Helping Hands from 2005 - Page 14 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old March 3rd, 2005, 09:15 PM   #196
Rextilleon

Soundman Needed Baltimore

I need a soundman with kit for a one hour interview in the Baltimore area on March 21st. 400 dollars with equipement, 300 dollars using mine. Drop me a line with the contents of your kit and I will get back to you pronto. rextilleon@gmail.com.
Old March 6th, 2005, 01:29 PM   #197
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Keith Forman : Pal will likely be a problem. We use NTSC here, and most equipment won't play Pal. -->>>

yeah i know the thing is i think it would be weird for a serious production company not to own a dvd player that can play both ntsc and pal, a friend of mine even got one that can play both... so anyone got an idea?
Old March 6th, 2005, 03:03 PM   #198
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Yohann Kouam : <<<-- Originally posted by Keith Forman : Pal will likely be a problem. We use NTSC here, and most equipment won't play Pal. -->>>

yeah i know the thing is i think it would be weird for a serious production company not to own a dvd player that can play both ntsc and pal, a friend of mine even got one that can play both... so anyone got an idea? -->>>

We don't have a PAL tv or DVD player where I work, but we do have computers...they should play anything, right?
Old March 7th, 2005, 12:10 AM   #199
Trustee

Yohann while I think a reel is great, it's more then likely not necessary for a p.a. or intern position. You might be better off submitting a cover letter and resume etc. and then when you do get accepted to a production company (and I assure you it will happen eventually) show someone your reel while you're there. Reels of things while having a good impact tend to have a much better impact in person, plus you'll save a boat load on postage on something that will more then likely be thrown away (not a critique on your work just a statement of how these things are typically handled)
Old March 7th, 2005, 04:16 PM   #200
New Boot

Need Audio & Video of George Bush for Film

We're doing a DV film set during the build-up to the war in Iraq and need some archival TV footage and audio of George W. Bush. Specifically, video of Bush before the war commenting about "preemptive action, " and weapons of mass destruction, such as at a press conference or in a speech. Second, audio of Bush's March 2003 address in which he announced the start of the war. In both cases, this material will appear within scenes, being viewed on TV and heard on the radio by characters within the film. To learn more about our project, visit our website:
www.hometown.aol.com/outofthefog2004/LED.htm

Thanks!
Old March 7th, 2005, 06:18 PM   #201
Major Player

Try here CNN

Remember that even if someone recorded footage off their TV, you still need to clear it for use.
Old March 9th, 2005, 02:49 AM   #202
Regular Crew

Film Makers of St. Louis

Any of you out and around St. Louis? Camera guys, editors, sound men, lighting, writers, actors, investors or any other aspect. Lets have a meeting. Maybe somewhere downtown or in Soulard. In the spring at some pub. I think it would be a great small gathering to have once a month to encourage film production in St. Louis. Maybe we could invite the mayor. I have read that NYC did something like that. We have ton's of settings both new and old. We heve terrain, history, empty buildings that could be painted to make sets, back yards that look like empty fields, rivers and lakes and wild turkeys. We even got big, harry ass horses pulliing beer wagons around and selling that !@#$ for $7 a can at the game. I am willing to bet that we have a lot of other talented people here.

PavonineDigital@aol.com

Drop me a note. Lets all network!
Old March 9th, 2005, 03:00 AM   #203
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Keith Forman : Pal will likely be a problem. We use NTSC here, and most equipment won't play Pal. -->>>

Dude I am not quite sure you know what your are saying. I can scan pal into Windows Movie Maker easier than I could 24p. And pal is much closer to 24p than NTSC. Many independent film makers in the US use pal.
Old March 9th, 2005, 04:44 AM   #204
Air China Pilot

There's no guarantee that the machine they are trying to view the reel in is has PAL. Why take a chance that they don't have it? A studio looking through reels doesn't want to scan someone's demo into a format they can view. They just want to slot it into the 80 dollar VCR or DVD player and skim through it from the couch. Actually sending a VHS tape is still a good idea.
Old March 9th, 2005, 09:49 AM   #205
Regular Crew

anyway like nick said sending reels wouldnīt make much sense for a p.a. position besides it would cost me way too much$$$ as i intend to send my resume to at least 30 companies. in think nick is right might as well show it once iīm hired.(if i'm ever hired, lol)
Old March 10th, 2005, 12:26 PM   #206
Regular Crew

about the cover letter: you always have to write your address as well as the company's, is it a big deal if i donīt write the company's so i can avoid to edit my letter for the 100000 companies i will send my resume to?

peace
Old March 10th, 2005, 02:29 PM   #207
Regular Crew

I had an uncle who worked in the British film industry as a sound re-recording technician. He worked for Pinewood Studios for many many years. He worked on films like Pink Floyd's The Wall, at least five different James Bond films, Eyes Wide Shut, and a bunch of other ones.

Even with all those films under his belt, he still wished until the day he died that he had the opportunity to move to Los Angeles and work in Hollywood. Unfortunately it never came for him, but it does say something about Hollywood.
Old March 10th, 2005, 03:36 PM   #208
Contributor

Unfortunately there is not much going on in the way of features here in Germany. But if the economy here gets better, that could change. The Germans have a lot of lost ground to catch up on. I came here because I thought I saw a lot of potential, it hasn't entirely panned out yet, but I haven't lost hope. But there are a lot of industrial and corporate video jobs. Television programming is also very up an coming.

Frankenstein meets XL1
Old March 13th, 2005, 04:43 AM   #209
Trustee

Hey sorry about the delay in a response I've been shipped out fo the country and only recently made my way back to my computer. I know it's a pain but I think personalizing the cover letter for each company (or at least a few of the one's you're REALLY interested in) is a good idea and worth the extra work. I mean it's really only a matter of rewriting the opening paragraph and maybe copying the second and third for each company you apply to. Also try to find a company that fits you, as that will make writing the cover letter easier and may make your resume stand out better.
Old March 14th, 2005, 10:26 AM   #210
Regular Crew

Looking to get started in NJ

Hello,

I have a few script ideas for shorts. I'd love to get started making some movies. I don't have any contacts.

Anyone in northern NJ want to team up and make some shorts?

I have consumer-level equipment: Panny GS400 and iMovie or Final Cut Express.

I'm a beginner willing to work with other beginners.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands