Helping Hands from 2010 - Page 25 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old September 23rd, 2010, 03:02 PM   #361
Regular Crew

Wanted: JVC GY-HM100u shooter in DC Area

I have some low-key gigs that I would like to test-run a GY-HM100u before purchasing one. If you own one and are accepting work or would be willing to rent it, please contact me via the email function on the forum. Thank you.

Last edited by Christian Brown; September 23rd, 2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Typo.
Old September 24th, 2010, 07:28 AM   #362
Inner Circle

If you don't have any luck, as a long shot, maybe look up Yuri ( or Yuriy ) Zarkovsky or Kevin Tan on the facebook or yahoo mail instant chat.

They were shooting "Seeking Closure" on an older HD100 or similar but may have upgraded since.

"Seeking Closure" has a facebook page and its own website. I understand one or the other may be based in the DC area but they are fairly mobile.
Old September 24th, 2010, 11:22 AM   #363
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
I've made arrangements with my local retailer to get some time on their diagnostic/conditioning charger next week so I'll let you know how that goes.
Old September 27th, 2010, 06:59 PM   #364
Regular Crew

Sound man wanted in South East UK.

22nd November to the 5th December. We're shooting a 'proof of concept' trailer in south east England we need a sound man with his own equipment.

What we need is:

3 x lapel mics. (radio mics...sennheiser or better)

1 x Shotgun on boom.

1 x Cardioid on boom

4 track HD recorder.

A nice, friendly attitude...

There's only expenses on offer...but this will be a fun shoot that at the minimum will lead to a really top quality trailer for your showreel and possibly lead to the full feature being shot in 2011 for full pay.

Please contact me if you're interested.

Sean

info@recoil-films.com

Last edited by Sean Vincent; September 28th, 2010 at 03:08 AM.
Old September 28th, 2010, 10:11 AM   #365
Regular Crew

Looking for skilled videographer for job in Illinois

I need some exterior shots of a factory building in Loves Park, Illinois. We need some different angles, crane shots, dolly shots, and maybe timelapse shots i 1080p25 (PAL).

If you can help or recommend someone, I will be glad to hear from you. Send me a p.m. and include your email address.

Bjorn
Old September 29th, 2010, 01:23 AM   #366
Major Player

Thankfully I have not seen any of these kind of postings on DVinfo before now ie asking for something for nothing.
There are so many of them on various forums in the UK.
In my opinion that's where they should stay.
Old September 29th, 2010, 04:55 PM   #367
Trustee

James Houk gets kudos for a job well done. Very professional, reasonably priced and excellent quality. Footage keyed perfectly with minimal tweaking.
Highly recommended!
Old September 29th, 2010, 09:14 PM   #368
Regular Crew

another way to say I want something for nothing
Old September 30th, 2010, 03:51 AM   #369
Regular Crew

errr...thanks

Richard.. thanks for your constructive help there. Really nice helpful attitude.

This is our second feature...everyone on the first worked for free. We then took it to Cannes and have since had screenings all over Europe. Everyone involved has now moved on to bigger productions using our movie on their CV... everyone had fun, we fed everyone and we paid everyone's travel expenses.

I'm sorry i'm not offering full pay...there's plenty of jobs going for full pay...but they go to people with years of experience and a great cv...which is hard to build if you haven't been really lucky.

There are lots of crew looking to get a foot in the door, and this kind of project is exactly what they need. I work with good people who will help anyone who helps us.

Please don't think i'm asking for something for nothing...i'm not. And if you're not interested, don't put the project down...that's just sadly negative. I've had lots of people offering to help and we're going to have a really good shoot which will generate a really nice trailer for their CVs and showreels. This will then be circulated throughout the industry including a screening at Cannes next year...hardly a bad deal.
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:01 AM   #370
Inner Circle

Nothing wrong with doing work for nothing - sometimes we need to speculate to accumulate. Good luck Sean, hope the shoot goes well and goes further.
Steve
Old September 30th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #371
Regular Crew

Thanks Steve. :-)

I spent years working in studios for nothing but train money.. which turned into a career that's kept me from having to get a proper job for 20 years.. so it works!
Old October 1st, 2010, 10:06 AM   #372
Regular Crew

Case closed. We found what we neeeded :-)
Old October 2nd, 2010, 04:51 PM   #373
Regular Crew

Need help reading a Canon 30F tape, Charlotte NC area

I'm looking for someone in the Charlotte, NC area with a Canon XH-G1, XH-A1, or HV10, 20, 30, and 40 to help me recover a tape.

I have an Canon XH-A1 that I have used for a few years. This past week, I found that I had a tape that I shot with that would not play back in my camera. It shows a blank screen with no time code. I am 100% sure I recoded on this tape. I have cleaned my heads and also re-recored another 30 seconds of color bars at the beginning of the tape, but it still does not play back.

I would like to meet and find out if the tape will play in another Canon camera that supports 30F. If so, I would like to get the footage transferred off the tape to an external hard drive or some dvd-r's so it can be edited and used.

For the transfer, I would like keep the files as *.m2t and split during scene changes.

Please contact me at finalsignal@yahoo.com
Old October 6th, 2010, 08:33 AM   #374
Regular Crew

DP and PA in Washington, D.C

Hello all,

We're looking for a DP and a PA in Washington, D.C for this upcoming Tuesday (October 12th). The only requirements are that you have your own equipment and all content has to be in HD format.

Please send reels and rates to kc@magnetmediafilms.com.

Thanks!
Old October 7th, 2010, 08:13 AM   #375
Regular Crew

Need Grip/PA in Evansville, IN

Coming to shoot roughly October 17-20, and producer and I need a Grip/PA in Evansville, IN. It's a documentary style project. I'll be bringing most of the gear but might want to pick up some items locally, depending on what's available.

Thanks ...

John
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands