Helping Hands from 2009 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old February 7th, 2009, 11:05 PM   #46
Regular Crew

Looking For Collaborators: Documentary

Hey everyone, I have a rather odd request. I am making a documentary and I have been struggling with the content I have been getting because it is so central to my geographical location. The content of the film is so different depending on who you talk to and where they live. It is a music related subject and therefore, different parts of the world have different scenes and interpretations of the same general ideas.

My idea is this. Get a bunch of fellow filmmakers all over the world to help shoot this thing. Even if it is just one interview with one person in a place other then my state of Minnesota... It will make for a much more broad depiction of the content.

If anyone is interested, lets chat, I don't know exactly how this will work, but I thought I should at least put it out there and see what people think. I would obviously be taking this project from being a personal thing, to something that I would share with everyone involved, including the credits and all of the positives that may come if it is successful. I have put up a clip on YouTube that actually has gotten a lot of response from the community, but I want to take the film in a different direction than where it is in this clip. I also have it on vimeo where I color corrected and touched it up a little bit.

Check out the clip, and PM or email me if you are interested in helping out. I have people in tons of major cities ready to be interviewed, I just need someone with a camera to shoot it! Thanks guys.

Chris

Youtube Version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVbjg...e=channel_page

Vimeo Version: Its a Hardcore Life Documentary Preview (Hardcore Dancing) on Vimeo
Old February 8th, 2009, 08:28 AM   #47
Regular Crew

NYC PAL Cameraman Needed Wed Feb 11th - $1000

An Israeli television station needs a cameraman to shoot a red carpet event this Wed Feb 11. I was going to shoot it because they thought it was for Saturday but the actual date was wednesday so I can't do it. but I'm out of town now.

You must have a PAL mini dv camera. Also must have a sun gun light or light panels and a stick mic would be good. If you don't have these, I can rent them to you at a good rate.

So you would need to shoot it then fed ex the tapes to them.

Pay was quoted at me at $1000 for you and your gear. I can't lock you in that this rate but that's what they offered me.

Please email me at ed(at)kittyguerrilla.com if you are interested.

Thanks!
Edward David
Director of Photography
Ed David * Cinematographer
Old February 8th, 2009, 01:00 PM   #48
New Boot

Need VHS to DVD conversion (PAL)

I could really use someone's help here. I've got a VHS of my favorite band playing a show on German TV. It's in PAL, obviously. Unfortunately I don't have a PAL deck here in the States. So I'm looking for someone that can convert the VHS to DVD (keeping it in PAL). I don't need any menus or anything, a standalone VHS/DVD burner would be fine. I'll pay for shipping and will give you some extra money for your time.

Can somebody help me?
Old February 8th, 2009, 02:34 PM   #49
New Boot

PAL to NTSC

I don't know if this will help, but we had some kids in Ukraine and I had to deal with the conversion problem. I think Samsung that made a VCR to convert PAL and some other formats to NTSC and vice versa. The name was "World" something as I recall. I bought one at Fry's a year or two or three ago. I think if you converted a PAL VHS to a NTSC VHS you could then capture the NTSC video to your computer and then burn a DVD from the resulting file. If this interests you, I'll get the name, model, etc. of the VCR and perhaps you can locate one on Craigs or something. I should also say that I recall that this particular VCR had a reputation for a power supply (I think it was power supply) weakness.
Old February 8th, 2009, 03:35 PM   #50
Regular Crew

www.basementvision.com/demoreel_small.mov - demo reel
Old February 8th, 2009, 03:58 PM   #51
Regular Crew

I have a VHS-PAL VCR/DVD Player and I may be able to help you. Please PM me.

P.
Old February 8th, 2009, 05:46 PM   #52
Major Player

If you still have problems, i've got an Aiwa MX100 digital system converter....
Playback and output to any variety possible.....At the $400 i paid for it, i'm easily looking at around 2050 to break even on this unit...>_<

If you run into any snags, PM me...
On a side note, if you've got a larger Indian/Pakistani community in your area, chances are that there's a movie section in one of the local shops, that does these transfers dirt cheap...
Good luck!!!
Old February 8th, 2009, 08:13 PM   #53
Regular Crew

DP in NYC Area; Prefer Brooklyn; Film Shoot

I'm in the process of putting together a team for an independent film that I wrote and currently producing and directing.

This is all straight out of pocket (my own pocket) and will be low budget but hoping on getting a great DP to work with and make this project look like Hollywood quality.

I'm also hoping that this will turn into a longer relationship post film because I have another project I'd like to work on afterwords.

Notes about the project:
Prefer someone that knows how to use Panasonic DVX-100, a/b, and also has their own (not mandatory but would help)
This is looking like it will be a 20-25 day shoot so will have to coordinate with those that can take time off from day job.
I can't afford a professional or someone that has tons of credit and requires $1000 a day. I can only do a flat rate for the entire project. Willing to neg. fee and a possiblity to up-credit/give multiple credits.

Would like samples of work. Please contact for further information.

ryanmkincaid@hotmail.com
Old February 9th, 2009, 04:03 PM   #54
Regular Crew

Alex Brown - demo reel

First link didnt work.
Old February 9th, 2009, 09:56 PM   #55
Major Player

e-mail sent.
Old February 14th, 2009, 01:53 AM   #56
Major Player

Need Colorists-Color Correction FCP

*NYC/NJ area only*

Looking for an excellent and experienced colorists for color correction on an independent film (85mins). Must have own rig or access to one. Work will begin immediately.

Colorists must have access to and be able to work in Apple ‘Color’ on our existing FCP project. Material: XDCAM footage shot with Sony EX1. DP did a great job of matching shots, as to minimize post color work.

Please respond to with experience, and rates (day rate, etc) to:

purefrequencypro@aol.com
Old February 14th, 2009, 03:13 PM   #57
Major Player

Or -- if someone has a recommend (and contact info), that would be great too.

Thanks --
Old February 15th, 2009, 03:28 PM   #58
Regular Crew

Hey Lori,

Do you have an audio/sound crew person taken care of? If not please let me know.I can send over my information as well.

Thanks
Nicole
www.myspace.com/misscc803
Old February 16th, 2009, 10:18 AM   #59
Major Player

Would love to be considered

James

As the title suggests I would love to be considered for this position if we could arrange for me to perform the work required at my own studio.

I would need to see some footage and what your requirements would be. If you had a look you are going after that would also be useful to know.

What is your current plan for this movie, Festivals, DVD release, or theatrical and your budget and time frame as well.

Thanks

Jim Montgomery
Old February 16th, 2009, 12:01 PM   #60
Wrangler

Need sound person for shoot tonight and tomorrow

Hi:

We've just had someone drop out of a shoot in LA tonight (Monday) and Tuesday. We are shooting 4:30 pm to midnight at a house in the Hollywood Hills.

It's a labor-of-love short film that some friends of mine are making and I offered to DP this portion for them, it should be a nice shoot without any drama (not the wrong kind, anyway). We have the gear already--two wireless, a 416 and pole and intend to record straight to two EX3's although if someone came with a mixer, all the better. Simple dialogue scene for the most part.

If it helps at all, the couple making the film are established actors--Ashley Jensen is best known for playing Maggie, the female lead in the HBO series "Extras" as well as being on "Ugly Betty".

thanks...
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands