Helping Hands from 2005 - Page 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old February 22nd, 2005, 01:27 AM   #166
Tourist

A friend of mine is from London and he moved out to LA. He said that there is nothing going on there (other than the BBC). He shot his short film there (just finished film school) and he had to hire a full professional crew - guys that worked on some big features - simply because there weren't many non union crew guys at all.

But that's just what he told me. I don't know firsthand. I guess it depends on what exactly what you want to do, but as far as opportunities, come out to LA!
Bill
Old February 22nd, 2005, 05:02 AM   #167
Regular Crew

England

Are you a director? Film opportunities in england are the same as they are anywhere else for independent filmmakers - you have to create your own opportunities.

However, if you are looking to join a big production as cameraman/DP, the big studios are always producing something over here, and Greater London is probably the place to be, though I should think there's less opportunities than LA (but maybe less competition as well).
Old February 22nd, 2005, 07:24 AM   #168
Trustee

Bob,
Email your number to me at yarock@aol.com. I'd like to talk to you about your project.
Bruce yarock
Old February 22nd, 2005, 08:41 AM   #169
Regular Crew

lots of stuff going on in paris, but doens t depend on your nationality or color of skin but like anywhere else on your talent.
of course the language barrier can be a disadvantage...
Old February 22nd, 2005, 08:43 AM   #170
Regular Crew

resume for intership in production company

hey,

i'd like to do an internship in a film production company in the states this summer. would it make sense to mention that i made a few shorts on my resume since this internship would be about "production"?

thanks
Old February 22nd, 2005, 01:30 PM   #171
Regular Crew

Inspirational (educational and fundraising) video

The Marijuana Policy Project (MPP) seeks an accomplished and creative videographer to direct and produce a 15- or 20-minute videotape/DVD that explains -- in emotional and educational terms -- the horrors of marijuana prohibition and the need to end it.

Application deadline: March 8, 2005
Old February 23rd, 2005, 04:31 AM   #172
RED Code Chef

Bill: since you don't show your e-mail I'll ask this in this thread:
how did your friend move from London to LA? Since the US have
a very strict immigration policy I'm interesting to know how he
made the move. If you want you can e-mail me at the address
in my signature below.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old February 23rd, 2005, 05:07 AM   #173
Regular Crew

I've lived 8 years in France. I speak fluent French.

Sure there's lots of stuff going on in Paris... if you're French, and possibly white. It helps to be from a family with connections, too.

<<<-- Originally posted by Yohann Kouam : lots of stuff going on in paris, but doens t depend on your nationality or color of skin but like anywhere else on your talent.
of course the language barrier can be a disadvantage... -->>>

http://advaloreminternational.com
Old February 23rd, 2005, 12:28 PM   #174
Major Player

March 5, ERIE, PA

Hi - shooting a concert on Saturday March 5, have sold my second camera and was looking to see if anybody close enough had one meaning a Canon XL1s - or XL1, or something similar for use or rental.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 05:15 PM   #175
Wrangler

Instant Films needs an LA based FCP editor; pay involved

Instant Films, a three-year old production company based at the LA Center Studios in downtown LA, is looking for a local freelance editor to cut a series of short promos for a new venture. Must be FCP 4.5 proficient and have some serious skills pulling clean green screen mattes from DV source material. There is pay, depending on experience level and scope of work to be done (per project basis).

Please send emails with resume and links to your work online (if available) to peter@instantfilms.tv, and make a note that you are responding to this posting on the DVinfo.net.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 10:17 PM   #176
New Boot

Any FX1/Z1 owner in SF Bay Area?

willing to rent out their camera this Sat. for $100 a day?
Old February 24th, 2005, 03:15 AM   #177
Regular Crew

Ron, i'm located in Las Vegas, and depending on my shoot schedule, i may be able to accomodate you. Do you have exact dates?
Old February 24th, 2005, 08:00 AM   #178
Regular Crew

Thanks for the reply. The wedding is May 14, 2005. You can contact me at: ronecentralia@yahoo.com

Ron
Old February 24th, 2005, 02:07 PM   #179
Inner Circle

Victor, the same could be said anywhere in the world. But when you made your own films, did anyone hassle you for being Asian?
Did they deny you film permits or anything else? Did actors refuse to work for you?

The French are pretty protective (maybe overprotective) of their job market. For all their culture, they tend to be one of the most xenophobic people on earth, almost as bad as the Japanese. But for all their warts, they love and appreciate film like no others.

But like you said, if you have money, they, just like Disney, love you vewy vewy much.

btw, there is a chance I might make it over to Germany to work (doing software stuff for good ol Uncle Sam..). I would like to hook up, even if I have to take a train to Paris. I'll know for sure in March. I've talked to several Germans who would be interested in pooling talents for making an independent feature. I assume the Germans and French are finally getting along?

btw Marcin... you never said where in Europe you are from?
Old February 24th, 2005, 02:54 PM   #180
Regular Crew

any more details? time? equipment? etc.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands