Helping Hands from 2005 - Page 35 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old July 18th, 2005, 02:37 PM   #511
Regular Crew

stock footage of New York

Hi Joel,

Interesting web-site. I have (2) Sony Z1U's and live in New York. As you might know, Sony Z1U's are versatile and can shoot, HDV, DVcam in NTSC and PAL. I have quite a lot of footage of the City and I am also available to shoot any custom footage you might require.

Please feel free to Email me if you need anything or have questions,

Regards,
Garius Hill
garius@musecycle.com
Old July 18th, 2005, 03:49 PM   #512
Major Player

Joel,
you can add Vancouver, Whistler, Deep Cove, Horseshoe Bay, Capilano suspension bridge to the list.
Old July 18th, 2005, 05:33 PM   #513
Regular Crew

Joel,
Also please add Miami, Florida. I have a Canon GL2 and I am used to working with Art Directors, and Film Directors.
Yours,
Tom Elliott
Miami, Florida
Old July 18th, 2005, 05:44 PM   #514
Regular Crew

las vegas

I would be happy to provide more Vegas footage. If you need any in the future please feel free to contact me.
Old July 19th, 2005, 01:16 PM   #515
Trustee

If you want corn fields and cows and grizzled old farmers bailing hay, I'm your man! LOL.
Old July 19th, 2005, 01:36 PM   #516
Still Motion

LF: Wedding shooter, Barrie Toronto area with full equipment

Hello

I've had a couple cancellations with our videographers and I'm wondering if anybody on here is in the Ontario area with full equipment, both video and a wireless mic, and available August 13th of next month?

Let me know if you may be interested.
Old July 19th, 2005, 05:38 PM   #517
Major Player

Looking for component betacam sp vtr setup in Portland

I have (10) 30 min beta SP tapes I need to transfer to a PC via component, then out to a RAID via firewire. I'm in Portland, OR.

Does anyone have a setup they wouldn't mind renting time on ?

Thanks!
Old July 20th, 2005, 12:34 AM   #518
Regular Crew

Toronto

great idea. Don't hesitate to contact me.

lewis
Old July 20th, 2005, 10:45 AM   #519
Trustee

As indicated in his profile, Joel is a 'new boot', and this thread is his only posting. It might be safe to assume, kind folks, that your responses in this thread are not being read by Joel, as he is probably not frequenting this forum other than dropping in to start the ball rolling - as he did. Rather than post responses in hope for negotiating with his company, I would recommend responding directly to Joel via the email address he included in his post. It seems to be what his intention was.
-Jon
Old July 20th, 2005, 12:14 PM   #520
Regular Crew

I did just that and have yet to hear from him.
Yours,
Tom
Miami, Florida
Old July 20th, 2005, 12:43 PM   #521
Trustee

As did I, but it may be awhile...or not at all, depending on the needs of the company. I think a good stock company likes to hedge their bets for potential expansion. A cursory review of their site indicates that they are pretty well stocked, but might want some additional styles or locations that other sites are not offering.

When emailing Joel (or any other stock company) be sure to indicate what you shoot with, as well as some specifics about your location. Maybe even a little bit about your previous experience (although I think I forgot to do that.) This will help the company decide whether or not you can offer a competitive product that they will be able to package and resell. It is a competitive business, but there is a great need for good stock videography, especially in budget conscious productions, location segues for television series, newsclip backgrounds, specialty productions for cable networks such as the History Channel, etc...

A good stock company is a valuable resource, but their goal is not necessarily to pay you to shoot footage, but rather to pay you appropriately to shoot footage they can sell. Personally, I would love to have a gig like this.
-Jon
Old July 21st, 2005, 03:27 AM   #522
Regular Crew

Would love to help, but CO is a little out of your way. Have you tried Portland State? Last I remember the Vikings had a good A/V department, otherwise it sounds kind of weird but Omsi my still have some older equipment. Just some thoughts.
Old July 21st, 2005, 01:26 PM   #523
Major Player

Thanks Devin. I hadn't thought of OMSI. That might be worth checking out. I have calls into the local public access stations. PSU's an interesting option...I think the athletic department owns the video suite...not sure. I'll check it out.

Thanks!
Old July 21st, 2005, 11:04 PM   #524
Major Player

So what's the deal everybody?

Is anyone up for a Zombie movie which needs to be DONE by August 31?

First prize is a Panny anamorphic adapter (mine!) and Sony Vegas, Me66/K6, and some other stuff (all yours)...
Old July 22nd, 2005, 07:18 PM   #525
Regular Crew

FCP Editor Looking to Build Experience

Hello all!

I have recently completed the Apple Pro Training for Final Cut and I am looking to get my foot in the door and get some real work experience. I am located in Las Vegas, and am happy working from a distance. I am excellent at working without supervision and determined to provide my best work with every project.

I'm eager to take on any and all projects at a negotiable rate of $12hr.

If you are interested in finding out more about my experience, please visit my resume at http://homepage.mac.com/nathan_chaszeyka/Resume1.html.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and I'll look forward to hearing from you.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands