Helping Hands from 2010 - Page 15 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old May 18th, 2010, 11:36 PM   #211
Wrangler

soundman needed for Steadicam workshop

Hi there:

I'm teaching one of my advanced Steadicam workshops in LA on June 7th and 8th. The second day has the students shooting an elaborate "one'r" with their rigs, a scripted scene with four actors. We like to have decent sound on these for playback purposes so we can hear the dialogue cues, as well as for students to have a useable shot for the reels if desired.

We are looking for someone to record sound and transmit to the camera, so it would require a 4-channel mixer and at least 4 wireless mikes (we have one). We shoot the same shot all day. If someone has an interest in Steadicam, it's an opportunity to pick up some tips along the way (the audio demands are not super-intensive).

Pay is $125 for the day with gear. Obviously not much but again, if the Steadicam aspect is of interest, it might be a valuable experience to be a fly on the wall.
Old May 19th, 2010, 10:42 AM   #212
Regular Crew

DVD replications needed

Hi everyone, I'm working on putting a DVD together to sell to help raise money for a really good friend of mine. His 11 year old daughter is in desperate need of a liver transplant. I'm looking for a DVD replicator that would be willing to donate some hopefully all of their services to help this wonderful little girl. I'll be needing 1000 DVD copies with case, insert and all. If anyone knows a replicator that might be willing to help out please let me know.

Thanks,
Joe Thatcher
Old May 20th, 2010, 02:35 PM   #213
Regular Crew

Don't know if anyone would be interested but here's a link to a website that has more info on the girl in need of the transplant and different ways people can help.

Help a young hunter get a liver! - CouesWhitetail.com Discussion forum

I have yet to find a replicator so I'm still looking and hoping I can find someone willing to donate their services. I don't know for sure but I believe it would be tax deductible for the replicator if one decides to help us out.

Thanks,
Joe
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:25 AM   #214
Major Player

I would really like to help

I would really like to help, but 1000 discs is a decent sized production run. I would be able to give you a very significant discount, but I wouldn't be able to do the job on a strictly volunteer basis.

You can get me contact information on my website at JAKKmedia.com if your at all interested.
Old May 21st, 2010, 11:04 AM   #215
Regular Crew

Cineslider NYC RENTAL Needed

K&M, HWC in NYC are both out, they're the only places I can find that rent the Kessler cineslider.

Need one ASAP for a Monday May 24th shoot.

Let me know if you know of a rental, or if you have one to rent.

Thanks
Nathaniel
Old May 21st, 2010, 11:09 AM   #216
Regular Crew

Thanks Adam I sent you an email to your business address.
Old May 21st, 2010, 11:28 AM   #217
Regular Crew

Closed...

Never mind...Found one.
Old May 21st, 2010, 01:23 PM   #218
New Boot

try camerent.co.uk
Old May 22nd, 2010, 06:06 PM   #219
New Boot

Sony EX1R shooter and Vegas Pro 9 editor available in Helsinki, Finland, EU

Hi,
I am available for shooting and editing projects with my XDCAM EX1R and Vegas Pro 9. Also starring Canon HF-S100 and some sound gear from AKG and M-Audio.

--AOK--
Old May 23rd, 2010, 09:42 AM   #220
Trustee

Wish I lived in LA I would be there like a shot just to hang out with you guys!
Old May 23rd, 2010, 06:41 PM   #221
Regular Crew

rent a zeiss cp for 5D

i need to rent a Zeiss compact prime (28,35 or 50mm) for the weekend of the 12th of june in london for my canon 5D. i have not had any luck with local rental houses anyone have any ideas?
aloha
tito
Old May 31st, 2010, 05:21 PM   #222
Regular Crew

Thinking about aquiring footage ...

I am currently budgeting a short film for a client. For this film I will need specific footage from all around the globe, mostly from large metropolitan centres.
Instead of travelling around the globe I thought maybe there are enough people here that could shoot this stuff in HD 1080i and send it to me. I would provide a briefing and require an Mpeg1 clip of the aquired footage before the purchase transaction could take place (I guess - haven't really thought this through - procedural suggestions welcome)

Locations that I am looking for footage from include:
Beijing / Hong Kong / New York / Sao Paolo / Sydney / Dubai or Bahrain / London / Singapore / ect....

From each of these I would need some signature shots of urban landmarks, shots of urban mobility and some specific installations, most of which are publicly accessible.

certain locations would need local contacts for access permits, these would be provided.

At this point it is just an idea, let me know what you think. If you are in any of these places (or similar metropolitan cities) drop me a mail and let me know how much you would charge. Shooting can be done in a day or less in each destination. (one full day is how long I would spend shooting in each city if I travel myself.)
Old May 31st, 2010, 09:51 PM   #223
Major Player

Oliver;

I have several clips of Washington DC landmarks (day and night) in 1080 DVCPRO that a guy hired me for and then disappeared off the face of the earth. Yours if you can use them.
Old June 1st, 2010, 07:43 AM   #224
Regular Crew

I could shoot some footage in Toronto and/or Detroit. I live nearby. I own the AG-HPX170 which shoots DVCPRO HD codec.
Old June 1st, 2010, 09:10 AM   #225
Major Player

I can shoot the Philly Art Museum steps.... because THAT'S never been put into a film before. (j/k, Rocky)
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands