Helping Hands from 2010 - Page 17 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old June 8th, 2010, 10:31 AM   #241
Major Player

monitor no longer needed.
Old June 8th, 2010, 01:13 PM   #242
Regular Crew

Get Feature Film Credit - Expand your Resume

Hi everyone, not sure how many people here know or remember me, but I recently finished production on my first feature film.

I am seeking individuals who are looking for feature film credits on IMDB and those looking to expand their resume. This is a simple (but not necessarily easy) position and you do not need to live near me to become involved in this wonderful project.

Seeking Production Assistants, Associate Producers, and Executive Producers. Again, you do not need to live near me.

If interested, please PM or email me.
Old June 8th, 2010, 07:03 PM   #243
Major Player

needed in vegas friday

a couple of 16gb CF cards and perhaps a tripod with 501 head. going to be shooting
a couple out there and would offload and return cards friday night or sat. am.
I can buy dinner and drinks. I have decided to shoot some DSLR and dont
have anything bigger than 4gbs.
Old June 9th, 2010, 07:50 AM   #244
Major Player

Craigslist now on DVInfo

Let's have credit for dinner tonight right after we fill our gas tanks with our expanded resume.
Old June 9th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #245
Major Player

Shooter - Groton CT

I need a B roll shooter for no more than 2 hours for a wedding in Groton, CT on July 3rd. Any HD format will work. Thanks!
Old June 13th, 2010, 01:13 PM   #246
New Boot

email

Nathan
I sent you a personal email requesting a little more information on this job. Did you receive it?
Old June 14th, 2010, 10:48 AM   #247
Trustee

Looking to rent HMC-150

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in renting me their Panasonic HMC-150 for about a week during the end of July. I have 2 cameras ready to go, but still need a third to complete the setup. I can always go through a rental house, but I figured I'd give the DVinfo community a chance to earn some extra cash for equipment that might otherwise be sitting around.

If you might be interested, shoot me a PM and we can talk. I'm based in Minnesota, but can definitely pay for insured shipping if necessary.

Thanks!
Old June 14th, 2010, 02:49 PM   #248
Major Player

Professional Mentor Needed

Hi, I'm Kevin. I'm looking for an employer and mentor.

I plunged into freelance videography about two years ago, despite having three kids and a mortgage and so forth. While this year I'm finally reaching profitability, my biz model and skills are stagnating as I'm shooting similar projects for similar clients with flat increases. Quite simply, I've been working alone off of what I read on web boards and what I learned in film school 15 years ago. I need another perspective. Time to shake things up.

My concentrations have been on scientific videography (I worked in cancer research for 5 years prior) and producing videos for churches and non-profits. Most jobs have been one-man-band affairs, although I've managed to PA on a few national reality shows that have rolled through the Charlottesville area. Gadget-wise, I own and shoot an HVX200, Z1U, and HV30, and edit in Final Cut.

My goals are to refine my skills as a videographer in run-and-gun situations (travel, doc, ENG) and gain better understanding of industry standards and practices, considering I just started doing this without ever having worked for any broadcast organization. I'm not afraid to travel (have shot twice in Liberia) and have an incredibly supportive wife. We're thrifty, and I'm admitting inexperience, so my rates are accordingly low :D I'm punctual, professional (perhaps too much so, cold-fish-like), resourceful, and learn readily.

Some work is currently online at out perpetually-under-construction http://www.mcbob.tv

If you think I could help your productions while you help me, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for your time.
Old June 15th, 2010, 06:15 AM   #249
Trustee

Just wanted to mention that I've done business with Nate previously and he's a standup guy. I personally would not hesitate to rent equipment to him.
Old June 15th, 2010, 10:46 PM   #250
Trustee

Thanks Paul, same to you!
Old June 16th, 2010, 10:40 AM   #251
Major Player

Hi Nate,

Your post caught my eye for two reasons. We shoot with the Panasonic HMC150 and we will be in Minnesota next week to give a two day presentation with the Minnisota PVA.
Von Training

You might want to checkout their website to see if anyone can help you out with an HMC150 rental.
Our Members

Last edited by Mark Von Lanken; June 16th, 2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: spelling
Old June 17th, 2010, 08:29 AM   #252
Regular Crew

European Video Project

European Video Project

My name is Simon Duncan. I am Australian Independent Film maker living in Angers, FRANCE. I have been living in France since 2006 making my own films.

I am wanting to create a film/video project.

I am wanting to create a website with video’s from various locations and people throughout Europe. The idea being to create a personal window of individuals, their city and passions. Each video would be 4 to 5 minutes in length with footage and interview of the individual and their city.

If people are interested and want further info please contact me.
This is a non paid project.

In the meantime you can look at my personal website to see some of my current video work.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Simon DUNCAN
www.simon-duncan.com
email: simon.duncan@orange.fr
Old June 21st, 2010, 03:27 PM   #253
Regular Crew

Now I know more...

I would require someone to shoot for one day in 1080i PAL in the following locations:

Sao Paolo
New York
Hong Kong

I will provide a local contact who would handle transportation and permits for the locations I need shot. the local contact would be present during the shoot. In addition to the specified locations I would also need some general footage of the city, especially urban mobility. (no client present for the city shots, you may do this at your own discretion)

All the footage needs to be transferred to hard disk, the local contact will handle payment and courier the disk to me.

If you are in any of these locations please contact me at on@abaku.net
Old June 22nd, 2010, 06:36 PM   #254
Regular Crew

Commission based sales opportunity for 3d gear

The ideal candidate already has relationships with Hollywood rental houses and production companies. Perhaps you are already a sales rep for XYZ in Hollywood and are looking to moonlight for some extra cash. Fantastic opportunity for someone who is creative, motivated and technically orientated.

We design and manufacture 3D stereoscopic rigs for live action production. Must have a working knowledge of production particularly on the camera end, 3d knowledge is advantageous but we can bring you up to speed on those details. Looking for someone who can canvas Hollywood and the world to generate leads, assess needs and close deals. Attractive commission on each unit sold. Great potential for growth in the film and TV industry. We have solid products you can get behind with more coming.

Contact, John Harvey

john@magicine.com

MAGICINE.com - Home
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:47 PM   #255
Regular Crew

Full-time editing job, College Park, Maryland

The Marketing Communications office of U of Md College Park's Business School is hiring a full-time videographer/editor (more editor I think) on a renewable contract.

Here's the web address for the job ad.

https://jobs.umd.edu/applicants/jsp/...stingId=139457

I used to have this job, after a few years of increasing budget pressures they decided they really needed someone cheaper when contract renewal came around.

They're all friendly people and you'll get to work a lot with a former television producer who, while she wants lots of control over editing, really knows how to plan a shoot, interview, and write a solid script. Feels like semi-pro to pro corporate/agency video work.

Get your contract renewed for a year or two and you'll start to get health benefits even as a contract employee. You'll also get to work with a nice 8-core Mac Pro system with final cut suite 2 and adobe cs3 master suite that's technically really up to spec for whatever they need.

However, even if you can do everything they want in the job description well, I don't think you can make close to $25 an hour working there to start or anytime soon. And there will be a few days of mandatory unpaid leave around spring and winter break as long as the state has budget issues. They do give you generous amounts of paid vacation time though so that's kind of a wash.

Also, through much of spring and fall they (responding to outside pressure) may rush and overload you as they're mostly marketing folks who don't know how long some video things take to do. So you'll have to protect the time needed to finish your stuff on time while still keeping them happy.

It was an excellent first full-time video job for me, maybe it will be for one of you. They want a moderately fast and fairly skilled but not necessarily experienced final cut editor who works well in a team of non-video marketing people under frequent pressure, and, this is important, they don't want to pay very much.

You can see some of the work I did for them at YouTube - SmithBusinessSchool's Channel

Shayne Weyker
weykervideo@comcast.net
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands