Helping Hands from 2009 - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old March 20th, 2009, 07:09 PM   #121
Major Player

Texas/Dallas/Ft. Worth based shooter

I'm a Dallas/Ft. Worth based shooter who is looking to expand my horizons a bit. For the last four years I've been a freelance shooter for hunting/outdoor related shows for TV. I'm looking for other opportunities to shoot just about anything. I travel over 200 days a year so it need not be close to home but that would be a bonus (read as in lower daily rate).

I have my own gear which consists of a Canon XL-H1a and all the supporting equipment. I've also spent some time shooting many other cameras including a Sony XDCAM rig so I'm comfortable with higher end cameras.

My profile has a link to my web site with a demo reel. Please contact me if you are seeking someone who does a small amount of editing and knows how to shoot for the edit, is willing to go the extra mile to get the shot and is a team player.

Thanks.
Old March 20th, 2009, 07:58 PM   #122
Tourist

College Film Grad Needs Your Help

Hi, I'm graduating with my film degree in May and I'm trying to move to the Orlando area from Texas as soon as possible. I have been emailing several companies and posting my resume on several sites, with not much success.

I am seeking some advice from fellow video producers. I have over 5 years experience shooting miniDV and beta, and over 2 years experience editing with Final Cut Pro.

I'm just wondering the best way to approach finding a new job and moving. I have tons of experience and a great work ethic. My passion is for video/film production, i'm just unsure of how to find and secure a great job.

Thanks for your help,
Andy
Old March 21st, 2009, 03:11 PM   #123
Major Player

Email is easily ignored. call them. get them on the phone. Find out if they have any openings. It may be tough to find a job in your chosen field in Orlando. Heck, it can be tough in LA with all the jobs that we have.

What is it that you are hoping to do in Orlando? And why Orlando?
Old March 22nd, 2009, 12:28 PM   #124
Major Player

In this economy almost any job is a great job, but I digress...if you are passionate about production in general you might be happy in any number of industry careers so bouncing around and learning the different trades might help you find a focus.

A good metric of experience in this business is a demo reel/video portfolio, if you don't have one yet...also, offering to work for low or no pay on a few projects is a really good way to beef up your professional experience, forge valuable new relationships, and develop a good reputation for yourself. Times change and industries evolve but it seems like there is always demand for industrious, creative people who can work well in a team.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:56 PM   #125
Wrangler

What kind of job specifically are you looking for? chances are that with your level of experience it may have to be more entry-level than you might like (or at a very small company).

When you say you have a "ton of experience", how much of that was paid and/or for a legitimate company vs. school projects or indie productions? Most companies will be looking for the former when considering individuals for shooting or editing positions.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 04:58 AM   #126
Trustee

Shooter (Pref JVC HD100) in London April ?

Hi guys

I'm going to be shooting part of a music vid in central London on April the 19th for a great up and coming band. Its a low budget production and I'm not actually being paid.

But for a couple of hours we could do with a second camera to cover some street based stuff. So we are willing to pay a token £60 for a shooter/cam for the couple of hours we need. Preferably JVC HD100/200.

Central London / April 19th

mdtmail@yahoo.co.uk for more details or to discuss
Old March 26th, 2009, 07:13 PM   #127
Major Player

Need to rent Sony EX1 in Seattle/Tacoma Area

Hi,

I'm doing a seminar shoot and am in need of a third EX1 (I own 2 of them).

I need to rent a Sony EX1 with firmware of at least v1.1x (MxR recording) on April 24th and 25th.

Please contact me web[at]reelinspirations.com or visit my web site for my phone.

I'm going to be shooting at this address: 1301 S Baltimore St, Tacoma WA and I'll be flying in to SEA (Seattle Tacoma International).

Hope I didn't break any rules posting this here. I need the EX1 and this was the first place I thought of posting. My apologies if I did.

Thanks,

Jim
Old March 27th, 2009, 04:12 PM   #128
Trustee

We've got an EX3, but our company is 3.5 hours from Seattle/Tacoma and there's a mountain pass to drive over. But if you get in a bind, let me know and we can work something out.
Old March 28th, 2009, 01:30 PM   #129
Regular Crew

Updates

I’ve had a lot happen in the last couple months and attached an updated résumé to reflect the changes.

This month, my 2007 film, “The Wildlife of Little Hot Springs Valley,” received an “Honorable Mention for Animal Behavior” from the International Wildlife Film Festival.

My 2009 film, “Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park: A Biophysical Overview,” screened at the Sundial Film Festival in Redding, CA on March 15 and received a positive reception from a large audience. I also gave a brief intro at the festival and had my first experience speaking with a powerful mic and a podium. “Prairie Creek” will make its television debut on the California PBS station, KIXE TV, on April 11. Plus, I’m scheduled to screen that film (completed for a school project) at the annual Geography Department alumni reunion at my university.

Furthermore, I finally got my hands on the XLH1A and shot about 9 hours of footage with it. I’ve become pretty proficient with my new camera and am now familiar with adjusting f-stops, gain, and white balance. I recently ordered a new cable so I can try out the XLH1A’s XLR inputs. And, I’ve gotten more practice recording sounds with the Sony PCM-D50. I’ve learned the windscreen is important and it’s key to keep the levels below -12 dB.

John, thanks for the link. I checked out the website of Fischer Productions. It looks like all their shows focus on bullet shooting or hooking wildlife. For the time being, I’d prefer to avoid hunting/fishing productions, but I will keep the company in mind. I know my options are limited and videographers can’t always afford to be choosy.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Resume, Tristan Howard 3-28-09.doc (47.5 KB, 429 views)
Old March 28th, 2009, 08:13 PM   #130
Regular Crew

May I have an update status on this project?

Thanks
Nicole
Old March 30th, 2009, 06:50 AM   #131
New Boot

Hire light in Omaha/Lincoln/Grand Island?

Hi! I'm going to do a job in Grand Island around 20-22 April and need to hire some lights (portable redheads or similar). Any suggestions?

Regards / Jimmy
Old March 30th, 2009, 07:59 AM   #132
Regular Crew

I'm also a little bit away as well. I'm 2 hours away, in "White Rock", BC. But something could be worked out.
Old March 30th, 2009, 05:50 PM   #133
Regular Crew

Looking for a Shooter with a EX1 to film this weekend in Abbotsford, BC

This is for a 3 day shoot. (long hours)
Please PM me for more details.
Old March 31st, 2009, 10:06 AM   #134
Major Player

I need 3 micro mv tapes dubbed to mini dv asap

if somebody can help give me a buzz at 1-225-315-6677
Old March 31st, 2009, 11:15 AM   #135
New Boot

Hey Garrett,

did you find a resource in SF? I'm in the same situation looking for a letus to rent.

thanks!

max
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands