Helping Hands from 2009 - Page 32 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old December 3rd, 2009, 07:53 AM   #466
Regular Crew

Thanks for hitting me up. Check your email buddy!!!

Nicole
Old December 4th, 2009, 12:20 PM   #467
Regular Crew

Hey Emrys -

Just going to plug my corporate and documentary work here. I'd be happy to talk with your company about building an ongoing relationship rather than piecemeal freelance jobs. You can find my demo reel at http://freelance.soulfabric.net - it's more doc based. I have some corporate pieces I can send your way as well. We do everything here from idea creation to shooting, post-production and delivery for web and TV. Hope to see you before you leave town!

Cheers,
Zac
Old December 5th, 2009, 12:01 PM   #468
Regular Crew

Shooter on Staten Island: 7 days, starting Dec 15th

Need a shooter on/close to Staten Island for a 7 day shoot.

Must have HDV cam (i.e. EX1, HPX, etc) and lav mic, at the minimum.

Must live local...no travel budget.

Pay rate is $500/day, all included...no budget for rentals, ups, extras. Period.

You will be shooting a webisode series based around a shop that services celebrities.

Contact me ONLY through this email: craiglieberman@cox.net

In your email, send me a link to some of your work, a brief mention of your gear and a short list of recent credits
Old December 6th, 2009, 11:15 AM   #469
New Boot

looking for people interested in filmmaking in NJ

I am looking to put together a group of people interested in making independent films in the NJ, PA, or NY area. You can be a newbie or have years of experience. It will involve everything from scrrenwriting (preproduction) all the way to the production and postproduction stages. I'm by myself and realize that you need a team of hard working dedicated people to put this together. We can share knowledge and equipment. It doesn't matter what area of interest or expertise you have, whether screenwriting, working the camera, audio, lighting, etc. the idea is to get people to collaborate in filmmaking. If you live in the area and have interest, e-mail me at jdebmd@aol.com.
Old December 8th, 2009, 10:50 AM   #470
Regular Crew

Position filled, thanks
Old December 9th, 2009, 09:25 PM   #471
Major Player

Anyone in Mexico?

A client for whom I have been shooting a documentary is going to need to conduct some interviews in Mexico. I am not certain about the exact location, but apparently it's not in a nice area. So he's asked me to locate a colleague in Mexico... someone who's already down there and knows the ins and outs, speaks English and Spanish, can avoid roadside bandits, etc., and has their own gear. We've been shooting with the EX3, but pretty much any HD cam would work if you can give him .mov files for FCP. Not sure when he wants to go down there... could be as early as late next week, in a couple of weeks, or up to a month, depending on how things are going here.

My experience is he pays quickly.

If you're in Mexico and are interested, email me and I'll hook you up.

Charles

Last edited by Charles Newcomb; December 9th, 2009 at 09:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Old December 10th, 2009, 06:24 PM   #472
Regular Crew

Email sent.

Cheers
Old December 10th, 2009, 08:23 PM   #473
Major Player

E-mail replied to.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Charles
Old December 11th, 2009, 12:08 PM   #474
Regular Crew

Email sent.

Regards,
Rodrigo Medina
Old December 11th, 2009, 12:14 PM   #475
Regular Crew

Shooter in Belgium.

Hi!

I'm looking for a shooter in Belgium to record Soccer games from the 2nd and 3rd division. Just with one camera, basic coverage. I need the games to be uploaded to my FTP in MP4 or FLV format. Please contact me if you're interested so we can further discuss the details. We want to start in January.

Regards,
Rodrigo Medina
Old December 11th, 2009, 03:13 PM   #476
Major Player

And replied to, thanks.
Old December 11th, 2009, 08:44 PM   #477
Regular Crew

Paul,

Sorry, I didn't know there was a reply to this post until now. It really depends on the airspace classification. If the fight is below 700' AGL in Class E airspace and the aircraft is flown by "line of sight" it usually isn't a problem. Flights can even take place within Class B airspace (around major airports) if the tower and local FSDO are notified and approve.

Currently there are no regulations for this specific activity as they are only just now being drafted. In the interim, the primary concern of the FAA is that this activity does not pose a risk to full-size aviation and/or persons on the ground. For these reasons we don't fly above 400' AGL and never over the general public on the ground.

If a person chose to act in a reckless fashion with unmanned aircraft, I have no doubts that the FAA could make their lives quite miserable.
Old December 12th, 2009, 07:25 AM   #478
Inner Circle

Wendell no worry on the reply timing I just thought you were too busy.

Interesting that you say 700 AGL we were told that all RC in our area are restricted to under 200 AGL good to know this is not the case.

We have had to deal with a few RC machines while flying in the full size at low level. No one knew they were there except the RC operators. Scary stuff we thought it was a hawk at first until we had to avoid quickly.
Old December 12th, 2009, 03:30 PM   #479
Regular Crew

We work from full size helicopters also. If RC aircraft are being flown in an area that also has low flying full size traffic they should have a spotter scanning the skies for traffic and immediately yield the right of way if needed. It is the model operators responsibility to avoid the larger aircraft, not the other way around. If they don't they are being irresponsible and dangerous. We have low flying "aerial ambulance" helicopters in our area and are always looking and listening for them when we fly.

Interestingly enough, the National flying site for model aircraft is in Muncie Indiana and has a small airport situated right beside it. The full size don't make low passes over the RC field and the RC aircraft stay below 700 feet so its never an issue or conflict.
Old December 12th, 2009, 09:06 PM   #480
Major Player

Found a couple good ones. Thanks.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands