Helping Hands from 2009 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old January 15th, 2009, 11:32 AM   #16
Major Player

The job has been covered, Thanks all.
Old January 15th, 2009, 11:49 AM   #17
Trustee

Thanks all to those who replied here or via email. I have secured someone for this project. Appreciate the responses!
Old January 16th, 2009, 01:13 PM   #18
Major Player

Looking for Film Contacts in Northern England, UK

I'm looking for contacts in the North of England to discuss filmmaking and perhaps collaborate on a film project.

I am a very keen amateur director living in York. I've just finished shooting my second film, Project Magenta, and although I'm still editing I feel the need to start thinking about the next exciting project!

Roll camera!
Old January 16th, 2009, 09:03 PM   #19
Major Player

Need talent? Casting? East coast

Please visit
Huston Talent Agency
if we can assist you in your search for talent or casting services.
Old January 17th, 2009, 03:49 AM   #20
Trustee

Hi Stuart I am an hour away in Co Durham kit list as follows and PM me if you wish to talk more:

Sony S270 HDV/DVcam camera
Sony Z7 HDV/DVcam camera
Full audio shooting kit inc 3x radio mics
Small lighting kit (2xredheads, IDX cam light)
Final cut pro edit suites X2
Avid laptop edit set-up
Pro Tools 002 dubbing set-up inc DV toolkit
Old January 17th, 2009, 01:59 PM   #21
New Boot

Live Concert show - check out my video production on it.

This thread is to share my work covering my lastest live concert show. Take a look at the video link below, and if you like what you see then don't hesitate to contact me. I'll cover your video production needs and editing.

Video Production and Editing provided by Mad Visions Prod.
Miami Disco Fever Live Concert - Highlights only on Vimeo

Thank You,
Marlon Anthony Diaz
madvisionpro [at] gmail [dot] com

p.s. Bruce Yarock from this forum was also involved on this project. I recommend working with him anytime.
Old January 18th, 2009, 04:41 AM   #22
Trustee

As a DJ from the 70's this is back to my youth, I still have all my 12 inch singles and citronic disco decks too!
Thanks for sharing it here.
Old January 18th, 2009, 06:08 AM   #23
Trustee

marlon,
Excellent job. That was a fun gig, and hope we get a chance to work on more concets and music videos.
Bruce Yarock
Yarock Video and Photo
Old January 19th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #24
Trustee

looks like a blast to film, but of course I want to know what your gear was to take on this size of a production! Were you shooting with PD170s?

I saw headphones on a camera person, where those just for monitoring camera audio, or crew radio links?

Looks like the jib was a Kessler? Correct?

How many hundred feet of cable did you need to get your video back to the video mixer? And what video mixer did you use?
Old January 19th, 2009, 08:22 PM   #25
Trustee

Jason,
We were shooting with 4 XLH1's and a Canon A1` . Im was shooting with an A1 on a steadycam, and my assistant had my H1 on a Kessler jib (in back). There was another fancy jib in front. It had a varizoom remote head and was up front on one side of the stage.
Marlon was viewing 4 of the cameras with a video mixer, and I think he had some communication system with 2 or 3 of the guys.
I had a good time, although my back was sore after 4 hours of flying the steadycam.
Bruce yarock
Yarock Video and Photo
Old January 21st, 2009, 04:20 PM   #26
Major Player

Sent you a PM Gary
Old January 21st, 2009, 05:40 PM   #27
Regular Crew

Wanted: Wedding Cinematographer / Editor

Job Title: Wedding Cinematographer / Editor
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: $12.00 Per Hour + Contracts

High-end wedding photography studio is looking for a full-time / contracted videographer to handle an end-to-end wedding cinematography business. Responsibilities would include capturing audio & video on wedding day, editing the video, and working with clients to create deliverables. We will provide everything - marketing, branding, administrative support, office space, Mac Pro editing workstation, software, video equipment, and supporting gear. All we need you to do is walk in the door & be the perfect person!

Experience: We're looking for someone who is already familiar with the wedding videography world, but is ready to take their work to the next level. We're looking to become leaders in the area through creativity & new ideas. The compensation will be a combination of a base rate of $12/hr during all training phases, and then as contracts develop, a 60% cut of all profits. If you've been a second shooter for a few years, and you're looking for an opportunity to lead your own division, this is your chance! Stedicam experience is a must. Editing work will be done in the Final Cut Suite...experience a must. Prefer experience with Apple Color and enhacning video using color products available on market.
Old January 21st, 2009, 09:35 PM   #28
Major Player

Wanted: Videographers with P2 camera for San Diego Shoot

I need videographers for a video shoot on Saturday Feb 14th Valentines Day. You must have your own HVX200, or other P2 based camera since I'm working with DVCPRO HD only. This will be a music video of a large electronic music/light performance art group. There will be multiple cameras.

Skills and qualities I'm looking for in videographers:

Able to establish shots and manually focus very quickly.
Ability to keep one eye on your shot, with your other around the rest of the space to find your next shot.
Stylized framing - you have a razor sharp mental sensor when you're getting a winning shot, and if not, to move on, reposition, re-frame, etc.
Have experience shooting live bands.

You'll need to be available as early as noon on Saturday for the 1st part of the shoot. The 2nd part of the shoot will be at 1am that night, and will last till 2-3am.

Pay is $250 for the day. If you are interested and feel that you're a good match, email me with some examples of your work and contact info.
Old January 26th, 2009, 02:49 PM   #29
New Boot

WANTED - talented camera operator/co-director - ENGLAND

I am producing a character led fly on the wall documentary on motorbike club racing in ENGLAND...

Think; TT 'A Film Documentary', search Google for clips of it. See here:

TT : A FILM DOCUMENTARY - Pitlane Direct

I need a camera operator who MUST own there own equipment (camera, sound) to co-direct with me and who can sacrifice around 12 FULL weekends (between FEB - OCT) as well as a period at the end of October to work with me on the edit (I have a editing studio).

Your Travel, Accommodation, Food, Beer and fun times will be provided etc as well as a generous share in the profit (to be agreed by contract prior to starting). We are currently in talks to various channels.

Please pass this onto anyone you may know and ask them to email me their CV along with examples of their work. Remember we have NO budget for equipment rentals so person MUST have their own camera, sound etc (and we don't mean a video phone!).

Hurry filming needs to start Feb 21.

Kind Regards
Richard Andrews
richard@richardandrewsphotography.co.uk
RICHARD ANDREWS PHOTOGRAPHY
Old January 28th, 2009, 03:47 AM   #30
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robinson View Post
looks like a blast to film, but of course I want to know what your gear was to take on this size of a production! Were you shooting with PD170s?

I saw headphones on a camera person, where those just for monitoring camera audio, or crew radio links?

Looks like the jib was a Kessler? Correct?

How many hundred feet of cable did you need to get your video back to the video mixer? And what video mixer did you use?

like Bruce mentioned, ill add that the video mixer was the Sony anycast with preview monitors. i was only using 100 feet cables, i had amp in case i needed them, but there was no need. Yes, i had 4 cameraman hooked up to a two-way system so I can guide them as I look through the anycast. i had the anycast hooked up to a video projector on stage to feed some live footage but the stage crew had some diffculty with the screen so that didn't show. It was all shot in HD at 30 frames progressive to miniDV tapes, edited with Final Cut Studio 2, and Adobe After Effects. Two cranes, one in the front and another in the back, a tripod cam, steadycam (the robot cam), and stage cam.

thanks for viewing...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands