Helping Hands from 2009 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old January 28th, 2009, 12:03 PM   #31
Major Player

Videographer for Pre-Oscar Ceremonies

I just received a call from a client looking for a videographer for the pre-Oscar ceremonies in LA. I'm not going to be able to make the trip, so here's the info I know - go for it.

madhu.bhatiajha@gmail.com

Dates: Feb. 21-22

BTW, I did let her know I'd post the info here, so you won't get yelled at (-:
Old January 28th, 2009, 01:21 PM   #32
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Diaz View Post
like Bruce mentioned, ill add that the video mixer was the Sony anycast with preview monitors. i was only using 100 feet cables, i had amp in case i needed them, but there was no need. Yes, i had 4 cameraman hooked up to a two-way system so I can guide them as I look through the anycast. i had the anycast hooked up to a video projector on stage to feed some live footage but the stage crew had some diffculty with the screen so that didn't show. It was all shot in HD at 30 frames progressive to miniDV tapes, edited with Final Cut Studio 2, and Adobe After Effects. Two cranes, one in the front and another in the back, a tripod cam, steadycam (the robot cam), and stage cam.

thanks for viewing...
Oooo the Anycast! I'll trade you my Videonics MX-1 for your Anycast? ;-) hehe. Great job with the production.
Old January 28th, 2009, 02:01 PM   #33
Regular Crew

UK Videographer Needed Soon

I'm a videographer with a US engineering firm that has a some offices in the UK as well. I am going need a local videographer to shoot some footage near Derby, UK (Location could change, still receiving details). As far as I know, the project will calling for shooting some interviews at that office, plus some possible location B-Roll. I only need the footage shot and then sent back to me to do an edit. If you are locally in Derby and can shoot in the next couple weeks. Please direct message me your info so I can get back to you. Thanks. :)

*Footage needs to be "delivered" in NTSC Format, and either HDV or HD resolution. :)
Old January 29th, 2009, 12:49 AM   #34
New Boot

Miami Short Film help

This listing is directed toward anyone who lives in the South Florida area. I am a young and ambitious local producer who is looking for film techies that wish to take part in something VERY special.

I have been working with a writer for a little over one month now and we have finalized a fantastic script that is gritty film festival material. I am currently interviewing cameramen and Director's of Photography as well as sound crews in order to assemble an upbeat, excited team that will bring this narrative film to life. We intend on shooting it with the utmost production value in hopes that it could possibly make a film festival circuit run. I currently work for the Miami International Film Festival and have already begun making plans for it to debue in the festival next Spring. The staff is already excited to see how it turns out. If it tuns out half as decent as the script is written, then it should not be a problem getting it into the festival. So.....

CALLING ALL DP'S AND ANYONE WHO WISHES TO HAVE A CREDIBLE FILM IN THEIR PORTFOLIO. DON'T LET A GREAT EXERIENCE PASS YOU BY MY FRIENDS. If you are interested and would like to speak with me in detail, contact me at:

nick.orsini@yahoo.com (preferred)
or
nick@miamifilmfestival.com (if necessary)

Best Regards,
Nick Orsini
Old January 29th, 2009, 12:35 PM   #35
Major Player

Hi Emrys
You may find someone more suitable but if not let me know.
I'm in West London so Derby is a 2.5 hour drive. That's not such a problem. And you seem unsure of the location anyway - so perhaps it may be London.
However my camera is a Canon XH A1 and it shoots PAL only. That sounds as if it is a problem.
If you get stuck, give me a shout.
Old January 29th, 2009, 10:38 PM   #36
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robinson View Post
Oooo the Anycast! I'll trade you my Videonics MX-1 for your Anycast? ;-) hehe. Great job with the production.
yea the anycast is sweet, Sony makes two models, the SD and HD version. If you using HD cameras, you can still use the SD anycast, and just downgrade to SD to the anycast for preview purpose only. You can even edit on the fly if you want to set it up that way, it also has many other features. I recommend.
Old January 31st, 2009, 12:39 AM   #37
Major Player

Looking For A Highly Experienced DP in Georgia

Hi, we're going to be shooting a feature film later this year in Georgia - probably in September. Financing is being provided locally so we would like to hire a DP from the state. If you're a native, drop us a line and let us know where or how we can see your work. The screenplay is a beautifully written, dark comedy about a group of women who accidentally kill the mayor and cannot figure out how to dispose of the body.

Here is a trailer for our last feature:
YouTube - THE WATERMELON

Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.
Old January 31st, 2009, 07:09 AM   #38
Regular Crew

Email sent

Hi Lori

Email sent

David Wright
hdcamera@mac.com
www.lunaseafilms.com
Old January 31st, 2009, 12:57 PM   #39
New Boot

Vacation Videographer

Looking to document your travels, US or Europe. Both my husband and myself are looking to travel, and travel with your family/friends. Have passports, will travel. Pricing varies. Contact Celecvideo@aol for a consult. Cheers.
Old January 31st, 2009, 06:22 PM   #40
Major Player

Seeking ProHD rental in Fort Lauderdale

Hello:
I have a friend who is shooting a wedding in may.
He wanted to rent my 110, i don't lend or rent my equit.
does anyone know of a place that rents pro equit. in the ft. lauderdale area?

Thank You
Joe
Old January 31st, 2009, 08:21 PM   #41
Obstreperous Rex

Moved here from the ProHD forum.

Thread title changed from "camera" to "Seeking ProHD rental in Fort Lauderdale"

Please avoid ambiguous thread titles -- thanks in advance,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old February 1st, 2009, 06:25 AM   #42
Trustee

Joe,
In case he needs another shooter, in addition to a camera, I shoot lots of weddings and have a a Canon H1, A1, HV30 (soon), and a Sony FX1, plus wireless lavs, on cam lights, etc. I'm in Pembroke Pines. ( I also don't rent my gear, unless I'm part of the shoot).
Bruce Yarock
Yarock Video and Photo
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:47 PM   #43
Regular Crew

WANTED: Producer for extreme sports travel series

Looking to meet with producers to talk about a travel series I would like to develop to submit to travel channels, sports channels and geographic channels.

Please see a short demonstration on my demo reel if you may be unfamiliar with the sport.

Please contact me on info@basementvision.com

I am located in the South of England.

Alex Brown
Old February 3rd, 2009, 02:51 PM   #44
Regular Crew

WTD: Video & Grip rental in El Paso, TX

I'm looking to rent a few things in El Paso this weekend:

Small jib (Porta-Jib Traveller size)
Panasonic LH900 LCD monitor
Mattebox for EX1 with set of grads
Light stands, stingers, etc.

We're actually shooting in Marfa but we fly into El Paso and I figured there's a better chance of renting there. Does anyone know of a place that might fit the bill?

Many thanks.

K
Old February 3rd, 2009, 02:54 PM   #45
Regular Crew

Oh, and we're also looking for a fog/haze machine for rent in the area. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands