Helping Hands from 2010 - Page 24 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old September 11th, 2010, 09:29 PM   #346
Major Player

I'm in, would love to help you out.
Old September 12th, 2010, 08:03 AM   #347
Trustee

Parts Animation

Need a person experienced with parts animation sequence for the web. Project will involve assembly of scope and scope rings on a tactical and sporting rifle. Animation is similar to this Bushmaster Presents - ACR but less complex. CAD files are available. Non disclosure agreement required. Prefer person in the Atlanta, GA area. If interested please contact me at mw@natureflixs.com and I will put you in contact with the client.
Old September 13th, 2010, 08:02 AM   #348
Inner Circle

Robert I am happy to help and editing this week.
Old September 14th, 2010, 08:45 PM   #349
Major Player

Hi Kathleen, hope the shoot goes well.

I'm in Glasgow, go a 7d and a 550d, I'll send you a PM with full kit list.

James
Old September 15th, 2010, 05:35 PM   #350
Trustee

Need experienced greenscreen studio/freelancer near Dublin, OH

Greenscreen setup Near Dublin, OH

My client has a couple of talking head interviews to videotape. They need to be done waist-up on a greenscreen with a teleprompter. Lav mic is ok. If you have a shotgun on a boom stand, run that as the second channel.
Prefer 1080 30p but can take 720 60p or 30p.
Also prefer that files be delivered on hard drive rather than tape. I edit on FCP so ProRes would be ideal. I will take care of keying.

These will be intercut with shoots I did here using an HMC-150 so that's the baseline.
We used three lights on talent (backlight, fill, and main)

If you have access to a pro studio or can rent one, that would be preferred as these are not actors but business owners.

Contact me at rob@yipdogstudios.com or through the dvinfo mail for more details.

Shoot will need to happen in the next couple of weeks so contact me as soon as possible.
Thanks!
Old September 16th, 2010, 12:51 PM   #351
Trustee

This forum ROCKS!
got someone booked...thanks for the views.
Old September 16th, 2010, 02:16 PM   #352
Regular Crew

Jobs for videographer/editor in Boulder, CO area?

Hi,

I'm Tristan Howard, I have years of video production experience, I'm a college graduate, I recently moved to Boulder, and I'm seeking work. Feel free to let me know if any local jobs are available in the next few months. My résumé (Tristan Howard Productions - Résumé) and many samples of my work can be found on my website (Tristan Howard Productions). I can start work this month, but I plan on attending graduate school in fall 2011, so I'll likely only be available for about a year.

My main experience is in shooting and editing natural history documentaries, my work has been broadcast on local PBS stations, and I'm well-equipped to capture professional HDV wildlife and scenery footage.

Thanks,
Tristan
Old September 17th, 2010, 12:11 PM   #353
Tourist

Video Shooter in Buffalo

Sharon Abreu, executive director of Irthlingz, is doing a presentation at an environmental educators conference in Buffalo on Thursday, Sept. 30 from 11:00 to 11:45 am. We would like to get footage of the event which we would edit, preferably shot on an HVX-200, to match other footage we have. We would only need the raw footage, and we could provide P2 cards to record to. We would need a fairly low-budget solution, probably just one person shooting in available lighting.

There is an excellent chance that others at this three-day conference would like video as well, so this could well expand to an all-day job, or even a two- or three-day job. Probably others would want edited footage, possibly with logos added, etc.

If interested, please send a quote to quotes(at)hurwicz.com

Thanks,
Michael Hurwicz
http://www.irthlingz.org
Old September 17th, 2010, 07:25 PM   #354
Regular Crew

a little late, but....

I'm coming to Scotland in mid November, staying about 30km southeast of Edinburgh for a week. Taking a mini-kit of a 550D and HVS200 and basic accessories and just plan on personal shooting of my trip. If you need b-roll help in exchange for a tour of area pubs... :)
Old September 20th, 2010, 09:30 PM   #355
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Need an Anton Bauer battery CONDITIONING charger in Vancouver, BC for a day!

Hi folks. I have 2 AB Dionic 90 lith-ion batteries that aren't behaving themselves. I have been charging for 2+ years on Tandem 70 charger/power supplies and was hoping that someone in the Greater Vancouver Area might be willing to throw them on a diagnostic/conditioning charger so I can find out if they can be conditioned back to acceptable or whether they are "done".

Karma, pay or service trade are all acceptable.

Number of charge cycles should not be even close to end of life on these two batteries.

Thanks.

You can also email me directly at:
shaun(at)gearheadvisual(dot)com
Old September 20th, 2010, 11:46 PM   #356
Regular Crew

Shaun.
If no one here has what you're looking for, you might try Lorne Lapham Sales & Rentals in North Burnaby. I bought my A/B system from them (Titan Twin / Propac / Trimpacs). Very helpful staff. I believe they rent out A/B batteries with their camera rental kits, so they might have what you need.

Keith
Old September 21st, 2010, 07:29 PM   #357
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Thanks Keith. I have friends/colleagues that deal with them a lot too so perhaps I'll give them a call. Cheers!
Old September 22nd, 2010, 10:58 AM   #358
Regular Crew

Shaun --- One of my TrimPacs isn't holding a charge anymore, and last year I replaced the ProPac with a new Hytron.. I'm OK with getting new ones as they were 5 years old, but do you think it's worthwhile trying to rcondition those old batteries? (I haven't even considered getting them re-celled) Would like to hear how you do with getting yours back into shape.

Keith
Old September 22nd, 2010, 08:35 PM   #359
Regular Crew

Los Angeles 9/27 - need PA with interview light kit

I need a PA who owns or has access to a small 3-4 light ARRI kit or similar for a half/day shoot in Brentwood area from 8A-12noon. Basic 1 camera interview setup so any small 3-4 light kit will work; also minimal assistance duties.

This is for this coming Monday 9/27, so please hit me ASAP with rates, gear info, etc.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 09:51 PM   #360
Regular Crew

If a PA owned a light kit and knew how to use it wouldn't it make them a Gaffer ?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands