Helping Hands from 2009 - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old February 16th, 2009, 02:27 PM   #61
Regular Crew

If I were close by I would help you out man. Good luck with everything.

Nicole
www.myspace.com/misscc803
Old February 16th, 2009, 02:34 PM   #62
Regular Crew

Georgia:Work Wanted/Needed-Help As Well!!!

If you are in the state of GA and you have a film, tv show, play, etc. coming up and you need an audio/sound person please don't hesitate to contact me. Looking for more gigs. As most of you know Craigslist can be a pain in the butt. If you can help let me know.

If you have other websites that have a pretty good amount of crew listings please post them. Thanks in advance.

Experience:
Live Sound/DJ Experience
Soundboard Operator
Sound Mixer
Sound/Audio Engineer
Mic Boom Operator
PC/Mac Experience
Computer/Electronic/Music Technical Experience

Thanks
Nicole
www.myspace.com/misscc803
ccproductions803@gmail.com

p.s. I have tried www.mandy.com as well very limited jobs on there. Been searching on the site as well but most listings are for CA and NY.
Old February 16th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #63
DV Creators

Shooters wanted

We need several top-notch shooters to shoot some HD1080i footage for an instructional video project. We don't need much, but this is not a low-budget project, and we need excellent looking footage of very specific content.

Most of the footage involves shooting scenes with family and kids, including:

- a school play or recital
- birthday party
- soccer or other kids' sporting event
- fun at the beach
- fun in the snow (skiing or snowboarding)
- other similar family events

Since our timeline is a little tight (we need the footage by the week of March 2 - 6), the shooters we're seeking need to either:

1. have kids (or nieces, nephews or neighbors) that will be participating in events similar to the above in the next few weeks

or

2. be able to help find us a location where one of the above events will be taking place. We can pay a $100 - $200 location fee on top of the shooter's fee.

We need footage that looks great, but shot with camera and tripod only (no professional lights or gear- natural light and practicals only). So the locations need to be naturally photogenic (as well as the kids themselves :-)

Once you respond, we will provide you with a detailed shotlist. We will only need a few minutes of usable footage, so if you shoot 10 - 15 minutes we'll have plenty to choose from. We will need model releases from all people (or parents of kids) whose face is recognizable in the video.

If you are interested, please email shooterswanted@gmail.com with the following info:

- a little info about the event you have the opportunity to shoot
- the date you would be able to get the footage to us
- how much you would charge
- link to a demo reel of your camerawork
- it would be really great if you could take a couple photos of the location and attach them to the email

Thanks!

p.s. Even if you are not a professional camera operator, if you have a family event coming up in the next few weeks, and are willing to allow a professional cameraperson to videotape the event, we will offer a $100 - $200 location fee. (You will also receive a copy of the footage if you'd like.)
Old February 17th, 2009, 10:09 AM   #64
Tourist

Help in Seattle?

I'm posting this to see if anyone here from Seattle,Wa is looking for extra help even if it may be to carry around, load and unload and help set-up.

I'm still learning and some field work would be really nice.

So send me a PM if anyone here from Seattle,Wa needs a helping hand!
Old February 17th, 2009, 12:15 PM   #65
Regular Crew

SWEDEN shooters!!

Short film/concept production shooting in Sweden (Uppsala) late March/early April '09 - need helping hands!! Preferrably HDV shooters (Canon) with DoF adapter knowledge, but anyone in the area who is interested in helping out, logistical support etc would be great. Could also use a behind-the-scenes shooter.

Sweden shooters - Let me know!

Would love your insight into shooting Uppsala (Cathedral, University, Slott, etc, rules, laws) - even if you can't help on site.

Thanks!!
Kevin
kevin@pacificpictures.net
Old February 17th, 2009, 04:04 PM   #66
Regular Crew

Calling All Southeast USA XH Users!

Hey guys,

I am not sure if this is appropriate for the forum, but I could really use your help.

For the past 7 months, I have been shooting a documentary on an extraordinary young man named Kyle Maynard. He was born without arms or legs and grew up to become a champion highschool wrestler and is now fighting in his first Mixed Martial Arts Fight.

He will be fighting the night of April 24th, in Auburn, Alabama and I really need more camera operators so we can get adequate coverage for the event. We are a very very low budget production, but we can work out any compensation and credit needed.

The film has been shot with a Canon XHA1 in 24f (HDV), and for postproduction workflow I would love to try to stick with this family. So if you own or have access to a XLH1, XHG1, or XHA1, and live in Atlanta, Birmingham, Macon, Columbus, or Auburn and are willing to travel, I would love to hear from you.

I hope that you feel, as I do, that this could be a unique and rewarding experience to contribute to a story about the unlikeliest of heroes living his dream.

Here are two clips that we have put together:
This is a password protected video on Vimeo password: lawrenceville
This is a password protected video on Vimeo password: redpill

Please contact me at dockyardllc@gmail.com

Thank you very much!

Takashi
Old February 17th, 2009, 05:05 PM   #67
Regular Crew

Actually looks like it will be mid March...
Old February 17th, 2009, 09:19 PM   #68
Major Player

I am familer with Kyle's story. I am a MMA fan and have been so for over 10 years. Kyle seems to be an extraordinary individual. I've seen footage of him grappling but had no idea he was getting into mixed martial arts. Good luck with your documentary, i'm sure it will turn out great!
Old February 18th, 2009, 07:57 AM   #69
Trustee

I would recommend having a couple of the cameras shoot 60i so you can get a good clean slo-mo shot or two to interject into the 24f edit.

Good Luck with your project!
Old February 18th, 2009, 11:48 AM   #70
Major Player

Lead for event in Columbus Ohio

Send me a PM if you're available June 27, '09 and shoot in the Columbus area.
Old February 19th, 2009, 11:28 AM   #71
Major Player

Very professional looking, well done.
Old February 19th, 2009, 11:28 PM   #72
Major Player

Wanted in Phoenix: Panasonic AVCHD Shooters

We are a wedding videography company looking for a forth person with camera for occasional weekend work -- usually six hours. We will do the editing, we just want to find a shooter with a steady hand. We use HMC150s, so we need a Panasonic shooter compatible with the 150's SDHC setup.

Please PM your name, shooting cam, experience, and what you would charge (either hourly or for the 6-8hr day, however you like to do it). Please also indicate if you have a tripod, shotgun mic, light (kind) and batteries. (We like to know what we would need to provide).
Old February 20th, 2009, 03:16 PM   #73
Regular Crew

March 7 - March 14.

Thanks guys!!
Old February 21st, 2009, 02:30 PM   #74
Major Player

Looking for crews in Calgary and Halifax

Hi all,

I just would like to touch base with production teams for these specific areas. I am developing a relationship with a client which is more base in Montreal and Toronto but there will be a need to shoot in these two cities from time to time.

Interested?

Please contact me trough my website.

http://www.production24fps.com/index.php?lang=en

Thanks

Philippe
Old February 21st, 2009, 03:51 PM   #75
Tourist

Pro composer for hire

Hi all,

Pro composer / music producer looking for new cool projects.

web site: Ahmatron - Music + Sound

I've been working on computergames, movies, commercials, foley, corporate movies...motion graphics etc...

Also I have a rather large library (70+) with all kinds of genres.

thanks,
martin
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands