Helping Hands from 2009 - Page 22 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old July 21st, 2009, 02:21 PM   #316
Inner Circle

Dave - I'm really confused now. Money isn't important, but there is a budget, but then you mention two $5000 deals, but then suggest the smart move is to take the no travel cost option?

Surely, the wedding is very important to you as a prospective bridegroom. Video style and quality is important as a video professional. You're more aware than the usual wedding client how much things cost vs the small differences extra money brings.

In your position, I'd want to see other people's work for varying budgets. For $X I can do this, or for $Y I can do this. People can show you the work and then you can decide. I suspect people just want to know if you are thinking $500 or $5000, that's all.

If it was me, I'd not want somebody elses edit - I'd always find things I didn't like, so I'd spend my entire budget on aquisition, and then do the edit myself, at my convenience in my style.

Simply engage shooters, who work on your instructions of what to shoot. Much better use of budget, and what you do with it is up to you. They shoot and just hand the media to you - end of job. I rarely am comfortable with finished products from other people.
Old July 21st, 2009, 03:08 PM   #317
New Boot

Boston Videographer who will travel

Hi,

Congratualtions on your upcoming wedding. I got married 3 weeks ago and it was great!

I have friends that live in NY and would be willing to travel for your wedding. Check out my work at Angelina Video Productions - Weddings and Events serving Danvers, Massachusetts - New Hampshire - Rhode Island - Maine. I film in both SD and HD.
Old July 21st, 2009, 05:23 PM   #318
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul R Johnson View Post
Dave - I'm really confused now. Money isn't important, but there is a budget, but then you mention two $5000 deals, but then suggest the smart move is to take the no travel cost option?

Surely, the wedding is very important to you as a prospective bridegroom. Video style and quality is important as a video professional. You're more aware than the usual wedding client how much things cost vs the small differences extra money brings.

In your position, I'd want to see other people's work for varying budgets. For $X I can do this, or for $Y I can do this. People can show you the work and then you can decide. I suspect people just want to know if you are thinking $500 or $5000, that's all.
I guess I'm being a big butthead about this. I've been trying to get across - without divulging any figures - the idea that I'm not looking to spend a fortune but I am willing to pay for quality. Based on packages I've reviewed from various vendors, I think it'd be fair to expect to spend $2000-4000 on something really good. I hope that clears things up.

Also, I am looking for the full deal. While I do edit, I'm more of a shooter and I don't think I'd have the patience to do a good enough job on the video edit.

Sorry if I've been a pain - just a bit stressed trying to make sure I do the best thing for our wedding. Thank you everyone for the great responses and for the advice - and of course your patience. Keep 'em coming.

~~Dave
Old July 21st, 2009, 06:15 PM   #319
Regular Crew

Dave,

Having recently been married, I can understand what you're going through. There's nothing butthead about it! We live in LA and spent months looking for the "right" videographer. One thing we found was that for a certain figure, say $4000, we could find locals to shoot our wedding or an equivalent studio from out of state. In this economy, the b&g have plenty of negotiating leverage (gasp).

In the end, we went with StillMotion and after our SDE was shown, it was obvious that we had made the right choice (for us, as a couple). Being in NY though, I would think there's a whole range of talent open to you. But cost of living is high so that's obviously factored into the local pricing. Good luck with the search.
Old July 21st, 2009, 07:47 PM   #320
Trustee

Hi Jeff,
I'm in the miami area, am an experinced shooter and and have lots of gear, including an A1, H1, Hv30, lights, full audio rig, tripods, steady cam, dolly, jib, 35mm rig, etc.
Give me a call or shoot me an email at:
954-430-1616
yarock@aol.com
Bruce yarock
Yarock Video and Photo
Old July 21st, 2009, 11:21 PM   #321
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul R Johnson View Post
If it was me, I'd not want somebody elses edit - I'd always find things I didn't like, so I'd spend my entire budget on aquisition, and then do the edit myself, at my convenience in my style.
I've known a few editors that have done this in the past and I can't even remotely imagine editing my own wedding (provided I ever marry again :). It would just be too bizarre I think.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 03:32 PM   #322
Regular Crew

Need Crew in Jackson, Mississippi

Greetings,

I have a friend who just told me she is looking to do a project with filming in Jackson, Mississippi - shooting city attractions in DV. Please post your info in this thread if you live nearby. I'll have her follow this thread to check you out.

In the meantime, I will get her on her way to joining dvinfo to chime in more about the project details.

best,
jones
Old July 23rd, 2009, 04:12 PM   #323
Regular Crew

I'm about an hour away from Jackson.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 06:01 PM   #324
Trustee

Need to rent tripod in Bergen county N.J.

I'll be shooting a one day event at Yonkers race track but staying in tenafly . I need to rent a decent tripod for thursday 7-30, and can return it friday am 7-31. I have full insurance , etc.
If anyone can help me, please call me or shoot me an email.
Thanks
Bruce Yarock
Yarock Video and Photo
phone- 954-/430/-1616
yarock at a o l dot com
Old July 24th, 2009, 04:32 AM   #325
Trustee

Nobody in Bergen County?
Bruce Yarock
Old July 25th, 2009, 03:45 AM   #326
Trustee

Some AE work (Music vid/green screen/3d)

Hi guys

I'm working on a music video at the moment ,basically workload being the way it is we are now looking to get some help on this. It won't pay lots but it will pay. I have in the region of 50 shots that need to be keyed, colour corrected and comped onto a 3d background. The 3d is already created although needs finishing (by us) and would be supplied as a max file for you to render as needed in each shot (if you don't know or use max I could do this part) so it would mainly be after effects work really. (Or other post program if you like)

We do have some green spill in quite a few shots so some may need multilpe masks/layers and corrections.

I have a short green screen cut and a finished shot to show what we are doing.

Please email me if you are interested mat@3dvisions.co.uk - I'd like to see some example of this sort of work if possible please.

Many thanks
Mat
Old July 25th, 2009, 08:53 PM   #327
Regular Crew

Church Video Ministry

If your church is considering starting a video ministry or are planning to upgrading equipment, contact me at 817-771-8347 or jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com

Joel Brooks
MIT Video
Moments in Time
817-771-8347
Old July 26th, 2009, 12:28 PM   #328
Major Player

5 days paid in Denver

I had a family emergency and need someone to run a camera in Denver for 5 days Starting Monday (yes as in tomorrow - 7/27/09) I know it's VERY short notice. You don't need gear my gear is already there. This is pretty simple classroom stuff. Please give me a call if you are available.

J Porter
Number removed Thanks for the help!!

Last edited by Jerry Porter; July 26th, 2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old July 26th, 2009, 04:20 PM   #329
Major Player

Got one THANKS!!!!!
Old July 27th, 2009, 10:00 PM   #330
New Boot

Can use some shooting help in Chicago

Please email me and I will give you the details.

It is at the panetarium August 5, 6 and 7 a couple of hours each day late afternoon/evening.

Basically do some framing, or more depending on skill level etc.

Thanks,
Guustaaf
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands