Helping Hands from 2005 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old January 9th, 2005, 12:46 AM   #31
Major Player

Check out this one. Listings by State

http://www.indieclub.com/

You can also check my video index at:

http://www.bobcosta.com/menumap.php?Links=410
Old January 9th, 2005, 10:38 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Toronto Wedding Videographer Wanted

I'm shooting a candlelight wedding in Toronto, February 2005 and I want to team up with an experienced wedding videographer. This is a paid shoot and I will be editing the video myself. Owning your own equipment would be ideal, but not necessary.

If you're interested, please send me a brief letter outlining your style and experience. If you have an online demo reel, great, otherwise, we can arrange for a meeting.
Old January 10th, 2005, 11:34 AM   #33
Major Player

Message sent
Old January 11th, 2005, 08:50 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Film Production in Europe?????

Hi guys I'm a film student at Brooklyn College. I was thinking that my choice would be moving back to Europe.. England, Ireland or France......do you think guys I would have some possibilities there to develop my film carrier????? I love US and would like to work here , I was just thinking .. Well please let me know what you think... Thanks
Old January 12th, 2005, 11:33 AM   #35
New Boot

I have had someone come to me and ask if I can change my terms, and I have agreed. If you do not live here in Colorado you are more than welcome to rent my XL1. Here are the terms I am willing to deal with. You may rent the camera and associated equipment if you send me a cashiers check or money order for the amount covering the cost of my equipment plus the cost of shipping and the amount of time you are scheduled to use my camera. Personal checks will not work for me.

As far as time frame goes, this offer I am making to rent my camera is not for a limited time only. I will be renting out my camera as long as I can find people who can get some good productive use out of it. I rent out on a first come first serve basis. If you have any other ideas please contact me, I am open to reasonable requests.

To view the equipment I have, click the link at the bottom of the page located at... www.photographcolorado.com/xl1/

clubcure.com
Old January 13th, 2005, 08:33 AM   #36
Regular Crew

Looking for DVX100a rental in Cleveland

Anybody in Cleveland Ohio renting a Panasonic DVX? Let me know of your rates for camera rental. Thanks
Old January 13th, 2005, 06:47 PM   #37
Regular Crew

Upstate NY Movie

Hi, Folks...

As some of you may know, having seen other posts of mine on these boards, I am going to be shooting a feature in April.

Due to the fact that the feature is directly based on a short I've already produced, I will be acting in the movie.

Because of this, I'm finding it EXTREMELY difficult to set up all the technical aspects, while also arranging the rest of the prodcution. (Coordinating rehearsals, rewrites, props, etc., and all the while drumming up interest in the piece from my contacts acquired in over 20 years of screenwriting.)

So, what I'm looking to do is to see if I can find someone willing to come in and shoot the movie for me. I will take care of everything from there, but if I can work out a deal with someone to simply get everything on miniDV, that will allow me much more precious time in trying to tie the production together.

I am planning on a 3-camera shoot, with all 3 cameras stationary on tripods. - I know this sounds bizarre, but once you learn the premise of the movie, you'll understand.

The shoot will be one long day. (Tentatively, Saturday April 9th.)

I will be right up front in letting everyone know that I don't have a ton of money, but I will work out finances with someone to the best of my fiscal ability. Of course, if you're driving in from a distance, I will provide a room for the night at a nice little hotel just off exit 28 of the Thruway. (I live nearby, and the shoot is just 10 minutes up the road in a warehouse in Johnstown, NY.)

I do have a very decent number of industry contacts, most of whom have already agreed to watch the trailer, and a few, the entire production.

I will also give full credit to you under whatever heading you prefer (cinematographer, co-producer, etc.)

Most of all, I'm aiming to have this experience be a lot of FUN for everybody. To me, there's nothing better than making movies, and I like the whole process to be a good time for everyone.

If you're even a little interested, please drop me an email, and I'll explain more, as well as send you a copy of the script and the completed short that will be integrated into the final production.

My email is rusty21@nycap.rr.com

Thanks a lot for reading this lengthy (I told you, my background is in screenwriting... and writers are wordy!) post!

-Rusty-
Old January 13th, 2005, 08:45 PM   #38
Regular Crew

Oh yea...

I also forgot to add that, if it's something you could use, I will also throw in screenwriting services as part of the exchange.

If your forte is in production, and you're in need of anything scripted, up to and including an entire script of your feature-length premise, I'd be willing to write it for you.

Or, if you have something, and you'd simply like a critique or some help polishing, I would be glad to help out.

Of course, anything I write for you would be yours alone, as part of the return for helping me. I wouldn't require any credits, etc. from the eventual production.

-Rusty-
Old January 14th, 2005, 02:40 AM   #39
Regular Crew

DVX100 For Rent in Vancouver, BC

Hello everyone,

I have a DVX100 for rental if anyone is interested.

Most rental companies charge about $250CDN/day for the DVX alone but I'm charging $215CDN/day. If you find a different price, I'll guarantee to beat the price of any rental house.

Comes with 3x 10hr batteries, Pelican case, manual, and charger.

One important note, you must provide equipment insurance for the duration of the rental.

If you are interested or if you know anyone who may be interested, feel free to contact me anytime.

Norm Li
nli@q-films.com
604-764-5718
Old January 14th, 2005, 10:42 AM   #40
Regular Crew

Norm

First I have to say good idea I am sure someone will be interested (I have my camera).

What I really want to know is who did your web site and how much did it cost? I am in the market for a new site big time and I really I mean REALLY liked your site. Please let me know and good luck with the renting.

Michael
Old January 14th, 2005, 11:29 AM   #41
Air China Pilot

Yes, quite a nice Flash site.
Old January 14th, 2005, 11:37 AM   #42
Regular Crew

Hi,

Thanks for the compliments.

I actually purchased my website from template-monster.com and then I modified the graphics, text, and frames myself.

They have a huge selection of Flash templates.

Good luck!

Norm
Old January 14th, 2005, 03:12 PM   #43
New Boot

DV videographer needed in New York

I'm looking for a DV camera shooter to help me as a 2nd or third camera on some unique wrestling production shoots initially in Queens.If you have a good eye and your price is right this could quite probably lead to steady work and extensive travel including internationally (mostly in and around weekends).
You must have a decent Dv camera preferably a Canon XL-2 or Panasonic DVX100a or Sony PD170.
Editing and/or lighting knowledge is a definite plus. My fax is on the mend so you can respond here or just email me with some info at harborimages@optonline.net or at foxcam5@aol.com thanks-Tom
Old January 14th, 2005, 06:31 PM   #44
Regular Crew

New website for anyone who wants to make movies!

I am new to this site since I am new to the world of owning a quality DV cam. I must say I already love it! The people so willing to help eachother and the community established here are wonderful to see. I feel like I could accomplish anything with my DV, even if I don't know how to do it... yet.

I am a co-founder of a website that we made in hopes of getting people together (similar to this) with the purpose of making little short films and submitting them for everyone to see. It is www.filmforall.com. Anyone is welcome to join. We post projects each month and anyone who wants can participate and then upload their short onto the website. Users (its free) can vote on their favorite and it will be archived to the website. We would like to see it grow because its something we'd like to share with alot of people, so anyone that is interested, has free time, likes making movies, wants practice etc feel free to join. I hope to see some new members from around the world someday!

Mitchell Stookey
Old January 14th, 2005, 09:09 PM   #45
Major Player

Tried both emails but they bounced back.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands