line.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventory Administrator

Abel Cine Tech is a leading camera equipment supplier to the motion picture and broadcast industries. Our New York City facility in the West Village is currently seeking an Inventory Administrator to join our department staff.

The concentration of this position is in inventory organization and fulfillment of orders of our most popular lines of cameras and accessories from manufacturers such as the Panasonic, Sony, JVC, Canon.

This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic, hard working individual to participate in our exciting and fast paced company.

This position would encompass the following key responsibilities:

* Maintaining and organizing inventory room
* Receiving orders and stocking shelves
* Resolving miscellaneous items in the inventory room
* Checking and repacking RMAed items
* Measuring, weighing and entering items in the product database
* Picking orders for shipping
* Packing and shipping orders
* Conducting weekly inventory counts
* Handling rush shipping logistics and details
* Handling international shipping including customs procedures
* Unloading large shipments utilizing the proper tools

Requirements for the successful applicant:

* Strong computer skills and Macintosh experience. Filemaker Pro experience a big plus
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and excels in a fast paced, team environment
* Well organized and detail oriented
* Must possess a polite, friendly manner, to establish an upbeat and professional rapport with clients
* Ability to lift 50 lbs.
* Some knowledge or experience in the video, film industry
* Drive, flexibility and multi-tasking capability


This is a full time position. We offer a competitive salary + full benefits package.

Please email you cover letter and resume in a word or pdf. format to resumes@abelcine.com

Please include “Inventory Admin” in the message subject line.
__________________
Andy Shipsides -Camera Technology Specialist
AbelCineTech, New York - Visit our Blog - http://blog.abelcine.com
Andy Shipsides is offline  
Old June 9th, 2009, 10:03 PM   #232
DV Creators
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Hollywood
Posts: 91
DVcreators.net Looking for Digital Media Wizard

Looking for digital media wizard for an extraordinary opportunity to work with one of the most respected companies in the digital media industry.

Must be:

* ambitious, resourceful, sharp and self-driven
* 100% dedicated to total mastery of digital media
* unwaveringly committed to world class quality
* a productive and efficient artist, producer and project manager
* expert in Final Cut Pro & Motion
* professional-quality graphics and motion graphics designer
* a clear, intelligent, concise writer

Would be great if you also had expertise in one or more of the following areas:

* cinematography
* lighting
* location sound
* advanced post audio
* HTML/CSS
* PHP
* some programming experience

But a strong willingness to learn and do whatever it takes will suffice.

You will be working alongside one of the pioneers and leaders of the digital media revolution, and through this opportunity will attain a rare mastery of extremely valuable digital media methodologies, technologies, secrets, tricks and timesavers that will place you among the world's very top echelon of experts.

Very high earnings potential for someone who can demonstrate ability to finish projects efficiently at a high quality level.

Please email with resumé, cover letter, and link to graphics, website or motion graphics example you have created. If others were involved with its creation please be very clear about which part of the work you created.

Thank you for your time and consideration.


Josh Mellicker
jobs@dvcreators.net
Josh Mellicker is offline  
Old June 9th, 2009, 10:29 PM   #233
Tourist
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1
Need videographer/cinematographer in San Diego

I need a videographer/cinematographer on June 15 for a few hours. This is for a documentary I am working on. I can provide the equipment if needed. The web site is below.

About the Film: The Last of the Gunslingers

I can't pay anything. Maybe we can barter or something.

Email me or call me at 626-768-3459 if interested. You will help to cover an important event in San Diego where a lot of Police big wigs will attend.

Thanks!

- Robert
Rob Godina is offline  
Old June 11th, 2009, 10:16 PM   #234
New Boot
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10
Composer Needed

Good evening everyone,

We are looking for a composer to score our short film BLUE JACKET BLACK BAG. It is a crime/comedy genre and has a run time of about 10 minutes out of which about 4 or 5 minutes are needed to be scored.

We are a crew from Melbourne, Australia and have had a number of our films screened in festivals locally as well as overseas as well as on American PBS Television.

We would love to work with a composer who would be keen to develop a good working relationship.

We've been using Ennio Morricone's Once Upon A Time In The West as a temp score so that's the kind of direction we would ideally love our music to head though of course we would be very open to other ideas.

A cut of the film is available for immediate start as we are targeting a number of festival deadlines in the near future. For more info please contact Alex at amazinglex@gmail.com

All the best.
Alex Mizin is offline  
Old June 12th, 2009, 02:48 AM   #235
Tourist
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego CA
Posts: 1
Newb EX-1 Shooter in San Diego

If anybody in the San Diego area needs any free help on any kind of project let me know. I’m pretty much new to everything, bought an EX-1 and would like to get as much experience as possible. I am also in the process of trying to learn AVID MC so anything to help with that would be great!
Jeremy Boggs is offline  
Old June 12th, 2009, 10:52 AM   #236
Major Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Woods Cross, Utah
Posts: 310
Sounds fun!
Is this a paid position?
Chris Luker is offline  
Old June 12th, 2009, 07:30 PM   #237
Trustee
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 1,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Mizin View Post
Good evening everyone,

We are looking for a composer to score our short film BLUE JACKET BLACK BAG. It is a crime/comedy genre and has a run time of about 10 minutes out of which about 4 or 5 minutes are needed to be scored.

We are a crew from Melbourne, Australia and have had a number of our films screened in festivals locally as well as overseas as well as on American PBS Television.

We would love to work with a composer who would be keen to develop a good working relationship.

We've been using Ennio Morricone's Once Upon A Time In The West as a temp score so that's the kind of direction we would ideally love our music to head though of course we would be very open to other ideas.

A cut of the film is available for immediate start as we are targeting a number of festival deadlines in the near future. For more info please contact Alex at amazinglex@gmail.com

All the best.
Check out my good friend Jeremy, a NYU Masters degree graduate in Film Composition at JeremySchrepple.com
Jason Robinson is offline  
Old June 13th, 2009, 03:13 PM   #238
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 52
HI there, interesting!
If you are looking for something Ennio Morriconeish, check out my myspace for my last tunes:

www.myspace.com/boycottatthezoo.com

For my Showreel also:

YouTube - vincentvillaescusa's Channel

Cheers
Vvicente Villaescusa is offline  
Old June 13th, 2009, 04:51 PM   #239
Trustee
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 1,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vvicente Villaescusa View Post
HI there, interesting!
If you are looking for something Ennio Morriconeish, check out my myspace for my last tunes:

www.myspace.com/boycottatthezoo.com

For my Showreel also:

YouTube - vincentvillaescusa's Channel

Cheers
Your first link is incorrect. Remove the ".com" from the end of your MySpace link.
Jason Robinson is offline  
Old June 13th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #240
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 188
Z1U or FX1 rental in Normal IL

I am looking to rent a Z1U or FX1 on Saturday June 27th in Normal IL, or anywhere close. Does anyone have a camera they would be will to rent or know of a place to rent?

Thanks
Tim
Tim Snyder is offline  
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:51 AM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network