Helping Hands from 2005 - Page 32 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old June 21st, 2005, 06:16 PM   #466
Regular Crew

Los Angeles based Indie Filmmakers

I started an Indie filmakers group on MySpace.com to meet other people who can help with projects which include Actors, Directors, Screenwriters etc. Please join if you are in the L.A. Area and would love to meet and help other people out. The link is below:

http://groups.myspace.com/FilmNetworking

Last edited by Oscar Vidales; June 22nd, 2005 at 02:34 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2005, 02:31 PM   #467
New Boot

Lowells Ok?

I have a new lowell kit with 3 heads gels scrims etc. AND a new XL-2 and mics.I have 20 years experience shooting and lighting but very little in your segment of the market which I know is blowing up.Give me a call if you're interested in possibly working together-Tom 516 458 4035
Old June 22nd, 2005, 11:43 PM   #468
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Blair
I have 20 years experience shooting and lighting but very little in your segment of the market which I know is blowing up.
Blowing up as in the market is disintegrating, or the images are getting bigger?
Old June 23rd, 2005, 03:11 PM   #469
New Boot

T-Shirt/Embroidered Polos and Hats and More

I would to apologize if this sort of thing is frowned upon, I have been a bit undecided on whether or not to offer my services to you guys, but I thought that I might be able to help you guys out if you're looking for promotional items.

By day I'm a sales rep for First Gear, a screenprinting and embroidery company in Kentucky. We're running some summer special for promotional white t-shirts with a two color front, 1 color back, free custom artwork and screen fees w/ a First Gear Logo (about 2" wide) for bottom line price of $3.99 per shirt. Shipping would be estimated for this type of order at right around $25 for the order. I know that at bridal shows and other events promotional items can play a major role in drawing people to your booth, and really getting their attention. Also, if you are interested in more or less, please feel free to drop me a line, as this isn't a firm number special.

Also, if you're looking for some professional looking twill button shirts or polos with embroidery work, we can also supply you with some nice casual wear with no minimum order requirement. We offer a full catalog, partially browsable on the web, and custom artwork for the sew. Digitizing fees would apply to graphics.

I'm not trying to push any of this on you guys, I just see how awesome this community is, and extending my services to you guys if you are intersted. You won't see me spamming this across other threads or bumping this, just as a curteousy.

Thanks for the time.
Old June 24th, 2005, 01:09 AM   #470
Major Player

I could be available in Houston....

Shooting on HDR-FX1

www.resmedia.com

Thanks
Old June 24th, 2005, 08:59 AM   #471
Obstreperous Rex

Thanks for your offer, Matt. Some of our moderators suggested moving your post to our "Helping Hands" board so I've done that.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old June 24th, 2005, 10:30 AM   #472
New Boot

Thanks Chris, I was unsure of where to post!
Old June 26th, 2005, 09:16 PM   #473
New Boot

Anyone need a website?

Hey everyone, I'm a little low on cash so Im offering some cheap webdesign for your production. If you'd like to give your Wedding/Event videography company a professional look, or you need a page to promote a short film, I can customize an eye catching and dynamic webpage for you.

Here's what I'm offering.....
for around 100, Ill make you somthing like this>> SubCulture website
for around 180, somthing like this...
My website>> www.anigmafilms.com

I work with all video formats and can encode streaming video in Real Video format, Windows Media, Quicktime (Progressive or Streaming), or the new Flash Video format (witch I personaly like).

note
Im only offering the site design, its up to you to get the domain name (www.yoursite.com) and web server to host your website on.

The price will depend on the safistication of the site and what you would like it to do, but I don't charge any more than 180 for design though!

Im only booking a handfull of sites for the summertime and hopfully we can help each other out! If you have any questions or would like a site, please e-mail me at sphandro@msn.com

thanks for looking!
-alex
Old June 27th, 2005, 11:01 AM   #474
New Boot

Progressive/Social Justice Video Making in TN

Hi -

While inching along on my own feature length DV project, I'd like to find other things along a similar philosophical/political line to work on. Are there any other filmmakers in Middle TN who could use some help with projects that are oriented to social justice, environmental, or peace issues? I can shoot, edit, direct, or serve as a member of your crew. Looking to make the world a better place while practicing my craft.

You can learn a little about me and my current project, Led To Believe, at:

www.hometown.aol.com/outofthefog2004

Thanks,
Allan
Old June 27th, 2005, 06:27 PM   #475
Major Player

Looking for Z1/FX1 shooter in Orlando Fl.

Hello,

Looking for Z1/FX1 shooter in Orlando/Central Florida area.
Have shoot coming up and need 2nd camera..Please email me if any interest..
Email vidiot57@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Mike Moncrief
Old June 28th, 2005, 07:18 AM   #476
New Boot

Short-Term Equipment rental

I have a gig to tape a jazz performance of a local university school of music, and would really love to have the ability to edit down from a two camera set-up.

I have a single xl-1s, and have heard the second camera needs to be on par with the first camera, or the quality change will be noticeable when you cut between the two. I can't really purchase another xl, or even a gl. Would prefer a gl, so my daughter can operate it handily.

Any advice on a reputable business where I could rent a gl-1 or gl-2 convenient to North Carolina, by this Friday?

As an alternative, what about purchasing a low-end DV camera, would that really work ok? would it work somewhat ok?

All help appreciated.

Eddie
Old June 28th, 2005, 08:10 AM   #477
Major Player

I know that EVS rents cameras. Try www.EVSonline.com, but call them for fastest response. I deal with Rush there.

Considering time pressure and importance, I would not try to fool with matching to a 1 chipper at this point, although it can probably be done.
Old June 28th, 2005, 08:52 AM   #478
Regular Crew

You might also try Technical Video Systems, 527 E. Chatham St, Cary NC. 800-245-0916. www.techvid.tv. Gary Ballard is the Sales Manager and a good guy.
Old June 30th, 2005, 01:24 PM   #479
Tourist

Film Composer / Feature Films

Hi,

I am a composer that has done work for film,
television, and video games.

I am represented by Bob Rice of Four Bars
Intertainment which is famous for representing
the A list of award winning composers.

My music company is also associated with
Hummie Mann, who worked on films such as
City Slickers, Robin hood Men In Tights,
and Sister Act.

If anybody on this site is looking for professional
music composition, please contact me.

Please visit my website at:
www.DanielSadowski.net for samples and info.

I am currently composing for video games
and a feature film with cast and crew
from ER, Charmed, Donnie Brasco,
A Thin Red Line, The Forgotten, and more.

Sincerely,

Daniel Sadowski
Soundrama Productions
daniel@soundrama.com
studio: 253-984-0819
cell : 253-678-9323

Representation
Bob Rice
FBI four bars intertainment
Old July 1st, 2005, 09:29 AM   #480
New Boot

Good info, thanks!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands